Quantcast Christmas Day Parade ABC Special [Merged Threads] - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I always watch it...can't help myself!

I'll be there the day after!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We actually got to watch this when it's supposed to air - Christmas morning! And they aired it in 1.5 hours, so not many commercials.

ahead!

I really enjoyed the special this year.

Lots of theme park footage (although nothing really new) from both Disneyland and WDW, and the sneak peek at Toy Story Mania was exciting. Kelly seemed a bit more subdued this year, and that's good in my opinion.

I liked the performances, although the Dancing with the Stars opening number was too short!!! The only performance I didn't really care for was unfortunately the big finale. Ugh - Jessica Simpson is not a natural performer. Her movements reminded me of Jack Sparrow. lol! And the lip-synching was horrendous.

Oh, and I'm not too keen (yet) on the new "interactive" characters. Goofy didn't bother me as much as Mickey and Minnie did. Maybe they'll grow on me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that I am really ticked this year with our ABC affiliate station. The TV guide says that parade is supposed to be on but they put the 700 Club on instead even though this program is also being aired on it's regular station, the same program. Why do they need to air it twice, especially in the place of a Christmas Special? I am so disappointed! I got up just to watch the parade, especially since it is just DH and I today. (Kids all came Sunday). Anyone else have this problem? My DGKs are very disappointed also.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else notice the talking/blinking Mickey and Minnie costume heads??? I heard about this from a VERY good source about 2 years ago ... how cool if the Characters can actually interact with the guests!

COOL!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay the talking Mickey and Minnie at the beginning kind of creeped me out but was cool at the same time. I was like "Mickey's talking! Ahhh!" and my husband didn't really get it. He was like "yeah...and?"

Overall, I liked the parade. I like the infomercial aspect of it because I like to see WDW and Disneyland on tv. I also like the finale with the choir. Is that the same choir as the Candlelight Processional?

And Melanears...ours was 2 hours so we must have gotten more commercials here in the USA than you got in Japan. (lucky us!)
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    Did anyone else notice the talking/blinking Mickey and Minnie costume heads??? I heard about this from a VERY good source about 2 years ago ... how cool if the Characters can actually interact with the guests!

COOL!
    I originally saw this last year I think? Maybe 2 years now...During Mickey's Magic Show... it was the first time they used them. Now they use them in the shows in front of the Castle, but I don't remember them being used in the parade before. I like them
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Christmas Parade on ABC

I missed the parade this morning. We (my DW) was lucky enough to find a Wii and my kids have been playing it all morning. How was the parade?
    1995 Wilderness Lodge-Honeymoon and First Trip
    1997 AllStar Music
    1998 Dixie Landings
    2000 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004 CBR
    2006 Port Orleans Riverside
    2008 Blew off seminar went for a day trip while in Daytona.
    2015 Coronado Springs
    2015 Wilderness Lodge-20 year anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

The talking Mickey and Minnie were just used for the parade taping they normally don't appear in the parades however can be seen in the Dream Along with Mickey show in front of the Castle

Overall I enjoyed the parade
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

It's a tradition to watch for us (last year, on site!). To the non-Disney crowd, it's an ad - to us, it's pure entertainment and makes us want to return (even though we just got back!). It was sad to see that Menudo has risen again - the perpetual boy-band.

Post Thanks / Like

I missed it too because our ABC affiliate station decided to air 700 Club instead. That was going to be the highlight of my day since DH and I were going to be alone today. I'm so sad to miss it.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    This is what I was talking about, Michael. I thought it was a little creepy, to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine the Disney Vacation video hosted by Regis and Kelly and you will just about have it. It was basically a 2 hour Christmas themed vacation video.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    Imagine the Disney Vacation video hosted by Regis and Kelly and you will just about have it. It was basically a 2 hour Christmas themed vacation video.
    Good description. Wasn't that happy with this year's addition. They need to rethink this show and make it more Christmas-like.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't really like it that much either. I prefer the christmas eve special they did a few years back with Frankie Muniz at the new Cali park, Wayne Brady and the bunch in the castle tracking Santa's arrival, etc. That was a much better show.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if it will come on again? It totally slipped my mind to record it and now I am so mad at my self.
    Honeymoon- Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge- August '06
    Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, and Wilderness Lodge- March '07
    AS Movies, Port Orleans French Quarter- July '07
    Port Orleans Riverside- September '07
    Caribbean Beach Resort- February '08

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbvette View Post
    Does anyone know if it will come on again? It totally slipped my mind to record it and now I am so mad at my self.
    I've never heard of them rerunning it, but watch next year's (or last year's) and you'll pretty much have seen it.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I watched it. It was okay but nothing to write home about. It's basically the same every year for the past few years but it's Disney and I have to watch.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Travel Channel

I watched a show with Samantha Brown from the Travel Channel Christmas Eve that was about all of the decorations at WDW and DW at Christmas time. It was pretty cool. I do not remember ever seeing it before. But as my DW says my memory isn't what it used to be.
    1995 Wilderness Lodge-Honeymoon and First Trip
    1997 AllStar Music
    1998 Dixie Landings
    2000 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004 CBR
    2006 Port Orleans Riverside
    2008 Blew off seminar went for a day trip while in Daytona.
    2015 Coronado Springs
    2015 Wilderness Lodge-20 year anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

I like the parade the way it is. So what if it is an advertisement for Disney? It's the Disney World Christmas Day Parade!!! I happen to enjoy the little clips of the park as well as the actual parade (which was slightly different this year by the way and included the new parade music). What I could do without was Miley Cyrus's butchering of Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas (Is You). I had never heard her sing before and that song was horrible. It was completely rearranged to fit one octave. An 11 or so year old girl sang this song in Love Actually and stuck to the original arrangement. THAT sounded great! Also, anyone still care about Jessica Simpson?? But other than their choice for performances I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 hours plopped in front of the TV
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I posted a thread on here about the characters actually moving their eyes and mouths. My mom was walking by my room, and I kept saying that Mickey and Minnie were scaring me, and I told her why and she's like, yeah, that would freak me out too. Oh, can someone please let Ryan Seacrest know that Snow White's prince, is not Prince Charming! Am I the only one who caught that. He's just called the Prince, right? No offical name?
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: