Quantcast What to wear?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: What to wear?

Post Thanks / Like

Question What to wear?

My BFF and I are going to disney in January. What is the weather like, should I start to dig out the capris, or are jeans and a long sleeved shirt comfortable?
    Dreams are a wish your heart makes

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It could be either/or/both. You never know with florida in the winter. It could be really cold one day, and really hot the next. The best is to just keep track of the weather. I am also going in January and I don't do my final packing until about two days before, and even then it can change and I could be left out in the cold, or heat.

Post Thanks / Like

We go every January - be prepared for ANYTHING - especially RAIN. Just bring things you can layer - put a few things in a backpack. It could be hot enough to swim, it could be cold enough to seek out the fireplace in Wilderness Lodge - you just never know. One thing for sure...January is totally unpredictable.
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly! Be prepared for anything. Take a little of everything and to conserve room in your suitcase just do a load of laundry if you run out of certain items. You never can tell in January, I lived in Florida for 6 years, 3 hours south of Orlando and one day it is 75 and 2 days later its 48. Being a northerner at heart I loved the 40's for a few days because I could finally wear my sweats for a few days! YEA!

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in January and only had one day that would have been warm enough for capris or shorts. The rest of our visit definitely required jeans and sweatshirts.

On the other hand, just before we arrived, it was quite warm and folks were in shorts every day.

I'd bring the capris but I'd also bring jeans and sweatshirts. January weather is quite unpredictable! (By the way, I'd also bring winter coats and gloves because it can even get that cold!)
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

When we were there last Dec, we needed everything from shorts and T's to jeans, sweatshirts, and jackets (and actually would have been more comfortable in winter coats one night). For us, the temps ranged anywhere from 45 to 80. I assume the weather in Jan is similar.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

As everyone has said, be ready for anything.

That said, I can say we were there in Jan 2006 and we saw some cooler temps (we're from the north, so anything warmer than 45 is warm to me!!) in the evenings, but the days, while they started out cool, they got warm enough that we had shorts on every day except our first -- capri's and "magic pants" for DS (the zip off pants). I did carry sweatshirts each day so we had the option of putting them back on once we shed them in the late morning.

The day we came home, we didn't have enough time before our flight (my fault) to change into pants and we arrived in Pittsburgh at 10 pm in our shorts.......DH asked if we were hot, and if so, boy were we in for a surprise when we got to the parking lot!! We left 86 and arrived to 28 that night!!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

[SIZE="4"UNPREDICTABLE!!!![/SIZE]

As stated above, the weather can change in an instant in January in Orlando!!! We have gone in January the past few years and will be there this Jan 10th-20th. I also wait till the very last minute to decide what to pack. I keep an eye on the weather starting about 1-2 weeks before and see what happens.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: