Quantcast seattle in a day?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default seattle in a day?

help!!! my sis is going on a weekend trip to seattle last minute and needs ideas on what to see and do. any info would be wonderful.
    Last edited by jennbunn; 11-28-2007 at 01:10 AM. Reason: spelling!!!
    jen

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on where she will be staying, and if she has a car. If she is downtown, there is the Pike Street Market, that has lots of cool shops, and of course fresh fish, etc. They have tour boats that go out into the Puget Sound that are alot of fun. There is the Space Needle, which is not far from the main downtown hub. Of course there are some really good restaurants!! I know I am skipping over an awful lot, but maybe someone else can provide more info. Hope she has a good time - Seattle is a fun place!

Post Thanks / Like

I've done some highlights of Seattle in one day before. I started out by booking a Duck Boat tour. This is amphibious vehicle that gives you a good tour of Seattle and then takes you out onto the water. You get to see the Sleepless in Seattle house as well as some really cool houseboats. This is over by the Space Needle. After the tour, head over to the Space Needle. It's a little expensive to go up, but the view is amazing. Then head over to Pike's Place Market. There are some really great places to eat there as well as some amazing shopping. If you still have some time, there are some neat shops in the Market's surrounding streets. When you are on the Duck Boat tour, you will get to see some really neat book shops that are grouped together, so if you still have time, it might be worth heading over that direction as well. I didn't because of my flight. But that's on my list for next time.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Nordstroms !

Pike Place Market: the flying fish market and home of the first Starbucks

Alderwood Smoked Salmon dinner

Holiday Atmosphere: I've been there Christmas time and the downtown area is beautiful during the holidays !
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    șoș WDW 9-83, 9-84, 9-88, 9-93, 5-94, 5-95, 5-96, 9-99, 9-07
    șoș TDL 6-83, 9-91
    șoș DLR many, many

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I live in Seattle... maybe I can help.

My favorite thing is the Pike Place Market. Along with fresh produce and the famous fish market there's all kinds of hand made things for sale like soap, jewelry, and wood carvings. I could walk around there all day.

If your sis doesn't have a car she'll need to stay around that area. A walk along the piers would be a fun thing. There's a lot of specialty shops there, the old Real World Seattle house (though its just a warehouse now, you can't go inside), and the Seattle aquarium.

Also nearby is the Seattle Center. There's all KINDS of things to do there. That's where the Space Needle, the Experience the Music Project museum, the Seattle Science Center, and the IMAX theatre are. I've never done EMP, but the Science Center museum is really cool, especially for kids (but adults too). The IMAX theatre also does laser shows.

Also at the Seattle Center is the Key Area, where the Sonic's play. Just on the other side of it is a restarant called Dick's. Tell her to go there. There's about 7 of them scattered all over downtown, but this will be the easiest one for her to go to. Dick's is pretty much a Seattle institution. They're only located in Seattle, and the food is so good. What In n' Out is for California, Dick's is for Seattle. If she goes, make sure she gets a milkshake. They're outstanding.

Also downtown is the main shopping area. The Nordstrom's there is the highlight, but there's also a Macy's, an insanely huge Old Navy, and lots of other nice stores, boutiques, and shopping centers. She could walk here from the Seattle Center area, but it is a ways away. If she'd rather, there's a monorail that travels from the shopping area to the Seattle Center and back.

If she has access to a car there are a few other area's to check out that are on the north end of the city. She could go to Woodland Park Zoo, or check out the area surrounding the University of Washington. There's a really nice outdoor mall right near there called University District.

Also on the more southern end of Seattle is QWest field (Seahalks) and Safeco field (Mariners). Those two are actually right next to each other. Just a few blocks from there is the International District. The bulk of that is China Town, but there are a few other areas represented as well.

Ok I've gone on and on. Hopefully that helped. If you have any other questions I'd be happy to answer them. You can send me a PM if you want.
    Is it April yet???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: