Quantcast Inferno with Disney Moive Rewards

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inferno with Disney Moive Rewards

You now can get Inferno with Disney Movie rewards. 650 points unlimited use
    here is a link i hope its ok to put it on here.

http://disney.eprize.net/moviereward..._selected=40-5
    Last edited by Patricia; 11-22-2007 at 04:26 PM.
    Looking Forward to the Future...
    Nah its not easy, No one said it would be,But look behind ya, yeah im still here ;-)

aka/Piratesrider

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Well, I can see that as being both good and bad.

Good - everyone could get their hands on Inferno now.

Bad - value of Inferno goes way down.

I wish you could get the Castle Suite room on Disney Movie Rewards...
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

LittleDragonErin Guest

Well there goes my Christmas surprises for some people. -_-'

I've given up making sense of their decision making so I'm just not going to say anymore on this.

EDIT: Some people have been commenting to me or friends of mine that what I've said shows I'm selfish and an inferno hoarder. Given that I have given away 10 infernos in the last 2 weeks, those 10 people I'm sure have a different opinion on the matter. My statement above was directed at their choice of item. They could easily have created the same demand with a new item (such as Stitch Space Vehicle Magic) or an item that we've seen but hasn't been released (such as Flying Carpet Magic)...why rehash an item that already exists, even if it is in demand? Wouldn't a new item have even more rarity and equal, if not greater, demand?
    Last edited by LittleDragonErin; 11-21-2007 at 12:55 AM. Reason: People annoy me.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess who is extremely happy about this!!!!!

NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh my goodness. I get back from Disneyland, and have 4 Stitch hats!! While people are making me incredible offers for them, I set out for the only this I want. Inferno. So BAM! I trade for it. Now, the value has gone WAY DOWN, and Stitch Hat value has gone WAY UP! UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH!!!!!!! I can kiss getting green flips good bye....

PS, I also think this is definitely the end to VMK. RELEASING ONE OF THE RAREST MAGICS IN ALL OF VMK? Pshh, to me, that's definitely the end to a game. Make everyone happy with what they always dreamed of (so they have a sense of accomplishment), then snap the trap and close it forever.
    VMK Name: DidneyWDWkm (AKA Did) then it changed to Didney_km
    Next Trip to Disney: December! Hopefuly its not as cold as last time...

Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

It's still not just a simple thing to snap up, it will keep some rarity. I think it's nice that they are making some things' value more reasonable, maybe fewer kids will get scammed out of everything they own.

And my thinking on the whole re-release of rare stuff is that it makes it more of a guessing game, which makes it more interesting. You never know what will go up and what will come back out so trading is a gamble. Also I'm always glad to see new players get a chance at something that was out of reach to them before, so I say bravo.

Laura
    AKA Mamacita in the VMK
    Past trips:
    WDWx7 (CBRx2, ASMx2, POR, Poly, FW)
    DLx7
    Next up, who knows!
    No time for goofin off, I got dawdlin to do!

Post Thanks / Like

PS, I also think this is definitely the end to VMK. RELEASING ONE OF THE RAREST MAGICS IN ALL OF VMK? Pshh, to me, that's definitely the end to a game. Make everyone happy with what they always dreamed of (so they have a sense of accomplishment), then snap the trap and close it forever.
    Okay well I wouldn't say this is the end of vmk. I don't really understand that its not like they are giving it out to everybody that walks in. It will still be kind of rare. I mean you have to buy 6 DVD before you can get it. That will probably take a while. I think it is good to re-release things people keep gettting scammed out of their stuff and that isn't right at all. The only way to really stop it would be to release it. I mean I don't think its right that they make it so alot of people can't get things. Now I do understand that people have traded lots and lots for something that will now drop in value. However when you say you'll never get green flips I don't know if I would say that I bet many thought Inferno wouldn't come out but look at what happened. Also I don't think everybody is going to up and quit VMK because their "dreams" have having inferno can now come true. Personally I think more people will have quit because as much as they tried they never could get what they wanted. I know this is true because one of my friends recently quit vmk because they had tried so hard and so long to get Inferno and they never where able to get it.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Boo.yaw!!!

I agree whole heartedly with Laura. It makes the game much more interesting when you don't know what items are going to be released next. Perhaps it's better to, as Ricks once put it, "expect the unexpected". Trading is always a gamble in the game. I too, am glad the newer players will have a chance for this magic pin.

It's all part of Disney's incredible marketing brilliance. What better way, just before Christmas, to get their movies sold? Instead of buying just one or two Disney movies for Christmas, how many people now will be buying more?

Thank you, Jeremy, for letting us all know.
    I am a woman of many moods and they all require chocolate.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pirate!

What I think is wrong about this is, they came out with the Red Stitch helmet and the Mickey Window a couple weeks ago. At 550 and 450 respectively. So people went off and bought movies and put them against that. So now they come up with Inferno for 650. This is real money we are talking about here. Not virtual stuff.

But I guess its still more about money then what is really fair. People will probably start dumpster diving again at their local video stores.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say it but this is pure marketing Genius. You get everyone to spend all their points on the Stitch Helmet and the Mickey Window, then release the most popular item on VMK right before the big Christmas rush. I see lots of kids asking for 6 or 7 Disney Movies for Christmas to get Inferno.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

For me, it's sort of funny. I still have the Pirates 2 DVD code and I still haven't used it. I keep holding it for something really worthwhile, but since I have an Inferno, thanks to the Inferno Fairy :P then I'll wait for a while.

To be more on topic, I think it's a great idea to make more items available to players. I know it really stinks to trade lots for an item then have it go down in value, but that's the risk of trading, isn't it? Besides, it would be nicer to let other people enjoy putting themselves on fire!
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Happy I kept my stitch hats? Yes

Inferno's worth way down? Yes

Nail in the coffin for me in enjoying VMK? About 2 more, then yes.

IDK. Nothing feels right in vmk anymore. I'm not going to complain. Just say that it doesn't feel right. It is a very well done marketing scheme. well timed and all. But of well. Inferno WILL lose all of it's value. Theater sets used to be expensive. Now you can't trade one if you wanted to.
    "There are two ways to look at this blank sheet of paper. You can look at it as the last page of a book, or as the greatest opportunity in the world because nobody's put anything on it." -Walt

Dreaming of Imagineering

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a good life lesson for kids today in this "you are what you have" world we live in.

- gets some coffee in my system and hopes the following makes sense -

umm

Nope it's still too early for me to make any sense.

What it comes down to is what you have either virtually or for real doesn't matter, it's what you do with your life and the friends and family you have that matter.

There's always going to be someone who has something better and bigger than you. And something better will always come along.

Be happy for what you do have and don't be envious of those have more. Life will be much better if you aren't always working for things you don't really need.
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

We tell our kids that one day we will try to log on and VMK may be gone. It is a game...enjoy it as a game.

Yes it took time to get and trade items, but it was (or should be) fun!

What about the time spent on a movie, TV show or reading a book. When it is over, do you feel down or ready to go on to the next item. All things in life take time, so the big difference is how we react to 'life' around us...be it virtual or real...

I choose to enjoy it
    VMK - Electro_Stitch
    World of Tanks - jjramsey
    VFK was - ElectroStitch

WDW:
    1 wk - '92
    1 wk - '93
    1 day - '00
    2 wks - '01
    1 month at one time! - '02
    2 wks - '03
    2 wks - '04 - during two of the hurricanes
    4+ wks - '06
    2+ wks - '07
    2 wks - '10
    2 wks - '11

...the next trip is...

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

This is just a warning to anybody that may decide to get the Inferno from the Disney Movie Rewards

The codes are bugged right now. Yesterday they where not working today they are but only giving you a single use Inferno that expires in 7 days. The site does say that it is unlimited just be careful entering the code until they get this problem fixed you wouldn't want to get that single use especially after spending all those points.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch, the single use inferno pin would hurt!
    VMK - Electro_Stitch
    World of Tanks - jjramsey
    VFK was - ElectroStitch

WDW:
    1 wk - '92
    1 wk - '93
    1 day - '00
    2 wks - '01
    1 month at one time! - '02
    2 wks - '03
    2 wks - '04 - during two of the hurricanes
    4+ wks - '06
    2+ wks - '07
    2 wks - '10
    2 wks - '11

...the next trip is...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up Dino!
    Grace/ VMK- OhGee

Greet each day with a smile! (but I need my coffee first!)

Aug 2009 - DLR, WDW & the Disney Wonder - once in a lifetime trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Terri.M's speech makes me want to trade my couch in for a hammock and move to Mexico.

I agree Tea. I kept telling my kids, more stuff is more stress. So, where is my oldest? In Mexico, sleeping in a hammock.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Just say when patti and i'll be right behind you!

Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone heard on whether or not the codes are working yet?
    I am a woman of many moods and they all require chocolate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkJJ View Post
    Has anyone heard on whether or not the codes are working yet?
    As of yesterday people where still getting the one time use Inferno. What is intresting is with all the problems with the code VMK has decided to still post it on their promotions page that you can get it. I would have thought they would have waited until they got it fixed.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: