Quantcast Nine Dragons Opinions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nine Dragons Opinions

Hey all.
    We're taking a trip to WDW in mid~December and have already made our ADRs. The only one I'm not too sure about is Nine Dragons. I personally like Chinese food and the menu looked pretty appealing. However, we tried Teppenyaki in 2005 and were really disapointed, the food was very bland. (yes I know Teppenyaki is Japanese, lol) Any opinions on the food, service, etc at Nine Dragons? It's too late to change the ressies so we're going, just wanted the scoop! Thanks for all the info!
    CTennant

~For you see, in the end it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not a fan of Nine Dragons. I get better chinese from the take-out place up the street from my house for about 1/3 of the price
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Default nine dragons

dh and myself ate there this past september and were very surprisd at how good it was. there was lots of choice and what we ate was excellent. it was the only thing open for adr at the time we wanted. but i have to say i would eat there again on our next trip. hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I am not a fan of Nine Dragons. I get better chinese from the take-out place up the street from my house for about 1/3 of the price
    My sentiments exactly. I couldn't agree more. We tried Nine Dragons once and won't return.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I like Nine Dragons. I wouldn't say it's my favorite but it is very good... one of my top two Chinese eateries of all time. You may be able to get similar food for a fraction of the price near your house but you could say that about virtually any Disney restaurant. I encourage you to keep your ADR... you'll enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone who has posted a reply. I really appreciate the input! I figured the food would be very similar to what we have at our local take out place, but I like that. And yes, I know it's way more expensive....but so is a burger and fries in WDW. I think it's definitley worth a try and since we know what to expect, I'm excited! I'll do an 'official' reveiw after our trip to pass on my opinon, too. THANKS again, you guys are great!
    CTennant

~For you see, in the end it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

We've eaten there several times and the food is very tasty and, yes, rather pricey (welcome to Disney!!).
    My only recommendation is to order more than one dish - if you can two or three - it gives a nice variety and share. When we went with friends last time, they each ordered one dish, because of the prices, and were not very impressed. We ordered 4 between three of us and came away from the meal full and with a nice sampling of everything.(And splitting the bill three ways made it easier too)
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I love Nine Dragons.

The quality is above par, as is the service. We've always had very friendly and efficient servers who know the menu very well.

The dim sum is excellent (can't get it at any of our local Chinese restaurants...at least anything near the same quality). The main courses are a step up from a corner Chinese joint. Presentation is lovely, portions are large, and the quality is top notch.

I would hope that a place like Nine Dragons would cost more than my local Chinese joint. They have a huge (and gorgeous) restaurant to maintain, plus a large serving staff and, oh yeah....IT'S IN DISNEY WORLD. Everything costs more here!

I can't wait to go there next month!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

The food at Nine Dragons is just fine though I don't know if it's that much better than your local establishment. But to make the price comparion to the place up the street is just not fair. As stated, one is up the street and the other is at Disney World. Everything at Disney is more expensive than the place up the street.
    Doug
    38 Trips to Disney World.

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

We liked Nine Dragons. We thought the food was very good and really like the atmostphere. Our service was excellent (very nice & efficient). We had the Lunch Sampler for 4 and then tried the red bean ice cream which we all thought was very taste. If you like chinese food I think you ought to give it a try.
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: