Quantcast Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited to see James and Yau Man again but I think the new "big guy" will give them a run for their money. It was almost like it was fixed the way the new guys beat the favorites tonight. Way too easy! DH and I couldn't figure out if Jonny was playing everyone and thinking that if he used the "poor me" physcology that everyone would keep him but thank goodness that didn't work! But after hearing his comments afterwards, I wonder if he just did the show to get the public opinion of him to change and planned it this way all along. I told DH I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to be his girlfriend in the first place and wonder if that was another "Grandma" story. Even Jeff didn't act like he believed him. It really seems to tick Jeff off when someone quits, especially after they have spent all that money bringing them on the show. I see some potential on the Fan side but I can see some going home real quick. This may end up being an interesting season. I just hope it is better than the last one was.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I didn't think Jon Dalton would last long, but I didn't think he would be out of there quite so fast. I was right there with his teammates suspecting he was pulling something over.

Can you believe how fast the Favorites are coupling up? Sure, it worked for Rob and Amber, but I can't imagine the rest of them would want to see a repeat of that. But maybe the fact that there are two couples making a foursome gives them a better shot. It just seems like a bad move for now. They were all too quick to scramble into alliances on that side. The newcomers might prove more interesting.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe how quickly the favorites (I wish they'd call them the 'formers' or something like that instead) grouped up. I guess they all kinda know each other. And the couple thing is very interesting. I really don't care for Parvarti or Eliza, and especially Parvarti's 'flirting' strategy. I hope they are gone quickly!

The only one standing out for me on the fans side is Micky D (who calls themselves that?). He seems like a good guy so far. The lady who got the immunity idol seems a little wacky.

Post Thanks / Like

The lady who got the immunity idol seems a little wacky.
    Oh my. I sat here with my mouth open. I could not believe some of the things she was saying. Oy. She might be a fan - but certainly didn't watch enough to know to keep her mouth shut and not alienate people.

especially Parvarti's 'flirting' strategy.
    I find that sickening - especially with that phony smile pasted on her face for the cameras.

I really didn't remember much about Eliza until I saw her last night. She is a good player though when it comes to strategies.

but I think the new "big guy" will give them a run for their money.
    Jeff said in interviews - he is an amazing person and athlete. It certainly puts pressure on the Favorites and James.

Glad Fairplay is gone. You could certainly hear the dislike in Jeff's voice whenever they talked to each other.

And it was nice to hear the applause for Yau.
    Last edited by Carol; 02-08-2008 at 07:50 AM. Reason: typo :p
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

We had a blast at Survivor Party! The funniest part was looking over at Gale anytime Parvati would start the flirting or say something. I think she turned 10 shades of red at one point! It was hilarious! (That is her real smile) She said Johnny Fairplay is actually as obnoxious as he seems, but does play it up more for the cameras and they needed to get him off, he was too much a wildcard and nauseating. I asked her if the guy would say something was wrong with the pregnancy to get things his way, yep, he really would. The other players were trying to get rid of Ozzy and Parv first b/c they are stronger competitors. Ended up being just me and Lindsey going and she had a great time. I also got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in awhile. We loved seeing Yau and Ozzy back, too! This was a room of engineers, so Yau was definitely a big favorite! Ozzy is a doll! We will probably have a few more get togethers, I really enjoyed watching it with other people and it was fun to get out of the house.

Here are some pics (her Uncle made the buttons we wore)these are me and dd, and Gale and Mike:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...r&linkid=link5

Post Thanks / Like

See, I have a theory about the Jonny Fairplay thing. I thinkt he producers wanted him on the show because they knew people would tune in to see him. But Fairplay is a big enough "celebrity" now that he probably didn't feel the need to stick it out through much of the season.

My guess is that they made a deal that he would be let go after one episode. Of course, I've long believed that portions of the show are fixed anyway.

I haven't watched Survivor in a few years, but tuned in last night out of curiosity. I like the Fans a lot better than the Favorites!

I also find it weird that the Favorites were mostly from recent seasons (the ones I didn't watch). What happened to all the other favorites from earlier seasons?
    ~ valerie ~

* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Contemporary * Polynesian * Wilderness Lodge * Tree House Villas * Golf Resort/Disney Inn * Fort Wilderness * Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter * Caribbean Beach * Swan * All Star Sports Music Movies * Coronado Springs * Pop Century *

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by valjane View Post
    See, I have a theory about the Jonny Fairplay thing. I thinkt he producers wanted him on the show because they knew people would tune in to see him. But Fairplay is a big enough "celebrity" now that he probably didn't feel the need to stick it out through much of the season.

My guess is that they made a deal that he would be let go after one episode. Of course, I've long believed that portions of the show are fixed anyway.
    A co-worker and I were just discussing that same theory. It felt a little staged, didn't it? We are thinking that Fairplay was paid to make an appearance with the intention of him being out early. Feels like they were just trying to some controversy to spark more interest in this season. I actually don't care at this point, I am just glad he is gone. I hope Parvati is next. I do not enjoy watching her antics either.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

For some reason, I really liked last night's episode. I don't know what it was, but there were a few moments where I was just laughing out loud over stuff. I found it very entertaining.

Glad Fairplay is gone, whatever the reason ... he's so smarmy and oily that I feel dirty just watching him. Buh-bye!

My opinion of Parvarti hasn't changed, either. She was just as annoying as last time.

Love the Yao, man! I'm pulling for him all the way ... who else besides me was thrilled when he slammed Fairplay's head into the boat??
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was..actually kinda sad to see Johnny go home..Is that wrong?
    Parvarti got on my nerves very quickly..Why oh why did She pick James to flirt with? I like James alot and I don't want him to turn into a Boston Rob type to protect Her from getting voted out..
    I was really happy to see Yau-Man and Ozzy again!
    No one on the Fans really sticks out to me quite yet.
    All of our dream can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

Remember, we must always believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the world.

Current CM at MK! If you're in Adventureland and craving Dole, Ice Cream, or an eggroll, look for Sarah from Front Royal, VA and say Hi!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    We had a blast at Survivor Party! The funniest part was looking over at Gale anytime Parvati would start the flirting or say something. Here are some pics (her Uncle made the buttons we wore)these are me and dd, and Gale and Mike:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...r&linkid=link5
    Shari, that is so great that you got to enjoy the show at a party. Parvati really looks like her mom, hm? You and your dd were looking good, too. Thanks for sharing!

I was wondering if you were watching with Gale when Parvati was ogling James. Woo-hoo.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess I'll be the odd one out. I like Yau-Man and Ozzy, but I also like Jonathan. I don't know why really, but I liked him last time he was on, and he's one of the main reasons I'm watching this go around. Hope he sticks around for awhile.

The chick on the fans tribe with the verbal diarrhea (Kathleen?) has got to go. I can see her getting annoying really quickly. Hard to say so far who else I will like on that tribe, but Mikey B (nice name) and Jason look somewhat promising.

And seeing the preview for next week, looks like Ozzy is getting down pretty hardcore with someone - that Amanda chick I guess? I really don't want to have to watch that kind of stuff all season.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Jonathan too, Emily. He's never bothered me.

I'm not sure what it is with Amanda, but to me she seems much older than she is, and I think it's a little awkward her being with Ozzy.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I found last nights opening episode a little on the boring side myself. I thought the Fans worked better together as a team - maybe they don't have all those egos yet.

I too think that Johnny Fairplay's exit was planned - at least on his part. Made me kind of wonder what they paid him to be part of the Favorites for the show.

The run-at-the-mouth on the fan side is sure to go very soon - at least we can hope. I find her rather creepy myself.

I really like Ozzy - but I'm not sure about his new cut - I liked the the longer locks look on him. I really didn't even recognize him at first.

Post Thanks / Like

Emily, I'll let you know when our next Survivor get together night is, I want to go again, it's a fun group (a few single guys, too!). The one big thing Ozzy needs to do is strategize better, he relies too much on his physical attributes. I know a lot of girls in the South do the whole flirty thing, I think I'm just so used to seeing it so much. I agree though about that getting on the nerves, even her mom was not too keen after she told her it was toned down this time. Did anyone think that the teams were unfair for the challenge? They had a lot more strength on the side of the fans, but I guess they didn't know how to get things together in the beginning like the favs. Oh, Johnny's daughter was born last Wednesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Just last Wednesday for Jonny's daughter's birth, Shari? I assumed it had been longer than that since filming. But good to know that he wasn't making it up. Maybe parenthood will change him.

I totally agree with you, Tink&Goofy (and Valerie and Donna). I also wondered if Jon's exit strategy was planned in advance and if he got any kind of extra bonus for the deal, as if perhaps they wanted the publicity of having him on board for the shock value, but didn't actually want to deal with him for long. He opens his mouth and it is hard to believe one word is genuine now. It did make for a boring first tribal council. I hope the show picks up and we see more than just the Favorites hooking up and the Fans outplaying them.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, it was a couple weeks ago Wednesday! Here is the excerpt, but I didn't post the last couple of paragraphs b/c his Top Model girlfriend kept talking about how fat she was, pleeezze! She is a gorgeous baby though!

Survivor: Pearl Island's Jon 'Jonny Fairplay' Dalton, 33, and America's Next Top Model: Cycle 4's Michelle Deighton, 22, introduce their daughter Piper Addison, now 3 weeks, in the latest issue of Life & Style. Piper weighed in at 6 lbs, 7 oz when she was born by emergency c-section on Wednesday, January 16th.

Post Thanks / Like

I never could imagine why anyone would want to be Jonny's girlfriend because he is so obnoxious but sure can't understand it being a Top Model. Each to his own taste, I guess. I wonder how long it is from the time the show is finished until airing because the baby was born about a month ago and Jonny said she was 7 months along the other night.

I too wonder if all of this was staged for the ratings with Jonny.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Love the Yao, man! I'm pulling for him all the way ... who else besides me was thrilled when he slammed Fairplay's head into the boat??
    Does that answer your question?

Oh, Johnny's daughter was born last Wednesday.
    Survivor: Pearl Island's Jon 'Jonny Fairplay' Dalton, 33, and America's Next Top Model: Cycle 4's Michelle Deighton, 22, introduce their daughter Piper Addison, now 3 weeks, in the latest issue of Life & Style. Piper weighed in at 6 lbs, 7 oz when she was born by emergency c-section on Wednesday, January 16th.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    I never could imagine why anyone would want to be Jonny's girlfriend because he is so obnoxious but sure can't understand it being a Top Model. Each to his own taste, I guess.
    Well hopefully the baby looks NOTHING like it's father.. and that it inherits NONE of it's father's personality traits...

Anyway... I'm rooting for the fans (except for the obnoxious lady). I agree that the 'Favorites' should really be called "Formers"... the only ones I like and would root for would be James, Ozzy, Yau,and Cirie. Will be an interesting season... especially with the "Two people exile island' thing they talked about on the next episode preview...
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

I actually watched and enjoyed this new Survivor ... Dare I actually watch two seasons in a row? I had quit watching this show. I'm not sure if I will stick out the whole season with Big Brother starting and American Idol on, but it is fun to see the super fans against the favorites from the past ... even though I missed many of the seasons some of these favorites were on.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow...

No comments on last night yet?

I thought Chet really stunk last night, the favorites are going to really start failing if they vote of strong people over and over again. Although I did like the way it was done
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: