Quantcast Adventures Club - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adventures Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samtastic View Post
    It is a little risky, but the nature of the club is pretty well known, and if parents still decide to bring their children, it's their choice. why should it ruin our evenings? There should be some place in disney that is adult fun too!
    There are other clubs for adults only. It is nice to have a night spot where kids or particularly tweens can also go and enjoy time away from the parks with their families.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I know there are, but most of them are dance halls, which to me have no interest. I really love the AC and I don't mind children being there. That being said I do mind if parents get outraged if the conversation turns a little raunchy--it is a bar after all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samtastic View Post
    I know there are, but most of them are dance halls, which to me have no interest. I really love the AC and I don't mind children being there. That being said I do mind if parents get outraged if the conversation turns a little raunchy--it is a bar after all.
    Maybe Disney should look into accommodating both groups of people, as I am sure that there would be enough space. I have not yet personally been to the AC, but definitely plan on visiting it this upcoming trip. Never knew about it until recently and since DS is on his schools competitive Improv team, I am sure he will enjoy it.
    It is too bad that they couldn't just set aside certain rooms for the same type of family entertainment therefore eliminating the parents who get outraged when the conversation turns. If they then choose to take their kids into this type of room, they have no one else to blame except themselves.
    As I previously posted, Disney is in need of a night spot where kids or particularly tweens can also go and enjoy time away from the parks with their families in an entertaining environment.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

KUNGALOOSH!!!

(You'll understand after you've been there.)
    11/2011 can't come quick enough! :)

Post Thanks / Like

re: parents who get 'outraged' at the language in AC....get a life...We spend a lot of time at AC and I have never heard the cast members say anything that was above PG-13. As one of the other posters (and the cast members often say) said...its a bar!!

re: a place for teens...when PI first opened, Disney had one of the nightclubs (currently I think its where 8trax is) reserved for the tween crowd. Our kids were too young at the time, but we thought it was a great idea. Unfortunately, dispite Disney's best efforts, several fights broke out and eventually Disney dropped the idea. Another case of Disney trying to do the right thing and the public either staying away in droves or messing it up.
    First visit 1971
    Annual pass member
    Visit 2005
    May 2005 become DVC Member!!!
    Last visit 2006
    Last minute 2007 trip (for my 50th Bday)
    January 1, 2010 for 8 days
    January 2, 2012 for 7 days!!
    November, 2013, quick trip
    October 2014 1st time with future son-in-law

Post Thanks / Like

During our all girls trip in Sept, my friends and I went to the AC. It was hilarious! One of my friends was laughing so hard she gasped out "I can't breathe!" and then started cracking up again!

We were really bummed that we didn't make in there until it was time for the last show. This is a high priority on my next trip though.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Bristol, TN but currently in Walland, TN in our motorhome
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to AC for the first time about a week ago. My daughter and son-in-law (Sagessa and Natazu) had highly recommended it, but we never seemed to find the time to get down there. Now it's on our must-do list.

My husband used to be the rowdy sort, but he's been hit pretty hard by some illnesses that have left him weak and unable to get around well, which has left him quite depressed. It was so heartening to see him sitting there laughing, clapping along, and yelling out with the actors and the crowd (without alcohol, I might add!). It really lifted his spirits, and I thought it was fun, too. So we definitely have to go back soon.

And the advice to get there early is good advice since it will give you more time for interaction with the actors.

Hmmmm...wonder how crowed it would be tonight? Might just have to go down there and check it out!

Suzanne Q
    Bristol, TN (but hanging out at Fort Wilderness until December 4th)
    Off site 1973 (ressies @ Ft W but locked our keys in trunk & couldn't get to our tent)
    Off site 1975, 1983, & 1987
    All Star-Dec 2004
    Ft Wilderness Cabins-May 2005
    All Star & Contemporary-Dec 2006-Jan 2007
    Ft Wilderness CG, Oct-Dec 2007
    Pop Century-Dec 2008
    Next up: Pop Century, Oct 15 - 30, 2009

Post Thanks / Like

AC is great fun! Yes, we took our son who was 12 at the time. We were only there for an hour or two, but didn't observe anything one would deem inapproriate. It was fun and I'd go again!

I was picked to be onstage during the radio broadcast and got a really cool AC pin!
    Many, many visits since 1973....

Post Thanks / Like

We never miss AC! We saw one library show on this recent trip and spent more time in the main salon. Talking with the characters is so much fun! My DH and I have both been pulled on stage in the library during the radio broadcast at different times. I covet my member pin.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

We love the AC and make sure we plan at least one visit on each trip to WDW! Not only are the characters interactive - but so are many of the wall decorations. And in the true magic of Disney - there are real live people somehwere unseen who are behind all the interactions. It creates a hilarious and improvisational atmosphere!

As for the raunchiness, it tends to increase as the night gets later and later...a time well after (IMHO) bedtime for kids of all ages. There are plenty of other places for family entertainment - leave the clubs to the adults! There are single adults and couples without children who love WDW too.
    '90 - High School Trip
    '05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:
    '09 - Wilderness Lodge Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Default This place is amazing!

I absolutely love TAC! I have been to this place more than any park, ride or show in any Disney location. I have been called up on stage as well as ended up singing a duet with the lovely maid. They are incredible improv actors and are always a pleasure to watch.

The best part is that while each of the 3 or so shows and side shows have a rough outline and similar structure, they are different every time. Seriously every time!

I went 4 nights in a row out of curiosity and as I said they shows and occasional jokes where similar, and the actors were the same, but that was all! Amazing and lots of fun!

I do agree that it is not really a place for children though, if for no other reason that they will not find it particularly funny and would get bored very easily. This is a good place for singles, couples and parents (who can leave the kids at home, hotel or with the grandparents) to go out and have some clean but slightly bawdy adult entertainment!

Have fun and remember to sing the song or they will really make fun of you!
    D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

Well we finally got to go to the Adventurers Club, but unfortunately for us, so did a group of cheerleaders. We don't think that we were able to get the complete feel of the club due to the annoying cheerleaders. Between them running ON and OVER the chairs, hitting people in the head with their purses and talking through out pretty much the whole show, we were pretty well distracted. They were actually spoken to at the beginning of the show by the staff, but continued in their annoying ways. I would have loved to have gone to another show, but this experience pretty much turned both my DH and DS off this place.
    We did however visit the Comedy Warehouse many times and enjoyed that place tremendously. We also noticed that the some of actors appear to work in both clubs. The actors are great.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

That stinks! Silly cheerleaders. Isn't there a 18+ age requirement? I wonder if their chaperones brought them, and then "forgot" to actually chaperone.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: