Quantcast "Disney" channel? I don't think so... - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    My guess is that he's referring to the "classic" Disney you mentioned earlier, Mel. In the meantime, this old boy is laughing at the description of Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales, and the like being "old" Disney. I can remember watching the original black and white Mickey Mouse Club shows when they first came out.
    I can definitely see the humor in that.
    To me if it's out of production it's old, as in "in the past". Rescue Rangers for example was produced from 89-92, ending 15 years ago.It may not be as old as some "Disney" shows but it certainly is old "Disney Channel." Original MMC in my opinion would be a "classic"-and actually it was the first program shown on The Disney Channel when it debuted in 1983.

By the way, I just read Disney Channel is going HD next year. I really hope they play a few more movies when that occurs.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's always interesting to me when people say that Disney makes a ton of money off of tweens. Disney is making a ton of money off the parents of teens, not tweens. Aren't parents basically supporting this programing then? So, really, no one should have any complaints.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I guess what I was getting at in my original post, is why is all this "tween" stuff on the Disney channelt *after* about 11pm?? Aren't the kids s'posed to be in bed by then?? Why is Suite Life on TV at like 3 in the morning? Lilo and Stitch at *4am* on a Saturday morning?? I get up in the mornings with Donna and get her lunch and stuff together and flip through the channels. Disney needs to put the old stuff on TV between 11pm and 6am for us "ol' geezers"...LOLOLOL

I'm thinking like retro Disney stuff ... old MMC reruns, maybe some of the stuff they've released in the DVD sets, like the old Disneyland T.V. show ... some of the old theme park specials ...
    Why wouldn't today's generation like Old Yeller, Davy Crockett, Five Mile Creek, Mickey Mouse Club, Zorro, Spin & Marty, Walt Disney World Inside Out, Dumbo's Circus, Pooh Corner, Disney's nature specials, etc?
    And this is the stuff that as recently as a year or so ago, that the Disney channel was running on their late-night programming (after about 10-11pm). I taped every episode of Walt Disney Presents and Wonderful World of Color that had Walt and the park (Disneyland) in it - especially things like the opening of Pirates, the DL 10th Anniversary, Disneyland Goes to the World's Fair, things like that. When I saw the first episode of Walt Disney Presents *without Walt* (December 17, 1966 - small world Holiday and 10th Anniversary show), it brought tears to my eyes. I taped 20K, Old Yeller, Treasure Island, Herbie, the Love Bug, Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo, the original The Parent Trap, and so many other great movies and shows on late-night Vault Disney.

Our cable company here doesn't carry ToonDisney - and I *loved* House of Mouse when we had it at our old place. ToonDisney even had Duck Tales and Rescue Rangers on in the afternoons, and my kids *loved* those shows.

For us late-nighters, Disney should put the Vault Disney stuff back on TV....that's all I got to say
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Even though I would like to see some classic Disney programming from my youth, it would at least be something if they made some new shows for the over-12 year old audience that aren't thinly veiled vehicles for selling CDs and merchandise.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see something like a Disney Classic channel or a Disney Park channel or something like that. I'm not nearly old enough to remember any of the old shows, and I'd love to see some of the old shows when Walt would be talking about the his parks and that kind of stuff.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I miss the old Disney Channel as well. I loved "Kids Incorporated" and the DTV segments, as well as the 70s and 80s specials they would air.

While it would be nice to see more programming for older people, Disney has always been more oriented towards younger people, and many of us aren't young anymore. "Hannah Montana" and "The Suite Life Of Zach And Cody" are to this generation what shows like "Kids Incorporated" and "Avonlea" were to people in my age bracket and what the original "Mickey Mouse Club" was to older posters...Entertaining and enjoyable.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Post Thanks / Like

My sons enjoy watching all these shows, and we end up watching with them a lot. I like them, so it doesn't bother me at all. We've really enjoyed their made for tv movies, although I thought High School Musical 2 was just okay.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenemmy View Post
    My kids are 2, 9 and 11 -- so Disney channel pretty much fits the bill for them at any given point in the day. As much as I love "classic" Disney -- these new shows are pretty cute and frankly -- I am glad there is something decent on for my kids to watch that I don't need to worry about content.

Your family is a clone of mine except to go with the 2, 9 & 11 I have a 9 month old and I agree 100%. I as an adult find very little to watch on my own on the Disney Channel but my kids love it and would have it on 24/7 if I let them. With the limited amount of family suited shows on the big networks I'm glad the kids have a viable option, even if it's a lot of repeats. I don't think kids mind repeats as much as adults, I remember growing up in the 80's watching the Brady Bunch, Leave it to Beaver & Gilligan's Island reruns over and over. When I think back the repeats never bothered me, I think I saw at least every episode of those shows at least 3 times.

The Disney Channel has never been so popular as it is now with Hanna Montana, Zach & Cody, Rave, HSM 1&2, Raven, Cheetah Girls. Their shows are consistantly amongst the top rated shows on cable television on a weekly basis. They are doing something right.

During the mornings they really lock up the toddler market which creates a ton of marketing options with Playhouse Disney. One thing I miss, which I haven't seen in years, is the old morning vintage Mickey Mouse Cartoons. I used to watch those myself as a kids in the morning before school and I'm sure if they were on now my kids would as well.

A Disney Classic Channel would be a great idea to go along with the current channel and offer the classics plus programs geared towards adults. Cartoon Netrwork has Boomerang which isn't part of our basic cable package anymore but my kids enjoyed that while we had it more than the regular CN. Having a Classic Disney channel would allow the current channel to the new tween programming while giving a choice to the rest of us.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: