Quantcast Patriots and Running Up the Score - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

As a Bronco fan ( I can still name every player from the 1978 Superbowl team ), I feel the need to chime in on the Bronco - Charger game:

The Broncos deserved it. They needed a good kick in the rear. I did not hear one person complain about the Chargers running up the score, and I work with even bigger Broncomaniacs than I am. While we haven't given up on the team this year, we have been very disappointed by the play on the field and the behaviors off the field.

And may I add, why did I pass up Brady in our Fantasy Football league?
    Recovering VMK Addict Avalanchefan

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    The Colts haven't had to say anything. They don't have people looking to take them down or making threads about how it's so unfair that they score points in a game. Even as defending champs, they don't have the same kind of Superbowl record in recent years to bring out the haters.

You didn't jump out to accuse the Colts of the same thing in week one, when they kept on scoring against a defeated New Orleans 41-10. And not a word when San Diego handed Denver their most lopsided home loss since '66, 41-3. But the Patriots keep on scoring and it's a big terrible thing to do? I agree that it did seem a bit much and the Redskins were clearly outplayed, but wouldn't it have been insulting for the Patriots to give anything less than their best on the field?
    thank you for pointing out that game with the colts just racketing up points agaisnt new orleans. i watched that game yesterday and they didnt run the score up. first of all the brought brady out of the game as usual and like they said on MNF countdown you dont just stop and give washington the ball. yes the patriots could have gone for the shut out by keeping brady in the game but no they brought him out and put cassel in which allowed the washington TD.

and they arent running the ball very much lately for a big reason. maroney is coming off groin injury, morris just suffered a chest injury so tats basically or running game. also what aout the defense? 3 forced fumbles (1 returned for a TD) and 1 INT aslo complimented by 3 sacks so stop targeing only the offense when the defense are stoping them every down amost. as a side note 17 pts. off those fumbles

im really under the impression many people on intercot just hate the patriots and will be as nasty as they can be to their fans and i dont appreciate that at all. you all need to understand that just because there is a football team that knows how to get the job done on both sides of the ball and dominate teams because they have some of the best players in the NFL dont get mad at us fans if you got a complaint take it to the NFL not here so stop trying to bring up the same old stuff again and again.
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Next Trip: Sometime Soon I Hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by battlefield2freak View Post
    thank you for pointing out that game with the colts just racketing up points agaisnt new orleans. i watched that game yesterday and they didnt run the score up. first of all the brought brady out of the game as usual and like they said on MNF countdown you dont just stop and give washington the ball. yes the patriots could have gone for the shut out by keeping brady in the game but no they brought him out and put cassel in which allowed the washington TD.

im really under the impression many people on intercot just hate the patriots and will be as nasty as they can be to their fans and i dont appreciate that at all. you all need to understand that just because there is a football team that knows how to get the job done on both sides of the ball and dominate teams because they have some of the best players in the NFL dont get mad at us fans if you got a complaint take it to the NFL not here
    Well said Austin!!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170 View Post
    Well said Austin!!
    thank you very much. because nohing gets under my skin more then haters. i can go on for days and thats only what i was able to say in a few minutes of furious typing. for one there is no proof of running up the score at all so thats what really sets me off when people can go out and make allegations of running the score up with no proof then adding fuel to my fire making direct hateful atacks on me and the other patriots fans jsut for defending our favoite team which just so happens to be beating everyone else in the NFL and are on a course to win superbowl and the only team that can heavily contest a patriot win would be the colts. when i first heard the schedule this year i thought it would be chargers, cowboys, colts, ravens but things have been turned around drastically. just so you get the point, ME nor any other patriot fan on the intercot site appreciates how you all can make all these comments on us but when we defend outrself a mod tells us to calm down ad not a thing was done about the personal attack toward us.
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

battlefield2freak- I'm sorry, but you are overreacting. First of all, I just went back and re-read this entire thread. I think that almost everyone has gone out of their way to say that they are not attacking Pats fans. This is a sports board and we are debating the practices of the team and the organization, not the fans. In fact almost every single one of us has said we LIKED the Pats, but question their tactics this year. Is the spotlight on them more? Of COURSE it is! How can it not be with the cheating scandal, and Belichick's smug attitude the whole season. But Ian DID give examples of why he thought they ran up the score. Please quote all of these "hateful" attacks that you speak of because I only saw maybe one or two posts in the entire thread that might be considered hateful, and one poster even came back on later and clarified their statements. So I take offense to you labeling us all as nasty haters just because we have something negative to say about your favorite team, because I see no evidence of that.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

ME nor any other patriot fan on the intercot site appreciates how you all can make all these comments on us but when we defend outrself a mod tells us to calm down ad not a thing was done about the personal attack toward us.
    Nobody has attacked Patriot fans in this thread they attacked the organization and it's questionable practices this season. I did not see a personal attack on you or any other Pats fan. If you feel you have been please point it out to me and I will look at the post.
    Do I hate the Patriots? not really and I really have nothing against their fans. I have to say that being a Giant Fan I was always routing for Belicek since he did help us win a Superbowl. But I have lostll my respect for him and the organization as a whole after the action this season.

Look at this way Pats fan are now in the same league as Yankee, Cowboys and basically any other team that has been successful and done something controversial.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Battlefield, I had a post removed in the Red Sox thead, and it was rightfully removed.... I read this thread and saw no attacks on the Patriots fans... But, after getting caught, how can someone not question Belichik??? He has never displayed any class... Even when he resigned as "HC" of the Jets.... The mods do a great job on this board.... If they saw something that attacked you, or the fans, they would have removed it...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Moderator Note:

Let's get this discussion back on topic please. Just remember people have differing opinions on the subject at hand and as far as I can see it has been discussed very respectfully. Let's not head down a road where this topic has to be closed.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, while I don't agree with it entirely, ESPN is now coming to the defense of Belichick. Here's one of the "articles" posted by Matt Mosley on ESPN's website. I believe it was written in jest!
    League To Discuss Pats Mercy Rule
    October 29, 2007 2:31 PM

In order to protect teams from Bill Belichick, the league is considering a rule that would prevent the Patriots from throwing passes longer than five yards once they gain a four-touchdown lead.

If the opposing team makes it a three-score game, the Patriots would be allowed to file an appeal for "more creative routes," but receivers Randy Moss and Wes Welker are no longer allowed to be on the field together in the second half.

League officials hope the new rule, dubbed "The Other Brady Bill," will provide more acceptable final scores, and improve the self-esteem of players across the league.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I understand it was written in jest but making a joke of it also doesn't help the situation. I believe it actually makes it worse.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I understand it was written in jest but making a joke of it also doesn't help the situation. I believe it actually makes it worse.
    Sorry Jeff, I was just trying to lighten the mood here!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry misunderstood I thought ESPN worte it in Jest I know they sometimes do things like especially in the editorials. This is what happens when you are posting half asleep at work during a boring day
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Folks, there's a big difference between criticizing a team's behavior (which is what's being done here) and personal attacks or attacks on their fans (which has not occurred here).

My suggestion is if you don't want to read negative things about your team, don't read a thread called "Patriots and Running Up the Score." or any other thread with a similar title.

I will say that if anyone can point out a personal attack, on either side, in this thread, I or one of the other forum mods will gladly address it.

Lastly ... this is the Sports forum. As has been mentioned many times previously, the rules are a little different in here than they are on the rest of our boards.

Again ... if you don't want to play by the modified rules, don't visit this board.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is "GO VIKINGS

Oh wait my teams is only 2 and 5. I guess I don't have to worry about them running up the score.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    battlefield2freak- I'm sorry, but you are overreacting. First of all, I just went back and re-read this entire thread. I think that almost everyone has gone out of their way to say that they are not attacking Pats fans. This is a sports board and we are debating the practices of the team and the organization, not the fans. In fact almost every single one of us has said we LIKED the Pats, but question their tactics this year. Is the spotlight on them more? Of COURSE it is! How can it not be with the cheating scandal, and Belichick's smug attitude the whole season. But Ian DID give examples of why he thought they ran up the score. Please quote all of these "hateful" attacks that you speak of because I only saw maybe one or two posts in the entire thread that might be considered hateful, and one poster even came back on later and clarified their statements. So I take offense to you labeling us all as nasty haters just because we have something negative to say about your favorite team, because I see no evidence of that.

no im including the thread over the cheating scandal from week 1 against the jets, and there is more examples than that aswell. and why do we need to show the mods these hateful attacks its your job to find them isnt it? and i read this because this involves my favorite team. you would read the same thing if the title was htis for example "(insert fav. team here) and Running Up the Score" now wouldnt you
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

let me solve the mystery. I am sure austin is referencing my observations of NE sports fans in general in the previous post. pretty sure i was also spoken to by one of the mods in a PM about the comment. also believe that i stated it was not directed at anyone here

let me also say i appologise for anything i said in the past it was not meant to offend was meerly an observation
    -Chris R.

"We now face the danger, which in the past has been the most destructive to the humans: Success, plenty, comfort and ever-increasing leisure. No dynamic people has ever survived these dangers." --John Steinbeck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Epc0tphr34k View Post
    let me solve the mystery. I am sure austin is referencing my observations of NE sports fans in general in the previous post. pretty sure i was also spoken to by one of the mods in a PM about the comment. also believe that i stated it was not directed at anyone here

let me also say i appologise for anything i said in the past it was not meant to offend was meerly an observation
    well yes i was reffering to that and something else. i just realized why is everyone complaining about this when the nfl hasnt even said a thing.

one observation u can make from that game was the redskins kept giving the patriots the ball and they was playing with a new QB so this really wasnt a big surprise to see them rout the redskins. when you get the ball your intentions are to score points even if you are out in the lead.
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

one observation u can make from that game was the redskins kept giving the patriots the ball and they was playing with a new QB so this really wasnt a big surprise to see them rout the redskins. when you get the ball your intentions are to score points even if you are out in the lead.
    given. i don't think anyone expected the skins to beat the patriots. its more of a respect thing however you don't dial up a homerun ball kinda pass when you are up that far. You let the other team attempt to keep some dignity. we're not saying they should't beat them. its more of saying you don't kick a man when he is down. and as i said in the last post had the eagles or the buccs smuggly tried to run up the score i would be ashamed to say i was a fan. You pointed out earlier how well the Defense was doing well if you are that confident in your defense you can run the ball with your 3rd string guy just to kill clock that is more of what is being said than they should have put on the breaks. and there are several sports reporters showing disdain for the act as well.

you would prolly be surprised to know i cheered for the pats in 2 of their 3 superbowls and also the only team i hate and will cheer for under no circumstances is the skins. it made me sick when laverneus coles was there because he is one of my favorite players
    -Chris R.

"We now face the danger, which in the past has been the most destructive to the humans: Success, plenty, comfort and ever-increasing leisure. No dynamic people has ever survived these dangers." --John Steinbeck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Epc0tphr34k View Post
    given. i don't think anyone expected the skins to beat the patriots. its more of a respect thing however you don't dial up a homerun ball kinda pass when you are up that far. You let the other team attempt to keep some dignity. we're not saying they should't beat them. its more of saying you don't kick a man when he is down. and as i said in the last post had the eagles or the buccs smuggly tried to run up the score i would be ashamed to say i was a fan. You pointed out earlier how well the Defense was doing well if you are that confident in your defense you can run the ball with your 3rd string guy just to kill clock that is more of what is being said than they should have put on the breaks. and there are several sports reporters showing disdain for the act as well.

you would prolly be surprised to know i cheered for the pats in 2 of their 3 superbowls and also the only team i hate and will cheer for under no circumstances is the skins. it made me sick when laverneus coles was there because he is one of my favorite players
    well i dont think anyone picked them either. but the one person that lit the fuse for me is that redskin who was mad at belichick beacuse he was just doing his job and they are geting paid to stop the patriots and vice versa and there was plenty of times washington could have stoped the patriots around the end when they brought brady out
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

and i read this because this involves my favorite team. you would read the same thing if the title was htis for example "(insert fav. team here) and Running Up the Score" now wouldnt you
    No one is begrudging you the right to read the thread.

What I am begrudging you is the right to read the thread and then get so angry that some people hold these opinions about your team that you flip out. If you can't handle justifiable criticism of your team then you need to avoid these threads.

And just to be clear ... I reviewed this entire thread and saw not one post that I considered a personal attack. That's why I asked you to point them out to me.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: