Quantcast It's that time of year for spooky stories

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's that time of year for spooky stories

Since Halloween is closing in on us fast. I thought it would be interesting to hear some of your spooky stories after I told my most recebnt one on VMK the other night.

So let's start the ball or should I say rolling

Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Related Spooky Stories

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Since Halloween is closing in on us fast. I thought it would be interesting to hear some of your spooky stories after I told my most recebnt one on VMK the other night.

So let's start the ball or should I say rolling

I think Disneyworld related hauntings would be really good..., there has to be stories about Walt Disney himself being seen in the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

JP, we'll expect to hear your story here, not all of us got to hear it.

I have a doozy, but I'll need more time than I have right now to type it all. Actually I have several.. I get freaked a lot but they all have a common thread.

OOOooooOOoooooOOoo
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I'll give you the short version here

As you all know I started a new job in September, well a few times in my classroom it looks a child is sitting at one of the computers when nobody is there. I just passed it off as a trick of the lighting and the way I am looking through the many computers than form like a maze of shadows. The other day I was trying to get some work done with nobody int he room and I thought I saw it again. I went back to work and continue on working and thought I saw something move. Now I have the monitors set to go into power save mode in order to save energy when they are not in use. So after I thought I saw something move I notice the monitor on 1 of the computers had come back on in the area where I thought I saw someone earlier and the movement. Needless to say I was a little freaked out since I was the only one in the room and all the other monitors were still in stand by mode.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Oh.. that is creepy JP!

Ok here goes mine.. this is only one story in a series.

Background:

When I was 10, I went to live with my Mom in Quebec, Canada for the summer. She had married a dairy farmer who lived in a very, very old 2 story farm house that had previously been the site of a Church.. there was still a cemetery in the field behind it. I used to visit the graves when I went to bring the cows in for milking. On the front yard of the house there had been a permanent cross erected to mark the place where the Church had been. Up in the attic there were several sets of initials carved into the wood walls of the children who had lived in the house over a hundred years before I ever showed up. I carved mine too. For some reason I was drawn to the attic and played up there for hours with all the cool old hats, lace up high heels and dresses made from flour sacks and old decaying lace. It was a little girls dress up dream come true. (I still have three of those hats hanging on a hall rack by my front door.)

And so it begins..

One night I woke up to bats flying around in my room!! Of course I had hair well below my butt and I had heard bats will get caught in it (I had already found out that hornets get caught in it!) So, here I was holding my hair down and screaming my lungs out.. I never once thought to pull the covers over my head. My Mother ran in.. screamed... and ran right back out. My step father saved the night by systematically killing the bats one at a time. I felt really bad for the bats and had a mourning period of about 4 minutes.. Needless to say I shut my window every night after that.

Now, later that night I heard something in the hall. So, I proceeded to sneak over to the door so I could see around the corner to the end of the stair case. Just as I stuck my head around the door way, the hall light snapped on and scared the heck out of me.. I almost fell over when my knees became weak (no comment JP!). Even scarier - after the initial shock of being blinded by the light, I realized I was the only one awake and moving around! Who turned on the light!?! There was nobody in proximity to the light switch at the end of the hall! It was this startling realization that prompted my next blood curdling scream and my Mom's bedroom door, once again, flew open and she ran to my side in her bleary eyed stupor. Within minutes of hearing my newest crises, I got "The Look". She surmised I was only scared after the bat incident, had turned the light on myself and fabricated this elaborate story so she would come sleep with me..

..but I didn't turn on the light. Someone or something else did. My Mom didn't sleep with me. I didn't sleep at all.

I'm haunted by lights

Post Thanks / Like

About five years ago, my husband and I found a beautiful old farmhouse that was in our price range. We went to see it a few times, but when I went into certain areas of the house, I just got creeped out! I figured it was because the house was old and needed some lovin'.

The last night we went to check it out, it was late at night. I was upstairs with Princess and as we came down the stairs, I was careful to turn off all the lights. We went outside to talk with my husband and real estate agent and when we turned around to look at the house, the upstairs lights were all on! I said, "That's weird, I know I turned those lights off." The real estate agent says, "That's happened a few times before!" That was all we needed to hear to renege on our offer!
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah! What's with old houses and lights??

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering the same thing!
    Sonja

Post Thanks / Like

Here's one for you:

It's almost 5:30pm and i'm staying right across the street from Disneyland and I haven't been there yet today

Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by terri.m View Post
    Here's one for you:

It's almost 5:30pm and i'm staying right across the street from Disneyland and I haven't been there yet today

Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

That's the worst horror story I ever heard Terri.M!!!!
    VMK Nachocat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by terri.m View Post
    Here's one for you:

Is there something wrong with the lights?
    Sonja

Post Thanks / Like

No more scary stories guys. I'm already having enough trouble sleeping without reading these! :P
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

I've got your back Doll, just don't turn off the lights.
    I am a woman of many moods and they all require chocolate.

Post Thanks / Like

And more of my story..

Fast forward. I'm 14, living in Redondo beach California with my Dad. I've taken a summer job at a house 1 block away babysitting for a single Mom.. only catch was, she was an ER nurse working graveyard shift. So, basically, I slept at her house with the kids (2 & 4 year olds) and then spend a good part of the day with them while she slept. I loved it there and was already there for 6 weeks, when this happened...

She has a dog named Oscar. I use her bed which is right off the living room. One night Oscar crawled under the bed and started to shake violently.. I could have sworn he was either convulsing or scratching under there. The whole bed was shaking from his banging around.. anyhoo I was annoyed and trying to coax him out when suddenly he stopped shaking and the light in the living room came on. I just had to look over my shoulder and yep, nobody there but the lamp on the end table was glowing brightly (insert Psycho music here). I darn near fainted right on the spot. Then I lost it, total melt down.. that night at the farm house came flowing to the fore front of my terrified mind.. I called the next door neighbors (hysterical). I thought they would never arrive when I heard banging and them yelling at me to open the door. The man ran in carrying a baseball bat and promptly checked out the whole house from top to bottom. No forcible entry was found and the place was locked up tight (of course it was, I bolted it up tight every night to keep out the boogie man.) If someone had come in I'd have heard them and seen them... I could see right into the living room and had only put my head down to look at the dog for a moment. Yeah.. so.. The neighbors wife stayed the night with me. The kids slept through all the commotion. I continued the job for the rest of my summer and all was fine for a few more years..

I'm haunted by lights

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Patti, your stories are completely freaking me out! Now, I too, like Doll, will be sleeping with the lights already on, just so they won't turn on by themselves.
    I am a woman of many moods and they all require chocolate.

Post Thanks / Like

Good storys.

Now this really happen to us cople weeks ago and some times still does.
    You all know that my Grandma passed last summer.
    She lived with us for 3 or 4 years before she passed away.
    Well at night in my room i hear grandmas door shut in her room.
    One night it was so loaud it woke my mom up at 3 am. we both got up and nothing there in her room.
    so the next night i hear the door shut again at 3 am.
    So i said ok this is it, who is dong that.
    i ran in her room, and open the door and nothing was in her room.
    so i said hmm, i turn around and right in front of me was a lady in white robe long blound hair.
    and she walked toword the kitchen.
    so i said ah!, i fallow her in there real slow she did not walk just a nice slow flotting.
    she went in the kitchen and she went right though the wall.
    so i follow her out side she was gone.
    That really happen.
    I did not see her face at all just her long blound hair and a white robe.
    so i hear the doors alot.

I think grandma comes to say hi to us.
    Looking Forward to the Future...
    Nah its not easy, No one said it would be,But look behind ya, yeah im still here ;-)

aka/Piratesrider

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Grandma could be a little more quiet at 3 AM!
    Sonja

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Pirate! That must have been creepy.

So.. my youngest son, poor Zac, hadn't heard my story before and he read it here last night before going to bed. I don't think he slept. I asked if he wanted me to go sleep in the garage. Heh.

My other kids already knew about this and have adjusted, not sure how Zac missed all the fun.

Oh.. yeah, I'm not done yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh this is a wonderful thread!!! I love these stories!!! Keep em coming!
    You can't take the sky from me

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: