Quantcast Our 1st time & Only Trip to WDW - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved reading your posts, and felt the excitement you are feeling about your "only" trip to WDW. But, if i may, i would like to offer some thoughts.
    From my limited experience, i have found that the most important thing to bring on a Disney trip is the right frame of mind. From what you have written, it sure looks like you've got it - expecting magical memories, planning romantic moments. But because you feel that this may be the only trip you take to WDW, you are taking the chance that something disappointing will happen. At Disney, plans often go astray. Rides break down, transportation issues arise, crowds cause delays, and many other things happen that can upset a schedule. For most of us, if we don't get to see a certain attraction, well.... there is always next time.
    But what do you do if there is no next time? Well, that is where the right frame of mind comes in. As you obviously know, Disney World really is a special, magical place. So relax, and just take in the magic. Don't let a mishap or change in plans alter your good attitude or ruin an otherwise great day.
    Also, if you have a list of "must do's", i suggest adding the park hopper to your ticket. (if you have not done so already) Some see it as a waste of money. But to me, it is the price you pay for piece of mind. With the Hopper Ticket, a closed attraction is not the end of the world, because you can return on a later day if necessary.
    In any case, just don't lose the magic, and you are certain to have the vacation of your life.

Here's hoping that this will be your first and last trip - without your children! And my final thought. I offer you best Wishes for a Fantasmic trip full of Illuminations!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Waking up Tinker Bell?

Thanks for the good ideas and warm wishes! Does anyone know if we can wake up Tinker Bell, being a grown up I didn't know if they would let you do it. Do you know of any grown ups who have done it? It sounds like a fun thing for us to do after we eat breakfast with Winnie the Pooh...151 days to go (not that I'm counting)
    Last edited by Ribeyespud; 10-31-2007 at 10:27 AM. Reason: poor spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Have a great trip!

Welcome to INTERCOT! I look forward to running into you around the boards!

I hope you have a wonderful trip. You sound like you have thought of just about everything! I hope it all goes as planned for you both and the memories will last you a lifetime. Looking forward to reading your trip report.
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

I believe this is the sweetest thing I've ever read on this or any other message board. If anyone deserves a perfect vacation, it is you and your lovely wife. I can't type anything else because of the tears in my eyes.
    Congratulations on finding your true love and planning your dream vacation!
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

Ribeyespud-
    Allow me to thank you. I am a behind the scenes Cast Member at the Disney Company, working out of the WDW area. My interactions with Guests are almost non-existent, so I seldom get to see the effect the magic that we all work to create has on people. (Although, I do love to walk through the parks on the weekends and people watch)

Posts like yours help remind me why I love working here as much as I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reply to your request

Hey Ribeyespud,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your request; I've sent you a private message.

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

to Intercot!

I only WISH my DH was as thoughful and romantic as you. Sounds like you and your DW are going to have a wonderful time! I agree with the last poster that said don't think of it as your ONLY trip. Just dream of coming back and it may just happen.

My DH and I have always gone with kids and grandkids. Our children took us to the Castle for dinner on our 25th anniversary. Loved it! The last couple of years when we would make a trip with the DGKs, my DH would always say if we went back it would be just the two of us. He isn't as much a Mickey fanatic as I am. But this year when I suggested that we go for our 38th Anniversary, he jumped right on it. (We had never taken a vacation, just the two of us). It was a blast seeing it through adult eyes and we had so much fun! I can't wait to do it again! Of course, we will go anytime the kids want us to go with them again. But I am truly looking forward to going just the two of us again. I think you will have so much fun. Relax and just take it all in and enjoy every minute of it!

By the way, we didn't go to the Pirates and Princess Party while we were there, thinking it was mainly for the kids. We wish we had now and will if we get a chance next time. Go wake Tink (maybe share it with a child there). I wanted to do this but by the time we got there, someone else had already done it. I kind of felt silly wanting to do it as an adult, but nothing is silly in WDW! Meet every character you can and fill up that Photopass! Pre-purchase the CD. You can get so much more on it, cheaper.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeyespud View Post
    I have written a linking story about Tinker Bell using pixie dust to turn my wife and I young again while were checking in on vacation
    This reminded me of the commercial I see every once in a while. It's a girl and her mom and they walk by a window and the reflection all of a sudden shows the mom turned into a kid again. They show the mom who is now kid and her daughter having fun on rides and stuff for part of the day. Then at the end the mom is back to normal and they walk off holding hands. I think they have done one with a father and son to, can't remember.

Here is that one commercial you like with the kids who are to excited to sleep. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b95oyhSd5ls

Here is another you may remember http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxyXk4UsyHM

I don't know what's with these commercials but this one may remind kinda of one thing you are planning to do for your wife. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahGsElNsaQM
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Princess & Pirate Party DATES

January 21, 26, and 29

February 2, 5, 9, 14, 22, and 26

March 1, 6, 11 and 14

Tickets for party dates beyond March 14th are expected to go on sale at a later date.

~~Ticket Prices~~

General Guest

Early Advance Purchase Prices
    Fort Tickets Purchased 10/31/07 through 12/15/07

Guest Ages 10 & Up: $33.95 (plus tax) per person
    Guest Ages 3-9: $29.95 (plus tax) per person

Advance Purchase Prices
    For Tickets Purchased On and After 12/16/07, but before the Day of Event

Guest Ages 10 & Up: TBA
    Guest Ages 3-9: TBA

Day of Event Purchase Prices

Guest Ages 10 & Up: $45.95 (plus tax) per person
    Guest Ages 3-9: $39.95 (plus tax) per person

----------------------------------------------------

Passholder

Early Purchase Prices
    Fort Tickets Purchased 10/31/07 through 12/15/07

Guest Ages 10 & Up: $29.95 (plus tax) per person
    Guest Ages 3-9: $25.95 (plus tax

Post Thanks / Like

Default What A Trip~!!!

Sounds fun! Don't miss Tink flying down from the Castle before Wishes fireworks. The castle gets dark and and tink appears at the top and flys down fromthe left hand side. Make sure you get your parade seats at least 1 hour before. MGM don't miss soarin ride! and Fantasmic you can do a dinner package for that if you want. You can do a princess breakast or lunch at Norway Arkerhaus with all the Princesses sometimes Cindy but not always. Chef mickey's is really fun for BLD;
    Magic Kingdom Mickey's Philharmagic, Comedy Club show, Blue Line, Carosel of progress, Just a few of our favorites. Ride the monorail, ask to sit in the front with the driver.

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you get the glass slipper delivered?

We are going to the Castle for my daughters birthday on 2-14 how do you get the slipper delivered? That sounds neat. Any ideas for my dad's 60th that trip too.

Post Thanks / Like

As many have already said, but it's true, you brought tears to my eyes with your story. You sound like a very passionate person & I think you will absolutely love WDW!

I wanted & waited for my first trip to WDW until my youngest DS was 4. Neither DH nor myself went as kids so our 1st family trip was the 1st for all 4 of us. We fell in love! With WDW & each other all over again. It's just the magic of it all. With planning that first trip, I never dreamed that we'd do it again, or so soon. But we were hooked and now we've made 4 trips. I have to do some serious budgeting, but that week of pure magic is so worth it. DS's now 10 & 11 love it, and I think DH is as obsessed as I am. WDW is more than just a vacation to us! I can't explain it, but I think you already get it.

I hope you have an amazing trip and make many happy & wonderful memories to treasure forever! Pixie dust for you & your wife and the trip of a lifetime!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

mickey:My wife & I have been married for 21 years and have never taken a substantial vacation together. Even our Honeymoon was 3 days in a motel room close to where we live and then off to my Army base. We have (attempted) to raise three kids and three dogs and after moving home to a small town in Iowa after 6 years of service we both have grown older together. We decided to become kids again (heaven help her when I go thru the gate)and go to Disney World mar 30th to Apr 5th of 2008. My wifes Birthday is Apr 1st and since her favorite Character is Cinderella we have reservations to eat in the castle for her Birthday Dinner. I know alot of people go to Disney World often, but we just can't afford it so this is our one and only time of going. It will just be us going as the kids are now 20,16,& 14and the oldest can stay with the younger ones.Everything will be magical to us and every meal will be great, the memories will be golden and thought of often. I have all our reservations for dinning, our resort is booked, and airline tickets purchased. All my life I wanted to go to the Haunted Mansion and it looks like this is going to happen. When I was 14 my grandmother died and she knew how bad I wanted to go to Disneyland after listening to my Aunt Ruth's stories of going (she lived in California)so in her will she left money for my mom to take me.I remember the ride "it's a small world" and the "pirates of the carribean" and good times with my mom. The haunted Mansion was closed, but I did get to wave to Donald, Goofy and Pluto(I was acting like a typical teenage "cool" 14 year old "man" Till I saw them, Then I waved and yelled like a 5 year old school girl. My mom passed away from a hole in her heart when I was 17. I didn't know it at the time but that trip was special for not only memories of my day in Disneyland, but also of bonding with my mom. I still remember the all fruit plate served in a hollowed out pineapple she shared with me...Now for my trip with my wife, the only thing I'm waiting on is for the tickets for the Pirates and Princess party to be announced. I think the party will be taking place while we are there ( the 1st and the 4th) and I'm wondering if we should go one night or two.(In case of rain)can any one tell me who have been to the party if I should get tickets for both nights? Either way, come rain or shine, I will be with the woman I love, in a place I've dreamed about. Oh...and If everything works out I will have a glass slipper being delievered to my wife during her birthday dinner and it will say "Happy Birthday Princess Karen from Your Prince Charming John" I'm 160 days from going at this posting so Here's to "Dreams really coming true"!
    Sounds to me like God dropped a couple of his Angel's, named John and Karen, from Heaven to show us how we should live our lives and how a loving marrige should be. I know me and maybe alot of people take being able to go to WDW or any vacation for that matter, every year for granted and couldn't imagine only being able to go to WDW once in our lives.

I wish you guys the best and hope you guys will be able to go to WDW more than the one time.

Here is a poem I found for you guys:

A Disney Tale by DMG

You say you're Cinderella
    Or you would like to be
    Does this mean that you've found
    Your Prince Charming in me?

You also say you're Jasmine
    So Princess, please be mine
    A whole new world I'll show you
    A world of love divine

Your favorite is Tinkerbell
    So I'll be Peter Pan
    Together we can fly away
    Off to Neverland

And if you're Sleeping Beauty
    Then I will be the one
    To kiss your lips, open your eyes
    And fill your life with sun

And if I was the Beast
    And your name was Bell
    I know that I could count on you
    To free me from the spell

And if I was Prince Eric
    Would you come with me?
    As my Ariel I'd show you
    A love deeper than the sea

Just like a Disney tale
    Filled all with love and laughter
    You and I will be together
    Happily ever after

So tell me your desires
    I'll make your dreams come true
    A life of happiness
    Princess, I'll share with you

Karen, be my Princess
    And your Prince I will be
    Together we can live
    Our own Disney story
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow! What a nice poem!

How cool is this poem! Thank you, I think I'll share that with my wife on her birthday...and the beautiful part is she'll think I wrote it(snicker,snicker, snicker) Well..alright I'll tell her where it came from. I will also share these postings with her then to let her know how kind you all have been in your warm wishes.

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes for a wonderful trip! Your first post brought tears to my eyes. What a great way to celebrate your life together.

TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey There Hi there Ho There!!!

Hey There Hi there Ho There!!! Only 99 days left before we go there!!! (uh...not that I'm counting )... Now if only they would officially announce Pirate and Princess dates for April 1st and 4th that would just be perfect...I think I'll pay for the trip today. (Woo Hoo!)I can't wait to get the tickets in the mail to see what everything looks like!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey There Hi there Ho There!!! Only 99 days left before we go there!!! (uh...not that I'm counting )... Now if only they would officially announce Pirate and Princess dates for April 1st and 4th that would just be perfect...I think I'll pay for the trip today. (Woo Hoo!)I can't wait to get the tickets in the mail to see what everything looks like!

A different Disney site shows these dates for April. April: 1, 4, 6, 11, 16, 23, 29 but nothing on Disney.com for April yet.

Post Thanks / Like

And it's time for you to do the double digit dance!

To help you celebrate:

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Oh how exciting, I think you are taking all of Intercot with you in spirit!! Well me any way I am glad I am not the only one getting misty by the way. I just wanted to share this with you I know that you said that you were in the military, they do a flag ceremony at Main Street that they have a veteran participate I didn't know if this would be something you could both enjoy together. I don't have that much about it but I am sure that you can get info here at info central. Have the best time and enjoy, everything will turn out perfect with all this positive love going into it. Oh and I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be the first but not "the last".
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that you have a fabulous vacation...

Go ahead...spoil her on this trip...and spoil yourself, too!

Happy Holidays!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: