Quantcast Our 1st time & Only Trip to WDW - Page 13

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. This is the best post ever! I am so happy that your trip went well. My first trip with my husband was very magical as well. Some how, Disney has the power to make you feel like they have rolled out the red carpet just for you!

It's been about a year since our last trip but reading your post has given me great ideas. Thanks for sharing!
    "When you look under the rocks & plants and take a glance at the fancy ants - and maybe try a few..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love reading your story! this made me think. you said that you used to be in the army. I remember there used to be a resort right next to the POly called Shades of Green. it is for military and verterns to stay at a reseanable price. I know someone that stayed there and said they saved a hugh amount of money. The grounds are shared with the Poly so it is beautiful. It might be worth checking out and you might be able to stay longer if the savings are significant.
    2010 WL
    2008 WL and POR
    2007 Wl
    2006 WL
    2005 POP
    2004 Marriott DD
    2002 Poly
    2000 WWsports
    1998-off site

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really have anything to say except it's so cool that you pulled your old thread out after all this time to talk about your next trip, and it's with the same infectious enthusiasm as when you first posted! Isn't it funny how Disney effects us? Makes us excited little kids again. Gotta love Disney Magic!!!
    "Thank you for choosing Magic Carpet for all your travel needs. Don't stand till the rug has come to a complete stop. Thank you, good bye now, good bye, thank you, good bye..."

1984, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008,
    2010 x 3, 2011 x 3, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sometimes the best Threads....

Sometimes the best "threads" are the ones you keep in the closet for just the right occasion. What's cool is when you try them on again and discover that they still fit ...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't wait to let the memories begin again....

Today in my family history is the day that my wife and I have reached our 198th day before coming back to Disney World for our 2nd trip... I have been afraid to post anything more until now because so many things have happened in our lives that I was beginning to wonder if we could ever make it back. I never thought a mid life crisis would ever effect me since I feel like one of Pan's lost boys deep inside....until the day my reflection in the mirror reminded me that all boys grow up....except one. After 20 years at a job I was proud of the factory closed and I had to start over (while trying to keep the vacation trip still possible), my Father-In-Law (the man who was instrumental in drawing Karen & I together) passed away, and we are both learning that time is a hourglass stuck to the table. Yet, of all the simple truths I've learned in the time since our last trip, the one I value the most is that I still remember how to fly (all be it alittle slower and with more rest stops along the way) thanks to my "Happy Thought"....She and I will be arriving at Disney World on October 23rd and staying until November 2nd for our Silver Anniversary. Since I am now trying to make sure all my (Donald)Ducks are in a row, I'll be sharing some planning ideas and things along the way....'cause honestly, I have to share with someone or I'm just liable to 'burst....

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Spud, it's good to see you back on the boards. I'm sorry things have been rough for you - best wishes for uplifted spirits while planning this next trip.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you....

Thanks, it's great to be back to the board and being able to come back to Disney World is so awesome! I can't thank my new boss enough for working with me so that I didn't have to change all the plans I had worked out for our trip. It's funny how life works out sometimes. My new job also is two blocks from where I live, so I can listen to the birds sing as a walk to work. Of course the closer to the our trip the more likely it is that I'll be so pumped up that it will feel like I'm flying...silly 'ole Pixie Dust

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our "Let the Memories Begin" Disney Shirts

Since the theme at Disney this year is "Let the Memories Begin" Karen & I made T- shirts to celebrate our Silver Anniversary. We had them made online and they are nice quality shirts....If you left click on my name you should be able to go to my homepage and see front and back pictures of them if you'd like to see them. Can't wait to wear them!
    Last edited by CanadianWDWFan; 04-11-2011 at 10:33 AM. Reason: URL in post - TOS

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you are getting so close to your trip. It's fun to read about your excitement as the day approaches!
    Sorry for your loss, and your other troubles. It's good to be able to focus on your impending trip as a bright spot in the clouds!
    Check out my pics, maps and brochures from 1975 on my home page!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for your troubles and sorrows, but have so enjoyed reading your original thread that I can't wait to read more of this saga. I hope your silver trip is all the magic you could want and more than you could dream.

Post Thanks / Like

How wonderful to see such a strong marriage! We have 7 children and we managed to take our first 6 ,3 times. Our youngest child will turn 14 in May and has been to the World every year since he was 3. It's much easier to take 1 than 6 !! He has never lost his love for Disney, I was diagnosed with cancer last summer and we've had to cancel the last 3 trips to the World, I pray that I will have the oppourtunity to take him again to our favorite place. Make sure you find a way to go more often, you never know what life has in store.

Post Thanks / Like

Default May you know....

May you know with all that you are that you have given your children quite a gift not only the magic that only Disney can provide, but only the magic that a loving Mother can give...as I remember my Disney trip with my Mom all those years ago just like it were yesterday, may your children always feel the magic that you bring to their lives. Amazing how friendship with a rather large and well dressed mouse can bring familys closer together....I hope you can continue to share Disney with your children....I have no doubt that you will....heros come in many forms. I discovered a celebration of triumph at the Disney florist that I'll be sharing with my wife for our 25th Wedding Anniversary, just as a way to say thanks for 25 years together. Perhaps you could share this with your family, or better yet they could share this with you...It's called honor your hero and It comes with a certificate and medal to celebrate your personal triumph. The medal can come with a personalized lanyard (ours will have our anniversary date on it)and you can even buy more than one medal for your triumph. Growing up I always wanted a trophy and never could seem to win one, so I'll be getting a medal too so that we can wear them together when we are enjoying our vacation. I encourage you to check it out at the Disney Florist. ....We all need heros....and pixie dust....

Post Thanks / Like

I just called my DH in here to read your post. What a gift you have for expressing your thoughts and thank you for reminding us to enjoy every little bit of time we have together. My children are grown and have lives of their own, my DH works long hours and I stay at home with our spoiled german shepherd, cat and horses. We go to Disney at least once a month and although we love it, I think we take it for granted along with our families as well. After DH read your post, he called our children and asked them if they would like to spend the day at Magic Kingdom tomorrow with us. They all said yes. So tomorrow when we arrive I will think of your post and whisper thank you for bringing my DH, children and grandchild together again. Thanks.
    Have a wonderful time In October.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have fun tommorow!

Thank you for the kind words. When you get to the Haunted Mansion tommorow I'll be there with you in "spirit"! When I get there myself in October I'll think of you & your family & smile

Post Thanks / Like

LOVE your shirts! I remember reading your post a few years back and thinking...once they get a trip in...they will be back Disney is very addictive!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Default disney being additive....

I knew I had become addicted to Disney World when I came home and the "normal" world seemed to have a waaaayyyy to much "dog eat dog" attitude. In my world all the dogs talk (not to mention the rest of the animal kingdom)and the only attitude is "what's for supper, and will there be 2nds?"...Disney World had me at the 1st sniff of the sweet sweet smell of carmel corn or whatever it is that tempts my tummy with the taste of yummy-ness when you walk around the magic kingdom...of course all the Disney reading books I had as a kid (the ones that came with the Micky Mouse plastic book holder that you put together to hold your books), Disney popcicles Mom used to make with a plastic mold she bought somewhere (my favorite was blue, it tasted just like...um, blue I guess)and the Disney Record albums I used to listen to on my old record player. probably helped me understand the importance of getting along with others, being able to whistle while you work, and that sometimes letting your conscience be your guide really is better than fighting to claw your way to the top of a corporate ladder....having said all that, "Hey John, you've just made it through another un-birthday, what are you gonna do next?"....I'm going to go to Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party!!!...um, wait a sec....did I say Party?...I meant "Parties" with a capital "P"...Every good thing should have a sequel right?....Can't wait to see the headless horseman ride!....The beauty of being the Disney Planner of the family is "accidently' booking more than one Halloween Party...
    Last edited by Ribeyespud; 04-10-2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: mispelling

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished reading your post. Wow! It's nice to know that in this nutty world there are still people out there who really get it! I can't wait to read more about your anniversary plans.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

You will love MNSSHP ,the parade is beyond awesome! I can still hear the music inside my head! Our DS was a very cool 12 at the time and didn't want to dress up.We talked him into getting a Pirate makeover, it was the coolest thing ever! The scar and bruises looked real! Even Mr. Cool was impressed Where are you staying this trip? Who does more of the planning you or your wife? In our house it's me

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Welcome back to the boards... I have enjoyed this thread from the very beginning!!

I'm sorry to hear about everything you guys went through over the last year, but am happy to hear that it hasn't stood in the way of your next dream trip, and that you haven't lost your love for life and it's crazy twists, turns and fun!

I hope you and Karen have a WONDERFUL trip in October... ... you are going to just love, love, love MNSSHP. It is our favorite thing at Disney, hands down... and good for you for going more than once, you will be SO glad you did.

Thank you for reminding us what life & love are really all about, and what's important... it's wonderful to see posts from other people who really get it, whether they're at Disney or not. Have a wonderful time planning -- can't wait to hear more!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: