Quantcast Adventures By Disney-Anyone Here Done One?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adventures By Disney-Anyone Here Done One?

Just looking to get any feedback on ABD. It's been something I have wanted to do for a few years now and I think I am finally going to try it in 2008. Having a hard time deciding- which one, to take the kids or not.

Looking at the Emerald Isle, the new France trip, the Rome/Pompeii/Capri, California Coast (also new this year) or lastly the Spirit of America.

Think we'd only take the kids if we did Spirit of America or California. Otherwise this will probably be just the two of us. I've never done a group tour before but especially like the idea of it for travelling abroad. Any thoughts, advice, experiences (good or bad) welcome!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Information is still rathy sketchy on these trips. Here's a recent post regarding Adventures by Disney that might help a bit...
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't done one yet but we have booked one! Viva Italia 2008.

Magical Journeys (Debbie K) is our booking agency and everything was handled smoothly and efficiently, of course.

I will say that the early booking pricing, of which there is only a small percentage for each tour, go very quickly. Only about 40 people per tour total so the tours can book fast depending on the time frame you are looking to travel.

If you are really serious about it and have a very specific date you can travel, my suggestion is not to wait to long to put your money down - $300 per person.

I've decided to handle our airline tickets but ABD can book those for you.
    We are going over to Rome 1 day prior to the tour start date so we can acclimate ourselves to the time change. We are staying at the same hotel as the tour package and made the pre-trip reservation with ABD. Since we booked via ABD at the same hotel they will handle the airport transfer at no extra charge. That way we don't have to worry about getting to the hotel from the airport. I have flown to London before but the language was no issue. This time DH is traveling with me and he doesn't like to leave anything to chance.

I'll Private Message you with another Disney board that has a forum dedicated to discussing the different packages and procedures of ABD.
    There have been great experiences in Italy mentioned and not so great ones in the Imperial Cities tour. I haven't read the threads about the US tours or the Ireland tours but there are some there.
    There has been discussion about using DVC points too.

I try to keep it out of my mind since it is sooo far in the future but I'm still terribly happy and excited about it!

Ciao!

After reading a lot of overheated puffery about your new cook, you know what I'm craving? A little perspective. That's it. I'd like some fresh, clear, well seasoned perspective. Can you suggest a good wine to go with that?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Diane!! How are you??! It's funny you mentioned ABD, b/c I just got their fabulous catalog and DVD through the mail. It is awesome!! We are thinking of going to Ireland next year, not ABD, but the book is fun to see the trips and itineraries they do. The neat part is the guides that take you to really great places that you might not venture off to. I would love to do something like this for Italy, they have three different Italy packages.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone!
    Hi Shari! We must be on the same wavelength with ABD. I got the book, too, and the trips just look amazing.

Sally, I can't wait to hear about your trip. Please post your report if you can and have a great time!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=SallyP;1453280]I'll Private Message you with another Disney board that has a forum dedicated to discussing the different packages and procedures of ABD.
    QUOTE]

Could I get that same info?
    Lots of trips to Disneyland
    FW Campground 1976
    ASMu 2000
    Disneyland Hotel 2005
    POP 2006
    Disneyland, offsite 2007

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: