Quantcast Token Freebie - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Token Freebie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tyandskyesmom View Post
    The plactic kid's meal bowls shaped like Mickey's head...they use them for meals at home!
    Yeah, we brought a couple of extra ones home to give to my nephews as souveniers (amongst some other things). The CM was real nice and gave us a few clean extras when we asked.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTreeGal View Post
    I thought for sure someone would have mentioned our favorite freebie -- Robots from Innoventions at Epcot!
    Of course! DD6, DW and I each made one and brought it home. Of course DD6 and DS2 (who didn't go this time, but maybe next year?) have undone and rebuilt them several times so no telling what they originally looked like.

I also forgot one other great freebee. At the animation studions, next to VOTLM in MGM, they have an area where you learn to draw a Disney character. It is led by a Disney animator and you actually draw one of the characters on a special sheet of paper and get to take it home with you. When we were there two weeks ago, we drew Goofy's head. DW's was really amazing and DD6 did a very good job as well. It was a lot of fun and makes a very special and original souvenier. Now framing it is another matter

If you decide to do it, though, I would strongly suggest getting some sort of cardboard tube to protect it. Even a paper towel roll holder would probably work.
    Last edited by MickeyandTink; 10-09-2007 at 02:15 PM. Reason: new information
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Gottaluvgoof Guest

The robots at Innoventions were a HUGE hit this year. My kids are already excited about next years trip. They want to make more robots. Also, the toiletries for sure. I did one of my bathrooms in Steamboat Mickey. The Mickey soap bars come in handy.

Post Thanks / Like

i've got about a dozen drink stirrers from the contemporary from our last few trips- come in handy from time to time. look forward to grabbing some new ones from the poly in april.
    john

Off-site '76, '89, '91, '96
    LBV Hilton '84
    DLR '86
    Poly '93, '08
    CR '96, '02, '03
    Next trip- Poly Aug '11

Post Thanks / Like

Ok...I am a scrapbooker and I am glad to know that there are other fanatics out there with napkins, confetti, fast passes and coasters! I have one that is really my DD's. At Old Key West and the Boardwalk, the front desk gives away helium baloons in the morning. My daughter no only loves the balloons, she collects the "weights" They are plastic Mickey shaped heads that she has played countless games with for hours! We have also used them at birthday parties to weigh down balloons! Maybe other resorts do this as well, these are just the two that came to mind for me.

Ps....I alos like the Mickey shaped straws that the chocolate covered marshmallows come on!
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Napkins, coasters, soap/shampoo, and styrofoam-like cups from the room! Now with this thread I can show my DW and DS that I am not the only crazy one - or at least am in good company!! Thank you all!!

8 days and counting!!
    Previous trips:

Nov 2000, Oct 2002 - WL
    Dec 2002 - CSR (conf.)
    Feb 2004 - AKL
    Feb 2005, Jan 2007 - POR
    Oct 2007 - CSR (conf.)
    Oct 2008 - POP (pre-conf. visit)
    Oct 2009 - BV Suites (conf.)
    Oct 2010 - POR
    Nov 2010 - BV Suites (conf.)
    June 2012 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Freebies

The room key and park passes are in my photo album. I forget where we first saw Mickey shaped confetti, and collected some, but we all thought it was cool. But later we were in the Gear shop in Epcot and when my youngest DD saw that they sold packages of it, she had to have it.

That was almost a year ago and I don't think she's opened it yet. Too precious I guess!
    Lisaj13
    Disneyland - Four times
    Disney World - Three times

Post Thanks / Like

DS has a LARGE collection of robots from Innoventions.

We also usually find napkins and tolietries along with a pen or two.

One thing that we do have a few of is the straws that chocolate covered marshmallows come on -- I think DS gets the marshmallows JUST to get the straw!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by #1donaldfan View Post
    What token (freebie) keepsake do you look forward to getting year after year. For our kids it's the pluto spoon straw from AK. They get them with a frozen lemonaide from a pretzel stand just after getting off of KRR.....they use them all year, and when we go back, they make sure we "refresh" their supply of 'em ......
    I can't remember what stand at AK, but we always looked forward to our spoon/straw, but this trip they had quit.

Post Thanks / Like

My mom does napkins. I do park maps in every different language! It is so much fun!

I also like the wristbands from EMH and MK Parties.

I can't wait to see what else they have out there! I leave in 24 hours!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

The two pounds a week I gain from all the eating I do while I am there.

Post Thanks / Like

No wonder the price of things at Disney keeps going up each year. They're having to make up for all of the extra napkins people keep taking. (kidding)

I love this thread. I'm going in January and have gotten some good ideas of things to look for to bring back to help keep the magic alive at home. Thanks.

Never thought of the coasters. I'm trying to remember what they look like but can't think of them. Are they in the value resorts also? I take it, if people are taking them, they must be paper and not something REALLY nice. Anyway, I'll keep my eye out for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad that I am not the only person who stocks up with the napkins. I keep them in my car. With a child, I am always in need of napkins in my car.

We also have a collection of the Safari Pluto Straws. We always got them with our Root Beer floats at a wagon outside of Kali River Rapis in AK. One year, they had Safari Mickey straws. We also got our floats in the AK cups. I love those cups.

I too liked collecting the cups in MK (when they used to have one for each land). I love drinking out of my plastic Disney cups. They are the perfect size.

The robots from Innoventions are neat too.

I love Disney and I love Intercot !!
    "Celebrate the future, hand in hand"
    Upcoming Trips: March - (escaping Mardi Gras)
    May - Expedition Everest 5K
    November - Wine & Dine Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crltkcagle View Post
    well it's not really a freebie but we got popcorn from epcot that came in the huge buckets. we saved the buckets and my kids enjoy movie time with popcorn in thier mickey mouse buckets.
    Us too. We have Epcot with Figment and Spectromagic and a couple of "Share a Dream Come True" buckets. I love them and after a few years in the dishwasher, they still look new.
    I am looking forward to this year to get some new ones.
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisaj13 View Post
    The room key and park passes are in my photo album. I forget where we first saw Mickey shaped confetti, and collected some, but we all thought it was cool. But later we were in the Gear shop in Epcot and when my youngest DD saw that they sold packages of it, she had to have it.

That was almost a year ago and I don't think she's opened it yet. Too precious I guess!
    Probably after the opening of MK. I picked a bunch of it up and used it in my scrapbook. The guy that was trying to sweep it up looked at me kind of strange.
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: