Quantcast Ohana for kids

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Ohana for kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ohana for kids

Hello. We have ADR for Ohana dinner and I was wondering if they also offer some standard kid fare (chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, etc). Our kids are 6, 4, and 2 and not very adventurous eaters!

Thanks!

Poly Feb 2008

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My kids are the same age as yours and they LOVE Ohana, it's great b/c they have fun and great food for kids. They have such a variety that your kids will surely find something they will like. I think they could probably get them some chicken nuggets or something if they truly don't like the food, but I bet they will surprise you!

Post Thanks / Like

The first time we ate at Ohana our boys were 6 & almost 4. They loved it ! Just like yours, they are kinda picky eaters to begin with. They liked having a choice of what to eat. We'll be going back in a few weeks for our arrival day dinner.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

My oldest DD was "in a mood" when we went to 'Ohana last trip. Even though she typically would have eaten the food, she refused. They brought her out a typical kids' meal (which she normally would have refused-- LOL!). I can't remember for sure what it was, but I think it was either chicken strips or grilled cheese.

For our upcoming trip, she's looking forward to eating the regular 'Ohana food. Go figure.
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there two weeks ago and DD6 got a kids meal (chicken nuggets). The plate was huge and would have been enough for 2 or 3 kids. However, she barely touched her food and did not care much for any of the "adult" fare. I don't think the problem was the food, though. She's turned into a very picky eater AND she was having way too much fun getting up and doing the hula dances, coconut races, etc. to spend time sitting down and eating.

For the adults, the grilled meats were fantastic. However, I would recommend not getting more than one of each at a time. They are best when hot and fresh and some were more juicy than others, depending on the particular skewer they came from.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

If your children won't eat the menu selections, simply ask your server for something more basic. 'Ohana offers a traditional children's restaurant like virtually every other restaurant, but it's not published.

Your kids will have enough chicken fingers, grilled cheese and pasta to keep them happy, but they'll probably be too entertained by the coconut races to care.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I am hoping they might be in a trying-new-things mood, but if not it is good to know they can get the old standbys!

Post Thanks / Like

My DS8 got the regular food, but my DD4 slept through dinner. It was our first night and we were starving and irritably tired. She fell asleep and we ordered her chicken fingers and they brought it boxed up to go. We asked for honey mustard for dipping and they said they would have to get it from Kona. I don't know if the meal came from over there too, but I know the honey mustard did. The last time we were there though, the potatoes got eaten all up! As did the chicken. What is it with kids and chicken and potatoes?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep my 3 year old got the chicken tenders and fries. She was happy! Just ask your waiter/waitress and they will gladly get it for you. I do think they bring it over from Kona. I know that for breakfast they will bring over the Mickey waffles from Ohana to Kona our waiter told us.
    Princess 1 - 19yo
    Princess 2 - 12 yo (my baby is growing up)
    Poor Dad is out numbered! Even our dog is a female!
    Missing my happy place so much.

6/09,8/07,2/02,11/99 - Poly
    prev trips - Dixie Landings & CR
    Read my trip report for August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

My picky eaters (then 6 and 3) loved the regular food! We were amazed at the amount they put away! Make sure yours give it a try - hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Post Thanks / Like

We brought my sister's family there last month. They have twin 2-year-olds. The ukulele player had the kids so engaged with activities that shortcomings of the kid's menu, if any, didn't matter. 'Ohana was a huge hit. I know this doesn't precisely answer your question, but thought you might like to hear it.
    "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. In just five minutes...."

Post Thanks / Like

If a child orders from a child's menu (chicken tenders, etc.), do they get charged for being at the table at O'Hana's. I mean, the same amount of food would come over for the 2 adults correct? he just wouldn't be allowed to eat from it, correct?

I'm asking because my son would probably only eat the chicken, and that's it. And I feel it would be a big waste of money to have him eat the family style food there.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

We were there just a couple of weeks ago. They allowed my children to choose hamburgers or hotdogs, from the grill. They LOVED that option.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1010 View Post
    If a child orders from a child's menu (chicken tenders, etc.), do they get charged for being at the table at O'Hana's. I mean, the same amount of food would come over for the 2 adults correct? he just wouldn't be allowed to eat from it, correct?

I'm asking because my son would probably only eat the chicken, and that's it. And I feel it would be a big waste of money to have him eat the family style food there.
    Family style is essentially the same as the traditional buffets where you get your own food. Anyone at the table, 3 and up, will most likely be charged for a meal.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: