Quantcast Why Magical Journeys (Intercot Sponsor)? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by traceyo1 View Post
    I have read the posts here but I didn't see anyone mention payment for the trip. Do we pay Magical Journeys and they pay Disney or do we pay Disney direct? I wanted to use my Disney Visa and get the benefit of 6 months 0% interest. Also I got the fax to transfer my reservation to MJ, that seems scary. I haven't read anything bad about them but before I transfer, I want to make sure about the payment procedures.
    MJ handles your payment. They take your credit card info, and, yes, you can use your Disney Visa, and pass along that info to Disney who then charges your card. MJ doesn't actually process the payment. No need for concern. I've never heard of a problem with payment through MJ.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone has any doubts about having MJ handle your Disney vacation plans, read the thread in Accomodations about the Disney offers for this coming fall. So many folks have been able to save money, (or get upgrades and still save money) without having to do anything thanks to the great MJ agents (who by this weekend are probably all exhausted!!). We booked with MJ and got a discount while we were at the beach on vacation thanks to Debbie! They are awesome and I will never book a Disney vacation without them again!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by traceyo1 View Post
    I have read the posts here but I didn't see anyone mention payment for the trip. Do we pay Magical Journeys and they pay Disney or do we pay Disney direct? I wanted to use my Disney Visa and get the benefit of 6 months 0% interest. Also I got the fax to transfer my reservation to MJ, that seems scary. I haven't read anything bad about them but before I transfer, I want to make sure about the payment procedures.
    All you do is give your MJ agent your Disney Visa number.It will get processed by Disney and appear on your statement as a charge from Disney. MJ does not take any direct payments. You will get the 6 mo 0% interest even if you use MJ. Go for it--you won't regret it!

Post Thanks / Like

The Mrs. and I have already set up our trip through MJ and are all set to go in Sept (mid to late sept.) The final payment has already been paid. My question is whether or not we can still add on tickets to Mickey's not so scary Halloween party? Do we contact WDW ourselves or do we have to go through MJ?
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

You get the tickets for MNSSHP yourself. They are an extra event. You can get them from the Disney website or by calling the main reservation number.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scooterca42 View Post
    And additionally, I was just off email with my amazing MJ rep - she will be making certain our papers (which are essential for the trip) are not with the luggage tags (which are not) when she sends them across the border, as she knows that Canadian Customs sometimes holds the papers when they're with the tags. For some reason they don't like the tags. I don't know if every MJ person knows this but I certainly didn't, and I appreciated the extra effort to make certain we have the required documents.
    That's weird but not surprising our Customs people are so rude and obnoxious. I hope our tags are ok coming across the border.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a recent reason. My family is from south FL. My parents still live there and have the Seasonal Passes. He told me about one site that does WDW travel. I told him about MJ. He called and was told they only handle 3 or more days. They were planning on going for 2. MJ got him the same resort with preferred room for 3 nights for the same price as 2. They are now going to the FWF for an extra day for "free". The other agent he told me about couldn't/wouldn't have known or done that.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to WDW about 17 times in my life and planned them all myself. Two days ago, I booked our next trip through Magical Journeys. Debbie has been AMAZING so far.....I can send her an e-mail and have a response back in an incredibly short time. Chatting with her on the phone while making the deposit arrangements was like talking to an old friend. I just can't get over the service I have already received. I'm a true believer, now and Debbie will be part of my future Disney planning for as long as she will have me!
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Default switching to MJ?

i booked our trip myself after HOURS of research, and now think i should've used MJ!! We are going in late Jan. 08 and have only put downmy $200 deposit w/ a new Disney Visa. Can my reservations be switched to MJ? Will i loose my $200?

Also, do you know if the 6 months, no interest is only good for the first payment cycle or can i book the rest of the trip later and still have 6 months?? Is any purchase 6 months no interst or just a trip?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tx. Mom View Post
    Can my reservations be switched to MJ? Will i loose my $200?
    You should be able to. Just email then and ask. I think there are certain types of reservations they can't switch, but most they can. And, no, you wouldn't lose your $200.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so hesitant about giving out my credit card info. I'm booking my trip thru MJ for the first time. I never heard of them before finding this site a few weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by woo5539 View Post
    I'm so hesitant about giving out my credit card info. I'm booking my trip thru MJ for the first time. I never heard of them before finding this site a few weeks ago.
    I was worried about that too. But you have to realize, the credit card info is needed no matter what route you go. This is my first time booking through MJ (first time booking a WDW trip period, actually) and I have had no problems. In fact, I feel safer with MJ for some reason.

On top of that, I've had to make two changes to my trip (move the trip back a day and take someone off my package) and it was done in NO TIME. I have much love and respect for Wendy
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We love MJ... we used them for our first trip as a family last May, and although I'd originally booked w/ AAA, I ended up switching b/c they just did a better job handling the details, and were MUCH more personal to deal with.
    This year, we used them for our upcoming trip in October, and did a room-only reservation, waiting and hoping for a special to come out. Well, of course one did - while we were on vacation!! But, I'd e-mailed my agent Debbie to let her know we'd be out of town, and she got in touch w/ us by phone and e-mail, and then put us in touch w/ Nanci b/c she was going to be out of town when we got back - and we got the special!! Saved us $200... TOTALLY worth it!! They are awesome, and I'll never look elsewhere!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Despite the fact that we're only 29 days from our vacation, and I had long since given up on the idea of getting in on the Fall special, Debbie perservered and prevailed!

So, now instead of the AAA rate (for a king room) at POR running us $1770 for 10 nights, we now have a standard room at POR with 10-day park hoppers AND the dining plan for $2437. Debbie totally rocks!

So, as I've always said, MJ will do their very best to get you the best price for your stay, and I definitely think that's true!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

I have been having trouble paying for my Dec Honeymoon. I contacted Wendy to see if we could be moved to a value and she figured out a way to keep me at CB and extend my payment. She previously got me the package discount and didn't want me to lose it. She dropped my package down to the minimum - room + 1 day tickets, allowing us to put the tickets and possibly dining back on closer to our departure date! I wouldn't be going without her!
    Karen

2009 ~ Hopefully next trip!
    1/2006 ~Coronado Springs
    12/1999 ~Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Using Magical Journeys with Terrisue has made planning this vacation so much easier. Oh my goodness, I can't even tell you how nice it was -- she booked my WDW trip and my Universal Orlando trip too. I won't ever go without her again. All I had to figure out was my ADR's!!!

AND she was actually able to get us the Fall special discount, even though Beach Club was booked to the gills. Saved us over $300, yeah!
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

This is going to be a combo post - why Magical Journeys rocks and me doing the sneaky happy dance of joy.

Wendy at MJ has been working with my BFF and I to plan a trip for early December. Sadly, life intervened quite rudely with my friend and her family will not be able to join us. (The silver lining is they have a wonderful new car!)

Due to some scheduling changes, Wendy was able to book a room only ressie for me, DS and my DBF so that we will be getting to CBR on the night of the 3rd and have 5 full length park days instead of only 4 and a nice laid back departure day! The best park is DS and DBF don't know yet. I'm keeping it to myself till we get there. It's a little thing to be so happy about, but it's just the kind of amazing service that Magical Journeys provides.
    Can you stand on your head?

April 2002 - Holiday Inn Sunspree
    December 2003 - Hampton Inn
    August 2006 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    December 2007 - CBArrrgh!!!

Post Thanks / Like

When I started planning our Jan 08 trip back in April I sent for a quote and was matched up with Terrisue. At the time she couldnt give me too much information since the new rates had not come out yet. She was very helpful with what she could tell me though. When the rates came out me and my family talked about if we should do the dinning plan or not. Terrisue emailed me as soon as the rates were released. When we decided to do room only I figured that I could go about doing that my self. Well boy was I upset when the value we had our hearts set on since April was now showing no rooms (which also makes me nervous that it will be CROWDED!!) I promptly emailed Terrisue and she found me a room. Oh what a life saver! I was able to do everything online through email and didnt have to worry about being put on hold or long distance charges!

So even if you are doing room only Magical Journeys is the way to go. Hey it is free so why not?

Pipi ~ 911 miles from Disney World

Next Planned Trip ~ December 2010 POR?

POP January 2004

ASMu Feburary 2005

POP January 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank You Terrisue & Mj

I am not even sure if this is the right place to post this, but I need to send out my greatest thanks to TerriSue at MJ's. She has been unbelievable to deal with. This past weekend we almost had to cancel our trip due to financial problems, I emailed her and she came up with some great ways for us to lower the cost of our upcoming trip and now we can afford to go. I cant thank her enough for all of her hard work and helping us through this difficult time. She is Number 1 in our book! Thanks again Terrisue!!
    02 Off Site
    Oct 04 Pop Century

March 06 Caribbean Beach
    Dec 1-8 2007 Pop Century
    May 2-9, 2009 Beach Club
    Oct 2009 - Carnival Liberty Cruise
    April 2010 - Carnival Valor Cruise
    January 2011- Carnival Dream Cruise
    November 2011- Disney/Universal & Carnival Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW and Beyond!

We live 2 hours from the House of Mouse so although I have asked Debbie at MJ for help with WDW reservations it isn't very often.
    We usually just get in the car and go

What I would like to add is that Debbie has helped me with a Disneyland trip (my first ever) and we had an ablsolutely wonderful time thanks to Debbie's help and suggestions with arrangements!

Now she is being the Oh So Patient one with me on an Adventure By Disney booking.
    She answers question after question in an expedient and thorough manner.
    Grazie Debbie!
    So now we will be traveling to Italy and I know Debbie will be a phone call away if we need her!

MJ is the travel agency of any Disney Destination, Cruise or Adventure!

After reading a lot of overheated puffery about your new cook, you know what I'm craving? A little perspective. That's it. I'd like some fresh, clear, well seasoned perspective. Can you suggest a good wine to go with that?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: