Quantcast What Section Of DTD Do You Like Best Day or Night? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Day or Night, which Downtown Disney section do you like best?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disney Marketplace

78 87.64%
  • Pleasure Island

4 4.49%
  • Disney Westside

7 7.87%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Marketplace! I don't always get a Disney vibe at Pleasure Island or the West Side. I love the Marketplace Day or Night. Its such a pretty place, full of happy shops and sites. We try to go at least once every trip.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the Marketplace too. Didn't make it there this trip, but definitely will next time. Also like the West Side - it has unique shops. DD attends quite a few concerts at HOB, too.

Me & DH
    AKL, CBR, WL & ASMu '08, POP '07 & '05, POR '01, AllStar Music, Sports & Movies & Ft. Wilderness - our fun homes away from home!

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Marketplace here! My family always spends at least one night at DTD Marketplace...the trip just wouldn't be right without it! I remember going there as a really little kid when it was Buena Vista Village (I think that was the name, anyway!), and I loved it back then, too!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

I had to vote for the Marketplace, of course!
    Since I am there two days each week....

1974-1983 WDW day trips*92 WDW *94 Contemporary*97 WDW*97 Poly*98 DL PAC*99 DL DLH*2000 POFQ & CR*01 WDW*02 DLR DLH*02 WDW*03 POR*03 WDW 06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 VBR*07 OKW*07 VWL*08 GCH*09 BLT*09 AKV*10 OKW*10 DLP-DH*11 BLT*11 AKL*12 BWV*14 Aulani*15 VGC*17 VGC*SDL TSH*17 TDR DAH*18 BC

Post Thanks / Like

I love shopping at the Marketplace, the atmosphere is so Disney!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Marketplace...so much to buy all in one spot!!!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Default Market Place

Market hands down. West side seems kinda "cheap" looking if you know what I mean. The clear light bulbs on wires seems more like a carnival thing. Plus the stores are not that hot. All the good stuff is over at Market Place. Ghiradelli's, Earl of Sandwich, World of Disney, on and on. I love hanging out there. The best thing on our last trip was a night time boat ride from Port Orleans down these dark winding canals. Sooooo atmospheric, then you pull into the main lagoon and see search lights and lasers. Top it off with a milkshake at Ghiradelli's and some shopping in the world of disney store...man I was in heaven.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish there could've been an option to select all of them. The food at the Marketplace is great. The Earl Of Sandwich has terrific sandwiches (I particularly like the meatball one, especially alongside a large cup of lemonade with no ice).

Ghiradelli's has terrific ice cream. So sweet and loaded with toppings.

I also enjoy the West Side. The Virgin Megastore is where I spend most of my money on every trip, and I try to catch a concert at the House Of Blues every year. This year I saw Black Label Society. It totally rocked.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHMCWYG View Post
    I wish there could've been an option to select all of them. The food at the Marketplace is great. The Earl Of Sandwich has terrific sandwiches (I particularly like the meatball one, especially alongside a large cup of lemonade with no ice).

Ghiradelli's has terrific ice cream. So sweet and loaded with toppings.

I also enjoy the West Side. The Virgin Megastore is where I spend most of my money on every trip, and I try to catch a concert at the House Of Blues every year. This year I saw Black Label Society. It totally rocked.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff
    I didn't put an "I like all" option because there has to be one that people like better then the others and as we can see Marketplace wins hands down.

Just like the parks most people like them all but there is always a favorite.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Marketplace ! The original and the best to relax, stroll in the evenings, and I agree the most Disney. Catch the sunset on a non-park day. It can be awesome.

Westside has its merits but a bit too regular mall-like, not enough Disney magic. PI used to have some interesting charming shops for a daytime stroll but not any more; just walked right through it since we're not clubbers.
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    ºoº WDW 9-83, 9-84, 9-88, 9-93, 5-94, 5-95, 5-96, 9-99, 9-07
    ºoº TDL 6-83, 9-91
    ºoº DLR many, many

Post Thanks / Like

I must be one of the drunks y'all are talking about because I love PI best! Seriously nothing rounds out a hard day at the parks like shaking your moneymaker at 8trax. And of course, nothing is more entertaining than watching people who have knocked back a few get on and off the dance floor at Manequins! Its such a bizzare mix of people at the clubs at PI, I always find it so entertaining. What other club scene on earth will you find tenny boppers and cheesy club guys interacting with wild and crazy Brits and middle aged housewives from Des Moines. I just love how strange and fun it all is.
    First Trip- Oct 1978 (9 months old)
    Last Trip- Everett's Summer Vacation June '10
    Next Trip- Everett's 1st Food and Wine Oct '10
    Oct 4-6
    58 trips in between

Post Thanks / Like

We like the Marketplace best, no question!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Marketplace. I love shopping there and I love eating there.

When we get to Orlando, the first thing we do is get a chocolate shake from Ghiradelli. YUM!
    "Celebrate the future, hand in hand"
    Upcoming Trips: March - (escaping Mardi Gras)
    May - Expedition Everest 5K
    November - Wine & Dine Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtTigger View Post

We also must stop at Earl of Sandwich for some Cannonballs........... Very cheap to eat there.... What more could you want.....

It's ALL about the Earl for us!! My whole family loves Earl of Sandwich!! I could go there every day of my vacation if it was convenient to do so!

However, the Marketplace is very Disney and a lot of fun! Of course I say that as I think of actually being there and walking around (not when getting home and getting my next Visa bill )
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

in a lavender cottage - I mixed this color to create this wild color
    Post Thanks / Like

Marketplace ...
    We Are Shoppers Too

I Do Like The House Of Blues
    Food And Shop Are Great
    And
    Cirque Is Awesome-
    I Just Dont Go There Much

Never Pleasur Island
    I Liked Back Years Ago -
    When The Outside Stage And Music Were There And All Ages Could Enjoy It
    That Was Fun

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with market place. Love to shop!! Also Pleasure Island has changed alot in the 6 years since i've been there.

Post Thanks / Like

Market Place for the lego store To be honest there really isnt a reason to go to westside expect for house of blues. I also like PI at night thou.

Post Thanks / Like

On one hand, have to vote for WestSide w/DQ and Cheesecake Factory. But on the other hand Market Place w/Goofy's Candy Co is a fav as well. I actually like it all!
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Marketplace for us! It's our tradition to head there on our arrival day--absorb the Disney atmosphere in a relaxed setting, and get excited about going to the parks the next day! We have our 1st night's dinner at the Rainforest Cafe.

Soarin' to tower: We are ready for takeoff!

1986 - Royal Plaza
    1987 - Disney Inn (Now SOG)
    1990 - CR
    1993 - POFQ
    1994, 1997 - Travelodge (now Best Western LBV)
    2001, 2002 - WL
    2004 - GF
    2007 - POR
    2008 - CSR
    2009 - Pop/Poly
    2010 - VWL
    2011 - Cruise on the Dream

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the Disney Market Place. To me it is just an extension of Disney. The others are just the real world invading Disney space.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site