Quantcast First Week of December

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Week of December

I had originally thought that I planned my family 2007 WDW vacation during a slow period - Nov. 30 - Dec. 9. However, I recently saw WDW was offering special package rates during November and December EXCEPT for the week we're going. Does anyone know why that week was not offered the special rates? Is something going on that week? I'm not worried about getting the special rates, but I am hoping its not going to be crowded. Any feedback on this particular week is appreciated.

Dani
    Returning guest since 1979 (27 on-site visits)
    1999 - WDW College Program
    2003 - Disneyland - Off site
    2007 - Cruise on Disney Magic
    2012 - Disneyland - Grand Californian
    Last Trip - May 2012 - Carribean Beach
    Next Trip - February 2013 Bay Lake Tower & Yacht Club

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You might want to double check because I thought I saw something about that being Pop Warner week. I try to avoid those because of all the extra kids being there during a supposedly slow time. I will try to find the thread and post it.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Ok In the Accommodations Forum there is a thread that says "Please tell me we will be okay?" and it is pretty lengthy talking about the first week in Dec and Pop Warner. It was actually started back in August.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks disneymom2000! I'll go back and read this thread. I hope it won't be too bad for us!

Dani

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I believe much of the time period you are looking at is Pop Warner week. And although I would never hesitate to visit Disney during Pop Warner week (I don't think all the extra kids at that time of year make a signficant impact at the parks), I would NOT stay at POP or All-Stars that week. Those resorts will be louder and the food courts will be much busier.

Post Thanks / Like

Historically, you have two big events taking place during that time period. The first is the Pop Warner Championships as mentioned previously. Considering the football players and cheerleaders spend much of their time practicing and competing, they don't have too much impact on the parks. The other event is the filming of the Christmas parade. This is usually the first full weekend of December.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I did not realize they film the parade that day. I guess that could be a good day or a bad day to be at the park. Do you know how I can find out exactly when filming takes place?

Thanks for the info everyone!

Dani

Post Thanks / Like

Have you confirmed that you can't get the Oct-Dec Special Package rate, either online or by calling Disney reservations directly?

Under Special Offers at the Disney website, I see the Oct - Dec package dates listed as Sept 30 - Nov 19, Nov 24 - 28, and Dec 8 - 23, 2007. However, I get the same rates when I plug in dates that fall within the range 11/29 -12/8. The msg "Special Rate Type : Oct. to Dec. Magic Your Way Package Offer" still appears in the price screen.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure what the dates are for the filming of the parade, although it was posted on another thread. It is typically during the first week of December. Just wanted to say that we've been to MK on days when filming is in progress. The crowds around the hub and Main Street are pretty heavy, but the wait times on rides not bad at all. The other parks weren't really affected at all. Have a great trip!
    Nov 1973 - OS
    Apr 1982 - OS
    Jan 2001 - ASM
    Dec 2001 - ASSp
    Jan 2002 - CBR
    Jan 2003 - CBR
    Dec 2003 - AKL
    Jan 2005 - CBR
    Jan 2006 - CBR/AKL
    Dec 2006 - CBR/OS/POFQ
    Oct 2007 - ASSp/CBR
    Jan 2009 - CBR/AKL
    Jan 2010 - POR/AKL
    Jan 2012 - CBR
    Jan 2013 - CBR
    Feb 2015 - GF
    Feb 2016 - GF

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that is the reason for no specials. We have gone many times this same week and have never had a special. The only drawback is the weather. We've had mostly warm, we have had some terribly cold years and you have to pack for all of it!
    The filming is that first weekend. The film on Saturday and then re-film on Sunday. We just avoid Magic Kingdom (which we usually do if we are there over a weekend) on those days and enjoy the other parks.
    It will be fine! We'll be there the 27th -4th.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I wasn’t clear in my first post. It was midnight so I'll use that as an excuse. What I was trying to say is that it may be possible for the OP to get a discounted vacation package after all. Using dates that are supposedly in a blackout period (December 4 – December 8), I pulled up a total price under “Special Offers” that was $207 less than the total price under “Quote Your Trip.” It was for a 4 night stay at a moderate resort, 2 adults, 1 day base with dining.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it won't hurt to call and make sure that we don't qualify for a special rate. I spoke with a CM yesterday and they told me in the next week or two they would announce the days they will be filming the parade. Apparently they announce it ahead of time to ensure the park is crowded. We'll have to decide if we want to be part of the excitment or just skip MK those days. Thanks again for the info!

Dani

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: