Quantcast Best Resort for being 6 months pregnant?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Resort for being 6 months pregnant?

My hubby and I decided to plan one last trip in December, just the 2 of us! We are planning a short trip, maybe 3 or 4 nights in December. At that point I'll be about 6 months pregnant. I know I can't do a lot of rides, but I just love the christmas "feel"
    So, with all that being said, what do you think is the best resort for me? We are looking at either a monorail resort or yacht/beach club. We stayed at the Boardwal in January for our honeymoon and loved being able to take the boat back and fort to mgm and epcot, so we are tempted to stay in that area again. Your thoughts?
    Thanks
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at the contemporary, Poly and Wilderness lodge and off course love them all. The Contemporary and Poly do have the monorail but the nice thing about the Wilderness lodge is the boat to MK.
    No matter where you decide to stay I am sure it will be wonderful. Enjoy and congratulations.
    6/85 - Offsite
    12/86 - DI
    8/88 -1/98-5/00 DLR - Offsite
    12/91 - CR
    11/93 - FWC
    1/99 - POFQ
    9/99 - CSR
    1/02 - CB/PR
    1/03 - BCV
    12/03 - DCL/BCV
    10/04 -10/08 SSR
    5/05 - PR
    1/06 - WL
    5/06 - GC - DLR
    11/06 - POFQ
    2/07 DLH- DL
    11/07 BWV/POR
    5/08 OKW/VB

5/09 AK/VB
    10/09 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Being 6 months pregnant I would want a couple of things.

1. The monorail - Easy transportation to two major parks. Means you won't have to worry about dealing with busses.

2. Queen Size Bed! When I was pregnant I was so hot and uncomfortable that I was so grateful that we had a King Size Bed. We had to go out of town when I was over 8 months for a wedding. The hotel we checked into had a full size bed. I called down immediately and told them I either needed a room wiht 2 full size beds, or a room with one king.

3. A Massage - I know you said it's a short trip but I encourage you to indulge at the GF Spa with a pregnancy massage. You can thank me later!

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!

That's good that your doctor will let you travel that far along. A friend of mine just had her baby and couldn't travel that far along. He was afraid that traveling after 5 months might induce an early labor. She was bored being stuck at home all summer with no vacation.

I think any of the resorts would be great. I'd just ask for a room with a king bed and when making the reservation have them note in there a particular building that you'd like to be in.....to cut down on walking.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

First - Congratulations!!!

I was having this exact same dilemma - I'm currently 3 1/2 months pregnant and was hoping to convince DH to take one last "just the two of us" trip to the World before the little one. Where to stay was my biggest issue. We finally decided that if we could not stay at one of the monorail resorts or the Yacht or Beach Club, we would forgo this trip.

1. The thought of being able to zip on and off the monorail or the Epcot resort boats to come back to the hotel for a nap or even just to save time is what sold us on the idea.

2. The larger beds. With all the pillows I currently have to sleep with to make myself comfortable in our queen bed at home, I'm not sure DH would even fit in a double bed at the All Stars with me! But you can request a king bed for the other resorts, just have to pay more for it.

3. Sit down breakfast. Normally I like to eat breakfast on the run. But pregnant, I found I needed a larger breakfast and really wanted a hotel we could sit down to a nice meal in the mornings....

All in all, you can't beat the convenience of the monorail or the Epcot resort area if those are the places you spend the most of your time. Especially when pregnant. (And at the holidays!) After looking at the parks closely, I found we would barely be spending much time on Animal Kingdom rides at all (no Everest, no dinosaur, no Safari's - my favorites) so Epcot and Magic Kingdom hotels were my preferred locations.

Hope this helps a bit. The Polynesian is convenient to both MK and Epcot (can walk to the Epcot monorail at the TTC). Beach Club is closest to the World Showcase. Those were our first choices! Sadly we are going to try to save money instead of spend it on another WDW.... I'm glad someone is getting to go on a WDW babymoon!!! Good luck and congratulations! Enjoy the holidays at WDW!

Lisa
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree with other post and say the Contemp. is a great choice. Easy to and from for the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! DH and I went on a "babymoon" to WDW last year, when I was 6 months prego. Everything went great, except for the fact that I came down w/ strep throat. At this particular moment, I think I would pick the Contemporary. The redone rooms look really plush there! Are you getting the DDP? If not, may I suggest that you might want to. It worked so well for me...I loved having a big sit-down dinner. That was more of an event for me, than the rides, to be honest. Have lots of fun, and buy tons of fun baby Disney stuff! (We did!)
    The countdown is on, for our Disneyland vacation in Sept. 2010
    2009-Paradise Pier Hotel
    2008-Paradise Pier Hotel
    2006-Carribean Beach
    2004-Coronado Springs & Port Orleans FQ
    2003-Off Property (Condo)
    1996-Dolphin
    1992-Off Property

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't ever been pregnant, but I would probably want as little walking as possible (since you'll be doing that all day anyway), so I would think the Deluxes are your best bet.. any of them, for that. The mods and values have many rooms that require a walk to buses or restaurants.

I would probably pick a monorail or Epcot resort, if money is not an option. If money is an option, AKL or WL are good choices. The best thing about AKL is that they have their own buses! That limits the amount of people fighting for bus space! WL has the boat to MK, but they do share buses at times. I LOVE WL, but I can see why AKL would be a good choice.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Beach Club is great and only a couple minutes walk to EPCOT, take the boat to MGM, monorail or bus to MK. Bus to AK. EPCOT is also very Christmasy!
    șoș Janice șoș

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for 1000. Any volunteers?

1971 - Day Trip
    1977 - Off Site
    1981 - CR
    1985 - Ft. Wilderness
    1991 - CR & CBR
    1997 - CBR
    2000 - Ft. Wilderness & BC
    2007 - WL, AKL & BC in Dec.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: