Quantcast Anyone Lucky enough to be picked Grand Marshall

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone Lucky enough to be picked Grand Marshall

Hi, who has been lucky enought to be picked to be a grand marshall in a parade. Do they pick grand marshalls at MGM, and how did it happen
    WL concierge silver wedding anniversary 2004
    GCH, disneyland July 2005
    WL concierge Dec 2005
    Wilderness Lodge 2007
    POP Century May 2008
    POP Century May 2009
    POP Century October 2010
    New DVC Owners BLT
    BLT/AKL Villas May 2011
    CS/DCL Fantasy Maiden Voyage 03/2012
    BLT Oct 2012
    BLT Jan 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My father in law was picked a couple of years ago...I am not sure how it happened but he said it was fabulous!

Post Thanks / Like

My cousin and her family was chosen last spring at MK. They (cousin, DH, 2 DD) were wandering around the park...main street, I think...around 9am and a CM in plain clothes approached them. They chatted for a few minutes, not knowing who the guy was, then tried to move on. He was persistant and kept asking questions about their trip, where they were from, etc. He then introduced himself as a CM, told them he wanted to make them an offer and asked if they'd be grand marshalls at the parade.

It was a great story...better if she tells it, though!!! Definitely a trip to remember.

Since then I've read a lot of posts about this. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to who they choose. Families, couples, young and old(er). So...good luck!!!
    Eric

ASMusic 4/22
    POFQ 1/22
    AKL 9/21
    POFQ 1/20
    Pop Cent 6/19 & 11/19
    POFQ 3/19
    B Resort 11/18
    ASMusic
    3 & 7/18
    ASMusic 3/17
    Boardwalk 7/14 & 6/16
    Swan 3/13
    Solana Villa 3/11
    Grand Flo 12/09
    ASMov & Grand Flo 3/08
    Vistana 3/06
    AKL 3/05
    WL 6/02
    Off-Site 10/00
    ASMusic 3/98
    Poly 6/86
    LBV Villas 6/83

Post Thanks / Like

The grand marshalls for the parade at MK now are usually the cinderella suite winners for the day.

Post Thanks / Like

My father and I got to be the grand marshalls of MGM's stars and motor cars parade in Jan. 2006. We knew a CM there and she surprised us with the honor. It was so much fun!!

Dani
    Returning guest since 1979 (27 on-site visits)
    1999 - WDW College Program
    2003 - Disneyland - Off site
    2007 - Cruise on Disney Magic
    2012 - Disneyland - Grand Californian
    Last Trip - May 2012 - Carribean Beach
    Next Trip - February 2013 Bay Lake Tower & Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

My parents, niece and nephew were picked at a MNSSHP about a year ago. They absolutely loved it.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

In May 2005, my DH & I were on our first WDW vacation without the kids, to celebrate our 16th Anniversary. We invited them however they did not want to miss school. I know...they are crazy! But they are very responsible good kids!!

On our last day of the vacation, we decided to shop on main street in MK since we only had a few hours before catching the Magical Express to the airport.
    My DH was pin trading while I shopped. My DH is very out going and has conversations with most of the CMs as he is trading, unless they are busy. I came out of one of the shops and joined my DH & the CM. He was asking a lot of questions as well. Where were we from, how often are we able to go to WDW, Were we celebrating anything...When my DH mentioned we were there for Anniversary, the CM asked if we would like to be the Grand Marshalls. We were soooo excited! However, our flight was at 5PM and we had to be at the airport around the time of the parade. We had to decline. The CM was very nice! He seemed to fell bad that we had to leave. I am very upset with myself because I did not get his name. I usually do.

Oh Well! Maybe in May 2009 when we go to celebrate our 20th anniversary!

Gail
    Next:
    June 2012 - Pop Century
    August 2012 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

My DH & I were GM of the MK "Share a Dream Come True" parade in July 2006. It was amazing. We were on our honeymoon so it made it even more special for us. We were walking down Main Street at around 9am on the right hand side of the street and were approached my a CM (not a normal CM though - he was wearing different clothing then the normal CM - I think he was a manager of sorts). He spoke to us for about 10 mins asking us where we were from, our names, how long we were there for, if we were having a good time...then he popped the big question about being GM!!!!
    Before my DH could answer I said "Oh my god...of course we would!"

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason as to whom they pick! I'm hoping that we get picked on our Nov trip
    Possible 3rd Trip: Sept 2008
    ?

2nd Trip:
    Nov 23 - Dec 9 2007
    POP Century

POFQ 2006 (Honeymoon)- July 2-July 16
    First WDW trip

Post Thanks / Like

A girl I grew up with was picked. Her DH, and 2 DD's were walking by the gate back in Frontierland when someone approached them. She said the same thing, that it was just general talking about their trip and then asked them. She said they had a great time, and the girls just loved it.

Michael

Post Thanks / Like

1) We were picked a very long time ago.
    2) OK, not that long ago.
    3) But, before there was an MGM or AK.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like being there early is a key . . . As hard as we try, we have such a hard time getting to a park for open.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I got picked on the last day of our Honeymoon. We didn't get to magic Kingdom until at least like 10:30 probably because we had to get everything ready to leave.

We were wearing our Minnie and Mickey bride and groom shirts, and had our bride and groom ears on. We figured might as well wear them again for the last day.

We stopped to get our picture taken in front of the castle on main street and a CM approahced us right after that and started asking us questions. I was almost positive I that he was going to ask us to be the grand marshals.

We basically had enough time to do the parade and watch it all from near the Main St. train station. Once it was over we had to make a mad dash out of the park to get back to our hotel in time to head to the airport.

To top it all off, Cinderella blew my wife and I a kiss and said congratulations from inside the snowglobe toward the end of the parade.

I didn't know an arm could get that tired from waving, nor a mouth get so soar from smiling so much, but it was so much fun.

Post Thanks / Like

1) I casually know one of the gals that pick people.
    2) There is NO hard-and-fast rule or rules.
    3) However, there are some guidelines.
    . . . energetic
    . . . smiling faces (faces that seem to "light up")
    . . . neat in appearance, aka "the Disney look"
    . . . no non-Disney logos (don't advertise for others)
    . . . clothing with Disney logos is optional *
    . . . less than 4-people * (not a lot of room in the vehicle)
    . . . no infants or very small kids * (behavior issues)

* These are flexible.

HINT: I you see a CM coming anywhere in your direction with a neatly pressed shirt or blouse and a ID badge hanging from a neck cord, be upbeat and lively.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: