Quantcast Southern Intercotee Meet!?!? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    When you go to Foley you are only 10 min from the beach if you take the toll road. I know there is a big motel near the shopping center too. Last year I went w/ a group and we got a block of rooms @ the Holiday Inn Express for only 89 a night w/ tax.
    It's a pretty slow time of year so maybe we can get a good deal. I'll check some stuff out. Anyone want to try to get a block of rooms?
    Tight or no tight eating, I want to eat at Lamberts... Pretty please. I lost some weight, so I won't take up so much room.
    And, it should not be too busy that time of the year.

There is a Comfort Inn and a Hampton Inn too.

Let me know when and where!!
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I also was going to suggest the holiday Inn express, but the one in Orange Beach(15 Minute drive) in December you can get an ocean view for about 90-115 a night. I stayed there earlier this year and it had been redone after Ivan and is fresh and clean. -I will not be staying over night-only a 45 minute drive for me.
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

My friend in Fairhope suggested this: "The Blue Marlin which is on 98 closer to Fairhope and Point Clear. They reserved the whole restaurant for our class dinner and the food was really good. There was a large room that held about 35 of us." Just throwing that out. She said Lambert's was good but small like previously stated.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

I think most of the "chain" motels give a group discount for more than 9 rooms.They do here, anyway. We will be staying overnight.Maybe we can do Lamberts once and something larger for the"main event"?
    Are we decided on a date??
    Frequent WDW visitor since 1976!
    Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age.And dreams are forever.....

Post Thanks / Like

Jumping on board here! I would love to participate. My mom is "Pixiesmimi" and has been telling me all about the potential meet. And when there is the possibility of shopping AND eating good food in one weekend, I am game!

Jennifer

'90~Grosvner Hotel
    '94~Shades of Green
    '03~Off property
    '05~Off property
    '06~youth trip off property
    '06~All Star Movie Resort

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever."
    ~ Tinkerbell

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I have to check the calendar and talk to Nigel (which would be appropriate I assume ), but at first blush, this looks like the weekend that Little Nigel's birthday party WOULDN'T be. Which is a good thing.

Plus, it's enticing to have this many of my favorite people talking about coming!

Put Nigel and I in as potentials, OK?

One more thing....

For whether we eat at Lambert's or not, it's good for everyone to know that they take only cash and checks. Nigel and I were going to go there last time we were out there, but didn't have enough cash to cover. So be prepared!
    MickeysGirl aka: Jamie
    Mrs_Nigel_C at your service! :)

And they lived happily ever after....

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have room for one more? I LOVE Foley! Spent many a pay check there! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Of course we have room for one more! Everyone is welcome!The more the merrier. Still waiting for everyone to ok the date and place or make an alternative suggestion.....

Post Thanks / Like

Anytime that weekend works great for us. In fact, if it changes to either the weekend before or after, we more than likely won't be able to make it.

Also, checked with Nigel, he not only said yes, he started digging through their reservation system looking for potential hotels.

Here are some of his results for rooms with King beds (this is a prelimnary search looking for what we'd need). These are not block rates, just rack rates some with AAA discounts. These are all located in Foley. OK, so the info is vague... Just thought I'd share the:

La Quinta Gulf Shores, $85/nite
    America's Best, $54/nite
    Best Western, $79/nite
    Key West Inns, $79/nite
    Hampton, $116/nite
    Comfort Suites, $81/nite

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you did. I was going to PM you but have been a little scattered
    I hope you all can make it. This is sounding exciting.
    The date was Dec. 8th? I think it's a great date. Post Football and Thanksgiving and before the holiday hectics. Another + is it's the worse time for hotels so great rates!
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGirl View Post
    Anytime that weekend works great for us. In fact, if it changes to either the weekend before or after, we more than likely won't be able to make it.

Also, checked with Nigel, he not only said yes, he started digging through their reservation system looking for potential hotels.

Here are some of his results for rooms with King beds (this is a prelimnary search looking for what we'd need). These are not block rates, just rack rates some with AAA discounts. These are all located in Foley. OK, so the info is vague... Just thought I'd share the:

La Quinta Gulf Shores, $85/nite
    America's Best, $54/nite
    Best Western, $79/nite
    Key West Inns, $79/nite
    Hampton, $116/nite
    Comfort Suites, $81/nite
    I wonder if the America's Best is the same as the America's Best inn and suites we have here. If so, it is a great place and offers free hot breakfast. Is anyone familiar with America's Best in Foley?
    I am thinking Comfort Suites... they usually have an indoor pool and hot tub. I will have to check into it.

Let's all try to decide on one so we can call and block off rooms... and beg for a discount.

Hey Jamie, tell Nigel that he has to burn us all some Disney music Cds as Christmas presents!!
    And Bobby would like some of those cookies for Christmas too. (remember, you lost me at the "sift" part)
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I just checked...
    Here is the info from the Comfort site....

The Comfort Suites® hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to the Tanger Outlet Center shopping center. This Foley, AL hotel is just minutes from the Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo, Gulf Shores Beach, Waterville USA water park and Pirate's Island Adventure Golf.

A variety of restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel. Several events are held throughout the year, including the annual "Foley Family Reunion" during the Heritage Harbor Days festival.

Guests of this Foley hotel will enjoy amenities and features like:

Free continental breakfast
    Free wireless high-speed Internet access in all suites
    Free local calls
    Relax in the indoor heated pool and hot tub. Be sure to take advantage of the on-site exercise room.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good! I'm game for Comfort Inn if everybody else is. I am usually scared of those who are half the price of all the other ones in town. I'd have to hear from someone who has stayed at the America's Best or whatever. Anybody up for the zoo also??? Aw, come on, we can pretend we're on the Maharaja Jungle Trek at AK!
    Last edited by tinkerbelle75; 09-19-2007 at 03:27 PM. Reason: kuz I kan't spell

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Here we go again... View Post
    Hey Jamie, tell Nigel that he has to burn us all some Disney music Cds as Christmas presents!!
    And Bobby would like some of those cookies for Christmas too. (remember, you lost me at the "sift" part)
    I remember, Angel! I've sent Nigel what you said about the CDs, I'll work on him. hahaha

Thanks for thinking of us Beth! I would have been more than appreciative, but glad I could find it and help out!

If anyone is interested in the link that Nigel has to book the room, just sent he or I a PM and we'll get it to ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle75 View Post
    Sounds good! I'm game for Comfort Inn if everybody else is. I am usually scared of those who are half the price of all the other ones in town. I'd have to hear from someone who has stayed at the America's Best or whatever. Anybody up for the zoo also??? Aw, come on, we can pretend we're on the Maharaja Jungle Trek at AK!
    "The little zoo that could" I checked the website and they are doing thier Christmas Party at the zoo on December 8th.

Website alabamagulfcoastzoo dot org

Unfortunatley Sampson(the White Tiger that was featured on an Animal Planet special) has been moved to the Marcan Tiger Preserve and is no longer there.
    Last edited by Iluvpooh; 09-19-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: forgot something

Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind-Rajah is the White Tiger. Sorry.
    Sampson is a Tabby (orange)

Post Thanks / Like

The Comfort Inn sounds good to me. I am a Choice Privilege Member and can get points for staying there. They usually have a pretty good breakfast if it isn't one of the small hotels. I say go ahead and block some rooms if everyone else agrees. Walking distance to the outlets also sounds good. Maybe if we block off some rooms, they will give us a discount price.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

That's sounds like a good weekend to me also! Comfort Inn has usually been good stays for us as well as LaQuinta's. This is so exciting!

'90~Grosvner Hotel
    '94~Shades of Green
    '03~Off property
    '05~Off property
    '06~youth trip off property
    '06~All Star Movie Resort

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever."
    ~ Tinkerbell

Post Thanks / Like

Count us in !!! Is anyone bringing their children??? Mine would love to come but I don't want them to be the only ones....

Post Thanks / Like

I think this may just be DD (fairies*n*fireflies) and me on this trip, especially if we are going to Christmas shop. You know when we are in serious shopping mode, the kids can't keep up with us.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: