Quantcast Walt Disney World Moms Panel Forum to Launch 1/08 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofysbabe View Post
    I also beleive that if you live close enough and your children are able to go whenever they want it loses some of the magic. Anywho THANKS!!!
    We live about 2 hrs away and have yet to find that to be a problem. Maybe if we actually lived IN Orlando.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Catzle View Post
    Anyone else not get it to work. It says I have too many words when I go to submit, yet at the bottom it says I have words left to use. I just can't get it to work?
    I had the same thing happen. Mine also got flagged for inapproriate content. I have no idea why. I'll try again tomorrow. I don't think it will be open by October. Thet will hit 5000 by the end of next week.
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    In case anyone misunderstood, you don't have to live in Orlando to be a part of the momspanel. It's all online.

Applications are being accepted until October 5th or until they reach 5000. It also states that you will only be notified if your considered for round two of the selection process.

Good Luck everyone!
    I just found out about this today and applied. I can't believe they haven't reached 5000 yet but I'm sure glad they didn't!
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

Post Thanks / Like

I just submitted my application. This would be the opportunity of a lifetime for me!! I would love to share all that I have learned with people who want to hear it!! My family thinks that we go to WDW too often, and don't want to hear anymore about it!!
    Karen

DVC Owners at SSR & BLT
    1994-Offsite Honeymoon
    2003-May ASM-1st Time for Kids
    2005-Feb AKL
    2006-May SSR
    2006-Aug OKW
    2007-May VWL
    2007-Aug SSR
    2008- May BWV
    2009- Aug Cruise (Wonder) & WDW
    2009 -Dec Last minute Christmas trip
    2010-May BLT

2011- Aug- DISNEY DREAM!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't do it because I leave to go to DISNEYLAND PARIS at the end of their December trip dates, so, oh well. I think DLP will be a better life experience anyway!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonah'smom View Post
    I just sent in my application, but only after did I read the requirements. It says you have to be available to go Dec 8-12, but I'm already going the 14-20. Hmmm, guess if I get picked, I'll worry about that later.
    An extended vacation how awesome that would be. Just entered my app today.
    STEELER SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, and 2008 !

[SIZE="1"]1978 OFF SITE CAMPING
    JUNE 2004 POR
    JULY 2005 POR
    AUGUST 2006 POR
    JUNE - JULY 2007 POR
    DEC 2008- JAN 2009 POR
    JUNE 2009 POR
    JUNE 2010 POR
    JANUARY 2011 POP CENTURY
    APRIL 2011 Planning Stages

Post Thanks / Like

how do you send the picture?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sainter View Post
    I am not really understanding the concern about discrimination? Private companies can hire based on what they have identified as their particular "need". For example, I am not likely to get a job as a waitress at Hooters or to work retail at some of the hottest teen/young adult clothing stores. No expert here, but this isn't even a paid job anyway!
    See, but Hooters is a restaurant that is going for a specific demographic: males who want a certain type of "entertainment" with their meal. Disney World is not aimed only at children. I don't feel discriminated against as a male, I feel confused about why Disney would want to alienate a portion of the population. The idea is to get as many people as possible to go to the parks. Sure, you can argue that some women like Hooters chicken wings, but my point is moreso that I think it would be smarter of Disney to bring someone like, say, me onto the panel to help spring breakers. Moms arent the only ones who would want to use the service. Just look at the different kinds of people we get here at Intercot.

Quote Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
    DH and I are going to WDW in 7 days - do you think that counts as our trip within the last 12 months? The last trip before that was Jan. 2006 so that one wouldn't count...
    Can't you just apply in 8 days?
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    how do you send the picture?
    I think the picture is only for the finalists-so they can put it on the board.
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red Randal View Post
    , but my point is moreso that I think it would be smarter of Disney to bring someone like, say, me onto the panel to help spring breakers. Moms arent the only ones who would want to use the service. Just look at the different kinds of people we get here at Intercot.
    I totally get your point and I can see a valid arguement for a mixed panel that could handle a question from anyone who posed one. I guess my only thought that I could toss in the ring is that as a teen/young adult, I wouldn't have been as likely to go seeking advice as I would just hitting the ""World" and living up whatever came my way. Bringing a bambino along changes EVERYTHING!!! I was sure clueless my first time...I mean -- what do they have in the baby stations, what are my stroller options, what is this baby swap thingy I have heard about, where is the most convenient place I could stay to get back for afternoon naps...little ones extra magic hours, HUH? HOw safe is it to send my pre-teens to tomorrowland while I linger with the baby in Fantasyland.....

See my point -- there's just a lot more to think about when you have someone totally dependent on you. Again -- I get your point and agree with you -- not trying to argue -- just giving a different perspective to see it from. Also -- we don't know where they are going to plug this panel -- maybe it's on that family life web site????

You are absolutely correct in pointing out that a place like Intercot (and I would forsake it for nothing!!) is a primo example of how incredible a mixed panel would and can be. There isn't a situation that can come up on here that SOMEONE can't solve and it's AWESOME. I personally have asked mostly non baby related questions and always gotten wonderful responses...
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Why would i want eveybody else to know what
    i know. After spending about 40 days a year
    for the last 8 years my family has experienced
    alot. Example i don't like the fact that there
    are more people at times it used to be slow.
    There are cast members at all 4 parks that
    know me by first and last name. I will never
    tell some of the stuff i know about to a open
    forum

next trips

9-2007 ASMu
    10-2007 ASMu running 13k race at MGM
    12-2007 AKL Christmas with lots of family

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Just applied myself!!
    It would be great . . . but of course it did cross my mind that the site sounds very Intercotesque!! I hope that our loyal fan base won't be swayed!!
    I also don't know if I can take the time off work in December . . . but will cross that bridge when I get to it!
    Sarah
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are,when you wish upon a star your dreams, come TRUE"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anewvision View Post
    Why would i want eveybody else to know what
    i know. After spending about 40 days a year
    for the last 8 years my family has experienced
    alot. Example i don't like the fact that there
    are more people at times it used to be slow.
    There are cast members at all 4 parks that
    know me by first and last name. I will never
    tell some of the stuff i know about to a open
    forum

next trips

9-2007 ASMu
    10-2007 ASMu running 13k race at MGM
    12-2007 AKL Christmas with lots of family
    So don't apply.

But it seems to me you're benefiting from what you read here. What's the difference? Just curious.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

Post Thanks / Like

I just applied. Am I correct in that the application is just submitting the three, 100 words or less, questions about yourself? I didn't see any form for personal information. I too found that even though it said I had 3 words left, it asked me to shorten one by 4 words to meet the 100 word limit. Seems to me that they need to adjust their counter.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, unfortunately, it looks as though we are all competing against each other. I'm hoping for a little pixie dust to fall on my application, but may the best mom panel expert win!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Randal View Post
    They're coming for us! Disney is waging war on Intercot!! They want to steal our readership!!!

Okay, I'm kidding.
    I was thinking the same thing before I read your post. It sounds exactly like what Intercot already has going!

Quote Originally Posted by Catzle View Post
    Anyone else not get it to work. It says I have too many words when I go to submit, yet at the bottom it says I have words left to use. I just can't get it to work?
    I had the same problem. I worked so hard to get sentences worded just right to keep everything under 100 words. Then I hit "submit," and I had to change the first one by 12 words, the second one by 8 words, and the last one by 7 words. That's a lot of words when you are only allowed 100 to start with!!
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

This is awesome! I used to moderate on a women's/mom's board, and I loooooove planning WDW vacations! (but who on here doesn't, right? ). I planned our family vacation last year (for my husband, sons, and myself), my sister and BIL asked me to help plan their vacation this year (they're leaving next weekend), and while on vacation this past week, my mom called to say that my grandma asked if I could "check into options" and help them plan a WDW trip for next month! This panel would be an awesome opportunity. Fun, fun, fun!

Next up: November 2014
    DH, DS12, DS11, DD4, DD3, and me- along with my two sisters and their hubbies, ten nieces and nephews, my parents and MIL! As my youngest girlie says, "Yee-HAW!"

Post Thanks / Like

Ah!
    My son is applying for a job at Club Penguin.. I told him to hold off working for Disney till I see what happens.

Of course he ignored me.

I guess if he gets a Disney job I'll pull my application. Although I expect my work here (at Icot) for the last ten years may disqualify me as an everyday, regular person anyway.
    Last edited by Patricia; 09-11-2007 at 10:39 AM.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you who applied- how soon after entering your "100 words or less" applications did you get the verification email it mentioned? I've been checking my inbox and junk email box just to be sure that I didn't miss it, but I still haven't gotten one. I just want to be sure that it went through properly...

Thanks!

Next up: November 2014
    DH, DS12, DS11, DD4, DD3, and me- along with my two sisters and their hubbies, ten nieces and nephews, my parents and MIL! As my youngest girlie says, "Yee-HAW!"

Post Thanks / Like

I got my verification email the next day. I bet you will get it today.

Patricia, you'll get some great perks because of your son, not a bad thing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrownEyedGrrl View Post
    For those of you who applied- how soon after entering your "100 words or less" applications did you get the verification email it mentioned? I've been checking my inbox and junk email box just to be sure that I didn't miss it, but I still haven't gotten one. I just want to be sure that it went through properly...

Thanks!
    Oh gosh, I got mine immediately! Hopefully there was just a delay and you get your verification soon!!!
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: