Quantcast Is it OK to do this at CS locations? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    I think it all boils down to how you approach this. Some people are so wrapped up in their own self that they run to the nearest table even if they cut infront of someone with food. I have had it happen to me on more than one occasion. I see an empty table and head for it slowly as I have food on a tray only to have someone run around me like it was some kind of game. I have also seen people doing this and then taking ages to decide what they want before they go to order and then sitting and chatting for ages after. I have no problem where people have physical limitations or children taking a table but some people just take liberties. People have the right to live how they want to but I just wish that some people would be a little more considerate.

As for not being too offended. Some people are unable to have a polite debate on an issue without resorting to petty name calling. Fortunately not often here on the best internet forum

Oh I completely agree with those that run up and cut you off. It drives me crazy in CS places, in ride lines, the bus, etc. Like they have to "beat you" to where their going. We kinda wander around until we find a good spot. We also tend to stay from the crowded areas, only to maintain some sense of sanity.
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can agree that people running and cutting you off is annoying and inconsiderate and won't involve myself in that. But walking into a place and finding an empty table that will be used by the family to eat at that particular restaurant is not a crime. We usually have 4 in our party including a child. There are plenty of times we had to wait to sit and eat also. If a guaranteed table when the food is ready is what is desirable than a CS place is not the place to choose to eat in the first place. You get what you can when you can, without being rude or hoggish of course. Now if someone is hogging tables for more than their party that is not right either or lingering without eating is also rude. Our rule of thumb is Dad does the ordering and I take our son to the bathroom to wash up and than we find a table.
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

Post Thanks / Like

I have done this and I don't see a problem with it. Before kids, I always stayed in line with dh since it didn't make sense for me to just sit when there was only the two of us. Once we had ds, I would get napkins, condiments, etc and sit down to get ds going with his meal (this was before he was eating solid food and baby food took forever). This past trip in May, I always got condiments and went to sit down with ds (15 months) since I was pregnant and the heat was a killer. That all being said, if I saw one woman walking around with two kids, I would have given up our table on the last trip for her.

Post Thanks / Like

I have done this before and I have no issue with anyone else doing it.

The reality of counter service places in the park is that they are often very busy and it is hard to find a table. Since there are 5 of us in my family, we very often avoid counter service in the parks all together. If we do not have a reservation for a table service restaurant in the park we are in, we eat before or after the park.
    Most of the resorts have counter service places that usually aren't as busy as the ones in the parks. It can be out of the way, but I have found eating in the CS places in the parks to be so stressful because of how busy they are. It's worth it to have a nice, quiet meal.
    John/kmo84

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you get off suggesting that? Ever heard of altruism? Or is that lack of common sense round your way?

I started this thread to find out peoples views and reasons for doing this. Most of the reasons are perfectly understandable such as families and people with wheelchairs. I did not start it to be insulted by someone like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey91 View Post

And, this isn't a question of morality. It isn't fair to make those on the opposing side of this issue feel that they are immoral because they have common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Sounds like I'm in the moral minority again.
    I'm almost positive that Mickey91 was not attacking you, just responding to the above post.

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timbeccaf View Post
    We are a family of six. I find it much easier to have four of us sit at a table while two get the food. I t would be ridiculous to have all six of us standing in those crowded lines! I see nothing wrong with it at all.
    I feel the same way about our family of six. And it is really difficult to scout out a table when everyone is standing there with their hands full of food except the little ones who are wondering around making me a nervous wreck!
    1979 First time!
    Then 1988,1989,1991...
    2004 (1st time with kids!)
    2007 (1st time onsite - Pop Century!)
    2008 Disneyland (We loved it too!)
    2010 Sheraton Vistana Villages
    2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek (Epcot View!)
    Next up: May 2013 Gram, Mom and Daughter Trip!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazeedizneefinatic View Post
    If a guaranteed table when the food is ready is what is desirable than a CS place is not the place to choose to eat in the first place.
    Okay, then, what is? Think about it. By having some members of your party get into line when you enter a CS restaurant, and others get a table at that same time, you’re guaranteeing yourself a place to sit and eat before your food is even ordered, never mind cooked, ready, and delivered to your table… just like a table service restaurant.
    So, seriously, not arguming, asking – if a CS restaurant is not the place to choose to eat when you want a guaranteed table when the food is ready; and if by taking a table at a CS restaurant before your food is ordered you’re effectively turning it into a table service restaurant (where one or more members of your own party provide the service {and so, should be tipped }), what’s left?

Post Thanks / Like

I see nothing wrong with it, lines would be out around the corner and down sides of buildings if everyone had to wait in the line, and then you would see many more people wandering about with trays as well.
    I am in WC and we always get me seated first then hubby goes and gets the food.
    I see Nothing even vaguely Rude about it, now saving several tables you don't need that is different.

Post Thanks / Like

My mother and I wait for the food while the other three members of my family find a table. Having five people clogging a line is completely unproductive. Two people can easily carry the trays. Everybody else should have a few more minutes sitting in the air conditioning.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I do largely agree with your point of view that people should not generally practice table holding.

However I am VERY offended by your statement that suggests that we are somehow moral because we hold this point of view and others who do not hold this point of view are immoral!!! Please avoid such statements and help keep this site the FRIENDLY exchange of opinions we all come here for.

I missed the post from the moderator before I posted this reply so fortunately the issue has already been addressed but I still find bringing morality into an issue like this to be offense regardless of which side I am on.

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    We send one person (maybe 2 depending on the size of our group) to buy the food. The rest of us get out of the way by finding a table. I would much rather people take their party to a table immediately and not clog up the line to order. ... Plus, when only one person is in charge of ordering the transaction is completed faster thus allowing the line to move a little quicker. How many people do you need to place an order? The line to order has always been the most congested part of the restaurant in my experience so keeping unnecessary people out of that area seems like the right thing to do in my book.
    I totally agree and this is what we do. The lines to order are always sooooooo hectic and crowded that it's easier to have one or two people ordering. I have never had to wait in a food line longer than 10 minutes no matter what time of year I've visited. I wish Disney could teach the rest of the world how to be as efficient as they are! So I don't feel bad about having the other members of our party finding and saving us a table. There is nothing worse than holding trays full of food and then trying to wander around and hunt for a table.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting in on this late, but I feel if you have more than one or two people in your group it is perfectly acceptable. I can't imagine taking my entire family through the CS line when they could be sitting down resting up for the remainder of our day! The lines are crowded enough as it is! I also take great offense to someone trying to make this a moral issue! To me it is an issue of doing what you deem best for yourself, your family and also the other patrons of the eating establishment. To me it's best for all but one or two to sit, but that doesn't mean everyone has to agree. It also doesn't make me wrong. We all are entitled to our opinions.
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately a lot of people like to hog tables by splitting up with some in the queue and someone "guarding" a table.
    I think the tone of the thread was set with this line.

As a family of 6, we ALWAYS save a table while the other parent places the order. It's 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other. You get blamed for "hogging" tables, or you get blamed for standing in mile long lines with unruly kids. And for the record, I would do it anyway because I like to sit when I eat, and this almost always guarantees that.

I'd like to pipe in and say I hardly think this is a morality issue, unless of course that big, silly grin of yours is you yanking our chains.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I will obviously not win this arguement, not that there has to be winners and losers, however...

There are groups of people who don't have the luxury of splitting up and killing two birds with one stone, why are they penalized with not being able to get a table? I come from a school of thought that what's good for you is good for me, and what's good for me is good for you.

The problem is, tables are for eating, not waiting. I can hardly eat while standing up carrying a tray table with rugrats under foot, etc. BUT, those NOT eating can certainly wait while NOT occupying a table that someone else could be using to enjoy a hot meal.

Sure, you may claim it's only a few minutes, BUT I've seen places where probably 50% of the tables are filled with people that are not eating and tons of people circling like hawks trying to find a place. I won't get into the spilled meals, soda, etc. because of the unnecessary travelling. Those people are waiting for a family that hasn't even gotten their food, when in all probability they could be 3/4 of the way done with their meal in that time. They have just as much right (maybe more) to that table as anyone else, CLEARLY (by the fact tthat that already have food) were there first.

To me, everyone needs to follow the same rules. In all honesty, I don't care much what the situation is that makes some feel they are more entitled to certain "perks". I'm not saying that everyone needs to be in the lines ordering, but they certainly don't need to be sitting down either.

So yes, I do think that it's somewhat immoral for people to sit and watch someone looking for a place to enjoy their already paid for meal when they do not yet need to table. The question was, "Is this OK to do this at CS location?" and my answer is no, I don't think it's OK to do that. Unfortunately in this world, it's all about me. I'm learning more and more that's the way to play the game.

BTW - the "joke" was a play on moral majority, any number of words could have been used instead, none of which would have come off any better. It is what it is I guess...

Post Thanks / Like

To me, everyone needs to follow the same rules.
    Rules what rules? Are there rules posted somewhere for proper CS table etiquette?

I do think that it's somewhat immoral for people to sit and watch someone looking for a place to enjoy their already paid for meal when they do not yet need to table.
    I am sorry I really don't see how this is a moral issue. The world will not end if you get to a table before your food does.

We can argue this point until the cows come home. In the end we will all do what we feel is right.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

They have just as much right (maybe more) to that table as anyone else, CLEARLY (by the fact tthat that already have food) were there first..
    That is not necessarily true. What if I got there first but get in the slow line and someone comes in after me but gets in a quicker moving line. I always pick the wrong line! What does it say in the rules about that?

Post Thanks / Like

In the end we will all do what we feel is right.
    Or worded otherwise:
    In the end, I will do whatever is better for me.
    That is where the morality comes in. I'm done before this gets too far off-topic and ends up in the gutter.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Of Course Hold a Table

CS Seating at WDW can be just plain awful - not Wheee! Magical! at all.

It only makes sense for groups to split up with some doing the order and carry while others get a table and get napkins, straws etc. organized.

Has anyone mentioned the family of 7 gathered around the cash register all talking at once while Jennie Sue can't decide what she wants? Can I substitute shrimp for fries?? Ai, yi, yi. Why do I always get behind these folks?

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Or worded otherwise: In the end, I will do what is better for me.

That is where the morality comes in. I'm done before this gets too far off-topic and ends up in the gutter.
    You are the one pulling it off topic. It was totally unfair and completely immoral to twist CanadianWDWfan's words around the way you did.

Finding a table for your family is good common sense. I have two kids. They are now preteen and teenage. I can honestly say that I don't know which would be worse. Standing in a much too congested line with them when they were 2 and 5 or standing in line with them now. I can tell you that though they may not realize it, those around me are much happier that my kids are at a table somewhere. I love my kids and they are better behaved than some I have met, but they are kids. They bicker and fight and whine even at Disney and especially in line. I am sure that many a tray of food has been saved by parents taking their kids to a table.

I cannot believe that this has become such a heated topic and morality is in question over a table. Moderator, maybe this one needs to close. With DisneyRox and Rodders attacking people with different views, it isn't a happy discussion.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sit on it?

PS: Considering what a WDW vacation costs cant I sit at a table as long as I want?

I've spent many happy times sitting in a CS restaurant sipping a drink while my wife tore up an EPCOT World Showcase store.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: