Quantcast Concerns over trip come true! Venting!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Concerns over trip come true! Venting!

You may recall that I was a little concerned over some of the things that have been going on at WDW (rudeness, fighting, etc). Well it happened to us. On Wednesday of our trip we went to AK. Around 1130am we decided to go to Restaurantosaurus for lunch. My wife and I got in line and the kids went to look for a table. We got our food and my daughter was standing next to a table so we went over to her. The group got up and we sat down. This is where everything gets bad! A man jumps in and says this is his table. My wife asks one of the ladies getting up if my daughter was there first and she said yes. I told him that my daughter had been holding the table. He replied that how would I know because I was getting the food. We asked the lady again and she said my daughter was there first. I told everyone to just sit down and eat. He wouldn't leave. He said it was his table. I asked him if was going to take a table from a 10yr old little girl? He then proceeded to get as close to my face as possible (His breath about killed me) and told me we needed to take this outside and settle it. I had no intention of getting thrown out of the park, so I told him to grow up go back to his vacation. He still wouldn't leave so I told him he was a moron and to go back to his vacation again. After another couple of mins he sets at the table behind us. After eating we left to go the Nemo. We just miss the show and turn around to go to Primevil Whirl. He has now followed us out of the restaurant and is trying to fight me. I walked away but he follows us to the ride. He threatens me again and I tell him to just go back to his family. But he continues to follow us to the fast pass entrance where we finally lose him.
    What kind of person tries to start a fight at WDW? And over a table? The vacation just went downhill from there. Maybe I'll get up enough courage to write trip reports soon. I just want to forget everything right now. Sorry it was so long. I just needed to vent.
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I'm so sorry that happened to you. I can see how it would put a damper on the trip. I hope the rest of it went better. I'm not sure why people like that go to Disney
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry that had to happen! I can't explain why people do these types of things, but there are always some wherever you go! They seem to be miserable and are only happy when they make others so.
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdrlkr View Post
    (His breath about killed me)
    Would that smell be alcohol related? That story is unreal...did you consider trying to find security?
    1995 - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
    1997 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2005 - All-Star Music & Movies
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I feel really, really bad for you and your family. I was trying to think about what you could have done differently, and I'm at a loss.

My only suggestion would be to try and vent for a while then forget about it because (sadly) I bet the idiot who caused the trouble has forgotten about it. (It seems that rude people don't lose sleep over their rudeness.)
    Last edited by ElenitaB; 09-03-2007 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Edited per TOS

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry that this happened to you and your family. I can only imagine how your DD felt. I think I would have sought out a CM as the other party definitely seemed to be in need of some sort of official "time out." The worst part is that it affected the rest of your vacation.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!! How horrible!! But Kudos to you for keeping a cool head! I can think of many ways that this situation could have gone terribly and perhaps tragically wrong.
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

It is frustrating when you are walking around with food going cold and half of the tables are taken up by people "guarding" tables. I find it as annoying as queue jumping but starting a fight over it

I hope that your family wasn't too upset by the whole ordeal. There is no place for that kind of violent behaviour anywhere
    Past trips
    1980 - DisneyWorld somewhere ;)
    2000 - Disney's All Stars
    2005 - Honeymoon @ POP Century
    2008 - POFQ

Man I need to get there more often

Post Thanks / Like

That's crazy. I would've gone to security.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! And after you were worried about just this kind of thing. We experienced less rudeness and obnoxious behavior this time around, it seemed. But you hit the jackpot.

I've seen other reports that Restaurantosaurus was overcrowded. We had both of our CS AK meals at Flametree Barbecue and had no big lines and no trouble finding tables. It seems Flametree was the safer choice, in more ways than one. Again, I'm really sorry this kind of thing happened to you.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip View Post
    Would that smell be alcohol related? That story is unreal...did you consider trying to find security?
    No, it was not alcohol just bad breath. We did speak to a cast member and the manager of the French Quarter, although nothing was done.
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    It is frustrating when you are walking around with food going cold and half of the tables are taken up by people "guarding" tables. I find it as annoying as queue jumping but starting a fight over it

I hope that your family wasn't too upset by the whole ordeal. There is no place for that kind of violent behaviour anywhere
    It was not that crowded. Only about a 5 min. wait for a table. But I wasn't about get up after already sitting down.
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT

Post Thanks / Like

That's terrible! You should have had a manager called over immediately but definately had someone in your family find the closest CM when he followed you around the park. I'm glad you and your family weren't harmed. I hope the rest of your trip went more smoothly - please try to forget only this one event and not the whole trip. And please try to work up the courage to share the trip with us! It might make you feel better!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I'm proud of you for keeping a cool head.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

What was a CM and a manager at French Quarter supposed to do about the situation you experienced in AK?
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

I applaud You on Your calmness! Unfortunately, I have an absolute zero tolerance with bullies. I , (and I am not proud of this) probably would have taken care of the problem right at the table. Yes, I would have been in jail, ruined my trip, and ruined other peoples vacation also. I have both the size and power to teach bullies lessons , but I am usually the one that pays for it in legal fees. You are a much bigger and better person than I am, and You set a fantastic example for your children!! In my opinion You are not venting. There are evil people everywhere. Even in Disney.

mttafire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
    That's crazy. I would've gone to security.
    Yep. If someone gets in my face...Thats a threat. I wouldnt advise it..
    Also, I would have called security. Im close to 100% sure this person WAS drunk. I dont see how one could act this way sober.

Post Thanks / Like

man, I'm so sorry! Sometimes us real men get into situations with boys in adult bodies who think fights solve everything. I am an ameteur boxer, and have knocked out every person I've fought, and EVEN I KNOW that fighting outside the ring solves nothing! I am pretty laid back on purpose, because I don't want to start anything, and even more so on vacation. I had a run in or two on a couple of vacations, but I just always let them go. I don't need to teach anyone lessons, it's MY vacation, and I don't want to waste any time on anyone else. I would have let the loser have the table, and gone about my vacation. Would have that been the right thing to do? No, he didn't deserve it, but it's better to sometimes let things go to avoid problems. That's what I would have done, since if I knock out someone in the ring, I get applause. I I knock out someone outside the ring, I get handcuffs. Let it go, and save the stress for everyday life. Hope next visit goes better!
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry this happened to you. Almost makes me not want to bring my sis, who has never been there, or go too much more myself. Is there a # for security or the police dept?
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

people like him should not be allowed to vacation in disney...they just ruin it for everyone else.
    Jan 1991--Off-site Condo
    Jan 1995--Off-Site Condo
    April 1998- Off-site & Dixie Landings
    Sept 2007- CBR (1st trip with husband...make that BWI...just upgraded 06/06/07...YEAH!!!
    )

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: