Quantcast an outburst at the Hall of Presidents - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOLITRIN View Post
    Wouldn't it have been a hoot if a couple of CM's came out dressed like the secret service personnel and took him out. of the building..
    I do believe that having the Secret Service "Suits" as standard CM costume for the exibit would be really cool. After all, this is a hall full of presidents!
    "But you've read it twice!" -The Bookseller

02-1987 Off-Site, 09-2005 Pop Century, 09-2006 Pop Century,
    09 2007 All-Star Sports

Next trip: 09-2006

Yes, I am a Browncoat.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McGoofy View Post
    Is this typically allowed? A few weeks ago, our family went to the Hall of Presidents. When it came to the part where all of the presidents get introduced, a man in the crowd began to "boo" really loudly and make a scene when George Bush was introduced and kept at it to the point where we couldn't hear much of what was being said when George Bush was making the speech. Now I understand that everyone has different feelings about the president, but is it really necessary to display them during a WDW attraction? Regardless of whether or not you like the current president, shouldn't you still be respectful? And if not respectful for the president, at least respectful of the other guests that are trying to hear the show? I was really surprised that a CM did not ask this man to be quiet. Has anyone else witnessed such an outburst at the Hall of Presidents?
    I've never had experienced anyone heckling at THOP, but I have heard (and been apart of) when the crowd would groan when Michael Eizner was in the One Man's Dream movie in MGM/DHS.
    Last edited by Carol; 08-29-2007 at 10:09 PM.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen2006 View Post
    Although I have wanted to boo, I would never let my disdain for a politician ruin someone else's viewing of HoP. I keep it in during the show, then give my family an earful when its over. In fact, I usually skip this attraction because it brings up feelings and who wants to be angry at WDW? I don't know why someone with so little self-control would even go into the HoP. He must have known that W was depicted in the show, why put himself and the other people in the theater in that position?
    Quote Originally Posted by LoriMistress View Post
    I've never had experienced anyone heckling at THOP, but I have heard (and been apart of) when the crowd would groan when Michael Eizner was in the One Man's Dream movie in MGM/DHS.
    Agreed!

The first time several times I've seen HoP, President Lincoln was the one who stood and spoke. Fast forward until 2005, I didn't know they changed the attraction. When I saw Bush get up and speak, my mother shot me a dirty look as to say "keep quiet".

Although I have extremely strong oppinions, I would neve ruin anybody else's experience. It's not fair to kids who don't have political opinions. I probably would have snickered at a quick boo but loud, obnoxious booing is uncalled for.
    Last edited by Carol; 08-31-2007 at 09:41 AM.
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snifflesmcg View Post
    Agreed!

The first time several times I've seen HoP, President Lincoln was the one who stood and spoke. Fast forward until 2005, I didn't know they changed the attraction. When I saw Bush get up and speak, my mother shot me a dirty look as to say "keep quiet" as she knows I how feel (how we both feel).

Although I have extremely strong oppinions, I would neve ruin anybody else's experience. It's not fair to kids who don't have political opinions. I probably would have snickered at a quick boo but loud, obnoxious booing is uncalled for.
    The person that's forcing their opinions towards others just look stupid. It's like, Wow, I'm so cool for yelling my non-witty opinions in the HOP, because arguing at an AA of Bush Jr. is gonna make me look so cool and smart! I'm as smart at Petter Griffen.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

For my Honeymoon in November 2003, most people actually booed for Clinton and cheered for GW Bush while a few Clinton "supporters" booed while everyone was cheering for GW Bush. The hall wasn't very full and I think people were making mild political statements likely due to the mix of people in the room (by chance). This was just during the introductions, though, and not while the characters were actually speaking and not disruptive. However, this is inappropriate as WDW has a large diversity of people and it is hardly effective to boo a robot.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

The reality is every past, present and future president will have people who will strongly disagree with how they run the country. Even our most beloved presidents had haters. WDW HOP is not the place for big or little boo's. Cheers and jeers need to be left at the door!!

As a mom of 3, I love this attraction as it is a way for the kids to recieve a little bit of our presidential history in a very entertaining way. My two older kids (8,12) both have it on their list of favorite things to do this year. I would not want to have to take time from our trip explaining away some rude reactions or try answering the why questions that would follow!

I bet you any amount of money if someone booed that guy as they exited he would have copped an attitude or took a tantrum. Actually as I read through the posts the second time it made me think of the v8 commercial... you know where they get smacked on the head with the "what are ya thinking" look!!

Here is hoping we NEVER encounter a rude guest at Disney!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile an outburst at the Hall of Presidents

Never seen anything out of the ordinary at Hall of Presidents. Very surprising that it was allowed to continue.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if he would yell at POTC - ya know? Those pirates are still selling women into bondage.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if he would yell at POTC - ya know? Those pirates are still selling women into bondage.
    I could just picture it!! Talk about politically correct!!!

mttafire Guest

Its sad that people cant respect the leader of the free world for crying out loud. WDW is indeed a MAJOR part of Americana.
    Last edited by Melanie; 08-30-2007 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Please review Carol's post on page 1

Post Thanks / Like

What a sad man ..respective of politics but if he cant distinguish between a show and reality then this man needs serious help

Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    No, after the PC refurb, the women are simply part of a charity auction to benefit out of work audioanimatronics.

Rachel yells at people using flash photos on dark rides. I couldn't imagine what would happen if she was in the theatre when someone booed the president.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anewvision View Post
    We all applauded in 10-2001
    Yeah, it was the same way when we were there on 9/20/01. The entire theater cheered and applauded. It was very cool.

I've heard the occasional quick boo over the past few years, and while tacky, at least it was only for a few seconds. The guy that the OP was talking about was just ridiculous. Like a lot have said, whether or not you like the president doesn't matter....respect the office of the president.

The lack of intelligence with that guy is just astounding.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

The guy should have been thrown out if you ask me. I have walked out of concerts where the musicians have ranted about politics. I paid good money to see shows not spew garbage about politics. I would have told him to shut or leave. But that is just me...

Post Thanks / Like

When political disagreement turns to hatred, this is what you get. People become disconnected from reality and rationality. I certainly disagree with some of the political message in the "Circle of Life" environmental film at Epcot, but I'm not about to stand up and boo or shout at Simba.
    Disney Vacation Club Members: June 2008

Trips to WDW Since May 1996: 28
    Disney Cruises Since May 2007: 5

Trip #29: 01/2012: 5 Nights OKW

Cruise #6: 07/2012: Disney Magic Cruise to Canada

Post Thanks / Like

I guess this guy spent a little too much time over at Peter Pan's flight and Never Grew Up!

Like a previous comment mentioned I wonder if he was one fry short of a happy meal and didn't realize he was jeering a robot.

Just Curious though what is the proper response of a CM for this issue? ie how are they trained to handle this?
    2014 POR Alligator Bayou & Beach Club.
    1978-2007 Several Visits off Property.

"Come to the Tiki Room...No one ever takes a Siesta"

"Parents hold your kids by the hair and we're clear"

"I am happy to see they brought back Orange Bird!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip View Post
    I wonder if he even knew he was booing essentially a robot. Hope he felt manly doing so.
    the norm.
    LOL! Very true! That man just probably wanted to impress a girl or something. That guy is just a loser.

Post Thanks / Like

What a classy guy.
    Keven

06/76 Disneyland
    06/05 PoP Century - First time for the kids
    08/06 PoP Century - Celebrating DD's B-Day
    07/07 Pop Century - Celebrating DW's B-Day
    06/11 Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

WDW is not the place to make one's political views known. And it's especially rude to make any kind of disturbance -- with or without political overtones -- in a public place, especially one where everyone is trying to listen and be respectful.

Having said that, this is America, and that freedom is what sets us apart from many other countries.

You just can't make someone be polite or respectful, unfortunately.

**mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip;1402027]I wonder if he even knew he was booing essentially a robot. Hope he felt manly doing so.

LOL! I love my fellow intercotees!
    Dawna
    TTA Traveler

Feb. 1989 - Honeymoon Offsite
    Feb. 2004 - Contemporary
    June 2005 - Coronado Springs/Swan
    Feb. 2006 - Downtown Disney
    April 2007 - Boardwalk
    October Food & Wine 2007 Boardwalk Villas
    Jan. 2008 - Boardwalk

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: