Quantcast an outburst at the Hall of Presidents

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Default an outburst at the Hall of Presidents

Is this typically allowed? A few weeks ago, our family went to the Hall of Presidents. When it came to the part where all of the presidents get introduced, a man in the crowd began to "boo" really loudly and make a scene when George Bush was introduced and kept at it to the point where we couldn't hear much of what was being said when George Bush was making the speech. Now I understand that everyone has different feelings about the president, but is it really necessary to display them during a WDW attraction? Regardless of whether or not you like the current president, shouldn't you still be respectful? And if not respectful for the president, at least respectful of the other guests that are trying to hear the show? I was really surprised that a CM did not ask this man to be quiet. Has anyone else witnessed such an outburst at the Hall of Presidents?
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As it is said, there is a time and place for everything...at WDW is definatley not the place!!! I would have gone immediatly and gotten a CM. There are many of the presidents that do not have the best reputations, but the Hall of Presidents is not a political event. I would hope that Disney does not normally allow that behaivior to continue.
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Even my children have been taught that even if you do not like the President, you MUST still respect the position of President. How disappointing
    jen
    ASM Sept. 2009 for 20th Anniversary
    PORS Oct 2007
    PORS Oct 2005 with Aunt and Uncle
    AKL Oct 2004
    ASSp Oct 2003
    ASM Oct 2002
    Off Prop. Oct 2000

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if he even knew he was booing essentially a robot. Hope he felt manly doing so.

All our recent viewings at the Hall have been with very respectful audiences. I hope this is the norm.
    1995 - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
    1997 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2005 - All-Star Music & Movies
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I agree its sad that a CM didn't respond to that. I don't think it matters if you like the president or not. Displaying this in the Hall of Presidents isn't the right place to do so. All that he did was disturb the people around him. If he doesn't like to hear the president speak then why go into the Hall of Presidents? If he didn't know President Bush spoke then when he saw this and didn't like him why not just leave? Also, What are you really going to accomplish by booing a AA?
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Regardless of political opinions - it's disrespectful.

MODERATOR ALERT
    This topic is not to turn political or ugly. It will be closed immediately. It's not a thread in which to state your political views or feelings!!
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I find this to be completely unacceptable. There is a time and place for everything, and HoP is not somewhere to express your political views. I would be livid if my children were exposed to something like that.
    I'm surprised that the CMs didn't do something. How did the other guests react?
    Last edited by Carol; 08-29-2007 at 01:31 PM.
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

That's not surprising, but still disappointing. My parents and grandparents had the presidental scandals of their time (and still feel pretty strongly), but there is absolutely a time and place for such things.
    Last edited by Carol; 08-29-2007 at 01:32 PM.
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter how anyone feels about the president, this runined someone's visit to the Hall of Presidents. That in it's self is a crime. With soaring prices, about 50% of those people in there might have this one opportunity to see this exhibit and now it is ruined. He should have been asked to leave.

Post Thanks / Like

How tacky and rude! I guess he didn't understand that it was only an animatronic representation of the real Gerorge Bush. It would've taken eveyrthing I had in me NOT to yell out to the guy "SHUT UP or GET OUT".

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time with ignorant people when I'm at Disney. I make it a point to clumsily step over people who don't move all the way to the end of the row in shows where there told to do so.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Furtunately I've never had such an experince at any Disney attraction. It must have definatley taken away from the Disney Magic that we all love. Sorry for you poor experience!
    Pooh Fan
    DVC Member- Home Resort SSR
    Sep 2000 - CBR & Dis Wonder
    Sep 2004 - OKW
    Sep 2006 - Pop
    Sep 2008 - OKW
    Feb/Mar 2009 - Off Site
    Sep 2009 - AKV
    Sep 2011 - OKW
    Sep 2012 - Paradise Pier
    Sep 2013 - Offsite and AKV
    Sep 2014 - ASM
    Nov 2015 - SSR
    May 2018 - OKW/AKV Kidani
    Jan 2020 - SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martinfamily5 View Post
    Even my children have been taught that even if you do not like the President, you MUST still respect the position of President. How disappointing
    Exactly! Whether you like the man or not, you still must be respectful not only of his position as leader but you must also be respectful of those around you. We've taught our DD's the same thing.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

While I haven't witnessed an outburst as you describe, I have heard many a snicker during the show for many of the different presidents.

Post Thanks / Like

We have not gone to the Hall of Presidents since we started taking our boys. We didn't think that they would truly appreciate the attraction and become bored. Now that they are older, we are planning on sitting thru it once. I hope it will be a pleasant experience.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Disrespectful, rude, inconsiderate and not the slightest bit surprising.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I wish someone had booed the guy. Disney is place where you park that stuff at the gate.
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is surprising that a CM didn't intervene. They are usually pretty good about keeping audiences in check. I don't think this kind of thing happens often.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip View Post
    I wonder if he even knew he was booing essentially a robot. Hope he felt manly doing so.
    I know, right! It's not like W could hear him... by making such a scene you are just inconveniencing the other patrons and embarrassing yourself. I wonder if he expected people to boo along with him or cheer? How rude.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen anything like that when I've gone to the Hall of Presidents. I also find that extremly rude. Someone giving a quck boo, or comment doesn't surprise me, but I would be surprised at someone who goes on and on during the show. I also think a CM should have stepped in and said something to him. I feel bad for the guests who were seeing the show for the first time.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Secretly deep down inside I hope the guy that was booing at our show comes along and reads this post. Perhaps he will realize how rude he was and how disruptive it was to other guests!!

In a previous post, somebody asked how other guest reacted. My DH let out a pretty loud "shut up" as did some other guests. You could see people whispering to each other, so others were definitely annoyed. The guy happened to be on the very front row, so he had no clue of all of the dirty looks he was getting. Again, what he did was wrong, but I think worse than that, I am still amazed that a CM didn't quiet him down or make him leave.

What's next-- booing Uncle Orville at the Carousel of Progress???
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: