Quantcast Affordable way to identify an Intercotee - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyCouture View Post
    I think that keychain is so cute. How did u make it? I like that idea to attach it to a backpack.
    I made the keychain by going on google images and looking up Intercot. I got the two images that are on the top and bottom of the keychain and pasted them into my microsoft works word processer. I then wrote what I thought was good in the center (stating as member and date joined or reader since) and made size adjustments till it was just right for my keychain.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the key chain! Now that we've changed our MNSSHP costume idea, I don't have anything to make so, maybe I'll make one!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

How many of you would answer if I stood in the middle of Main Street USA and yelled, "ARE THERE ANY INTERCOTEES HERE?" That is what we should do, then to answer yell out your screen names...
    Rachael

"Have faith in your dreams, and someday... your Rainbow will come shining through..."

06/06-OKW (FIRST TIME)

10/09-? (suggestions for 5)

Post Thanks / Like

I'd answer but I wouldn't do that myself.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd definitely answer! Any excuse to yell in public sounds good to me!
    July 06: Coronado Springs (Honeymoon)
    Sept 07: POP Century
    Feb 09: Port Orleans Riverside
    Dec 09: Caribbean Beach
    Jan 11: Coronado Springs

I blame this obsession on my wife...

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about buying a t-shirt so that people would know I as Intercot...but, alas, I have not yet. I like the key chain idea because I do use a backpack in the parks. I would talk to someone if I knew that they were from Intercot.

"Are you on Intercot?"
    "Why yes I am. I'm bellerose."
    "Nice to meet you. I'm your name here."
    "Hi! Nice to meet you."

Uncomfortable silence.....

"Well see ya!!'
    "Yeah bye."

"You are, by far, the worst pirate I have ever heard of."
    "Ah! But you have heard of me!"

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming."

"My friends must be punished."

Post Thanks / Like

I most likely belong to the other Disney board that clotho belongs to and they get a lime green mickey head paint sample fro mhome depot and put it on their bags and that way if ur a member from those boards u can meet each other.MAybe we should pick another color from there and make it ours.
    Me and Goofy r Goofie for each other !!!!!
    first visit 1978,1981,84,88,96,97,99,2000,02(honeymoon),04,09, looking 4 the next trip in 13! o the pain of the wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

I personally would like to see it be a unique button or pin to wear. That way you could see it as you are meeting a person walking or standing in line, etc. I think it would be hard to see a key chain hanging somewhere like from a backpack or something. We had no problem with people noticing our Anniversary button from far away or up close and think something like this would be good.

I would probably wave back at you but might not yell at you out in public.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleukarma View Post
    For the 10th Anniversary Party I plan on getting a cheap $3 tank top and getting those fabric lettering and putting Intercot.com and my screen name on the back.
    I went to a craft store last night to look into that, and that lettering is expensive! Especially since my name has 3 D's in it! The one I found only had two!

How do you plan on doing it inexpensively. I found a shirt I would wear, but I don't know about the lettering...
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Well you could get a shirt use fabric markers and letter stencils and make your shirt that way. It is a nice cheap way to get about the same effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey All:

Just to let you know, we are working on more "promo" sort of items that would be able to be used to identify yourself as an ICOT member... including lanyards, pins, light up items and more. And I'm especially working on keeping the price down.

This started out of looking for some nice items for the tenth party and has grown in to the idea to sell these things year round just for the purpose mentioned here.

So.... those going to the 10th party will see and get some of this stuff free and be able to get light up ICOT pins cheap. Then following the 10th, I'll post pics and start taking orders on the things that go over best!
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ariel03 View Post
    Well you could get a shirt use fabric markers and letter stencils and make your shirt that way. It is a nice cheap way to get about the same effect.
    BTW, for a total of $15 plus shipping, you can get the COMBO of an ICOT T and ICOT Hat right now in the INTERCOT Shop http://www.intercot.com/shop/apparel/combo.asp. By the time you buy the fabric markers and tshirts, you are more than half the way there and I guarantee these will last much, much longer...

Of course, you can't wear the same shirt every day so that's why we are working on pins and lanyards. BTW, the lanyards light up as well....

A few other items in the "labs" include a backpack, a messenger bag, a variety of hats, sweatshirts/hoodies for fall and of course, a few new shirts as well. I am always open to suggestions and great ideas as well.

Finally - let me see what I can come up with for a lanyard pouch card. We needed these for October - and maybe I can post a template and you can print.
    Last edited by John; 09-10-2007 at 09:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Love your sales pitch.

I've been meaning to buy a shirt but everytime I get to it something else comes up.
    Think I may just break down and get the jacket instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ariel03 View Post
    Love your sales pitch.

I've been meaning to buy a shirt but everytime I get to it something else comes up.
    Think I may just break down and get the jacket instead.
    Well, honestly, it is VERY Cool - and the logo is huge on the front and back. Not much I can do about the price as it's a lot of stitches, but if you do get it, you'll love it. I have 2 One from when I was a big guy and one now that I am the Mini JohnY.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the button idea. I personally am a big kid and I will walk around with the Mickey ears on. I would put the button right up on the ears. Too bad that we could not get the parks to do a special stitch in the name on the hat. Like an I or Inter before they stitch your name on the hat.

I like the idea of a key chain or such but think it might be hard to see.
    Offero

81, 82, 84, 85, 87, 90 - Disneyland (Off Site)
    83 - Offsite
    95 - Offsite
    00 - Kissimmee
    03 - Pop Music
    06 - Port Orleans/ Cruise

"The crowd which follows me with admiration, would run with the same eagerness were I marching to the Guillotine."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Post Thanks / Like

John, I enjoy the word... free... what is the free thing/things? Where would we get them, at the Illuminations meet?

I would like to wear my Intercot shirt from the donation drive... but I will get lost in a sea of navy blue I am sure (and I do wear it every day to work... I may wear it on an off day).

Speaking of my shirt.... where did I put it anyway...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
    John, I enjoy the word... free... what is the free thing/things? Where would we get them, at the Illuminations meet?

I would like to wear my Intercot shirt from the donation drive... but I will get lost in a sea of navy blue I am sure (and I do wear it every day to work... I may wear it on an off day).

Speaking of my shirt.... where did I put it anyway...
    The free stuff is going to be given out to those who registered for the illuminations event. At this time, it includes a lanyard, light up pass, tshirt and canvas bag.

Buttons will be available at EVERY MEET and will run $5. They have the intercot logo on them and will light up at night.

Post Thanks / Like

New way to identify ICOTEES in the parking lot and of course in your town - and it's under $5

See - I told you I was working on it.

ICOT Euro Oval Stickers

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    light up items and more. And I'm especially working on keeping the price down.
    John everyone knows I love light up items.............. Sooooooooo whats the idea????? and how soon can I order????? come on you got me on the hook real me in.....

I like the idea of a download too......

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bellerose View Post
    I thought about buying a t-shirt so that people would know I as Intercot...but, alas, I have not yet. I like the key chain idea because I do use a backpack in the parks. I would talk to someone if I knew that they were from Intercot.

"Are you on Intercot?"
    "Why yes I am. I'm bellerose."
    "Nice to meet you. I'm your name here."
    "Hi! Nice to meet you."

Uncomfortable silence.....

"Well see ya!!'
    "Yeah bye."

Oh my gosh. That would be so awkward. I think tho, I would be able to talk to anyone from intercot and feel comfortable. At least I think so! I'll be meeting Buzznwoodysmom in November, and I'm really excited. I wish I was meeting more intercotees! By the way, for those of you who have met, not at an official meet, but just hooked up one on one, or family to family..how has it gone? Was it awkward, or a whole lot of fun? I am so looking forward to meeting my first fellow intercot member!!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: