Quantcast Rapper Costume for MNSSHP: Offensive? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

While it wouldn't offend me (nothing offends me...I'm pretty thick-skinned), I don't think it's necessarily appropriate for a party at a Disney park.

I was just watching a show about rap music (VH-1), and all of the violence, drugs, murder, degradation of women, etc. that has been linked to the rap and hip hop community over the years. The big stars are trying to change that image lately, but it's a long road. I just don't think that's something to represent at a Disney function.

There are so many great costumes (even non-Disney) that you could wear, that I think a rapper should be near the bottom of the list. That's JMHO, but it's how I feel. I have to go with your girlfriend on this one.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As a somewhat "former" CM at the park, go as who you want to go as. It's a Halloween party after all...LOLOLOL....But again, no profanity on the clothes, keep your drawah's covered, and ya got it, brotha! If you've never been, be sure and catch the second run of the parade, along with Hall-o-Scream fireworks. Be sure and get a Treat Bag on your way in to the park. You can start coming in for the Party as early as 4:00pm with JUST your Party tickets; no need to waste a day at MK on your regular park tickets.

Oh yeah - and have LOTS OF FUN!
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

wouldnt offend me in any way... but what day are you going? i dont want to see ya underwear lol and as a mom of a teenager who will tell you "mom you cant go around pulling people's pants up for them like you do me and my friends"

so,....... if some weird lady pulls ya pants up for you... ITS ME ...The Mom
    ill fight the urge not to do this i promise

have a great time on your vacation

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you Disney-fy the rapper image? You could wear a giant Mickey Mouse clock on a chain around your neck.
    1995 - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
    1997 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2005 - All-Star Music & Movies
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    Nope wouldn't find this offence although you can never have too many capt'n jacks in one place!
    Kirsten
    It's stitchs Kingdom now!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all of your input. Gf read it. Still opposed, but seems to be softening. I'm now favor, and I'm sure with the right accessories the spoof won't be lost on anyone.

Originally got the idea from 2 Aussies at last year's US Open (tennis). They and their little stuffed kangaroo companion had it going on. With over-the-top medalions as the finishing touch, nothing was left to doubt.
    "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. In just five minutes...."

Post Thanks / Like

Know what I'm picturing?

"Malibu's Most Wanted"....B-Rad.....
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip View Post
    Why don't you Disney-fy the rapper image? You could wear a giant Mickey Mouse clock on a chain around your neck.
    If you use a clock (a la Flava Flav) make sure it makes a loud ticking sound - that way if you run into Captain Hook he should get real nervous looking for his 'buddy' the croc!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Totally not offensive.

BUT... I agree with the others who have said that this is perhaps not the best costume for this particular party.

I think it is more fun myself and try to do something disney themed.

That said....

There was a little while back some T-Shirts that had Mickey, (and others I believe) sort of what's the word? "Rapper-fied ???" If you could even find that shirt, and make your costume match it, maybe add some mickey ears, you might look like you were one of his "crew" But that may be too "squeaky" for what you wanted...

First time @ Disneyland 1969
    Disneyland Resort Hotels: Disneyland Hotel, Disney's Pacific Hotel, Grand Californian.

First time @ Disney World 2004
    WDW Resort Hotels: Contemporary, Carribean Beach, Pop Century, Saratoga Springs. Next: 1/2009 Saratoga Springs

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: