Quantcast Tarzan Rocks vs. Finding Nemo The Musical

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Tarzan Rocks vs. Finding Nemo The Musical

Ok, so we all knew 'Tarzan Rocks' (Animal Kingdom) was one of our all time favourites, and i personally was devistated when hearing it was closed. But after finding out it was going to be changed into 'Finding Nemo the Musical' I expected a show that would top Tarzan and knock me off my feet.

Don't get me wrong, the costumes and effects were attractive, but not up to Disney standard and the music was appalling! Nothing near the standard of 'The Festival of the Lion King' or other Disney performances ive seen in the past. Ive just got back from my 9th visit to Disney and ive never been more dissappointed in a show before. I think this is one of the worst mistakes Disney has made in a long time and I just wondered what other peoples views were on this topic.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I was never a fan of the old Tarzan show. I only saw that show once and didn't even stay for the entire show.

I've only seen the new Nemo show on one occasion and I greatly enjoyed it though it was a bit longer than I expected it would be.

The good thing about Disney is that it has something to please everyone even though our tastes are all different!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I loved Tarzan Rocks. In fact, that was the only time that I actually went to AK on my college program. I really enjoyed the show and always get emotional to You'll be in my heart (it's a song we dedicated to my grandparents on a movie we made), so I'm not really looking forward to seeing Finding Nemo. I've heard a couple of other bad reviews about it.
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

First, to Intercot! I love your title!

I think you will find that there are quite a few people around here who did not care for Tarzan Rocks. Our family really enjoyed it. It seems to be you either loved it or hated it.

I did think though that it was time for a new show. We saw the finding Nemo show and again we enjoyed it. However, it seemed very slow to start. I sat there for a bit wondering "is this all?". After the first few minutes it picked up. The costuming and colors are really amazing but I have to agree with you on the music! It really is not what I expected from Disney.
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I liked Tarzan Rocks...not loved...but liked.

We both thought the Nemo show was amazing. The costumes, set, lighting, and music are all top notch, and very theatrical. It's an incredibly creative and entertaining show. I think Nemo is a much better show than Tarzan ever was.

Lion King is still my favorite, though!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine worked as a Disney Dancer at the Tarzan Rocks show, so we had a natural affinity for it.

She said Disney shut down the show mainly because of noise intrusion expected when Expedition Everest went into operation. Also, she said Disney was pushing back on the expense of shows like Tarzan Rocks which require a lot of Cast Members due to the expense of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Finding Nemo - The Musical is absolutely exceptional. Perhaps Festival of the Lion King is a better stage show, but it's darn close.

The sets and costumes are amazing, and the music is catchy. I will not miss it. Tarzan Rocks was never a priority for my family.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you quite a bit. We liked Tarzan. It was upbeat and the rock music was pretty good but not really a "musical." I was disappointed with Finding Nemo. I mean most musicals have hokey songs but these seemed even worse than usual. Fantastic sets and performances, but the music was a real dud for me.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter and I were both really sad when we learned that Tarzan Rocks was going to discontinued. It was always a favorite of ours. So I went into the Nemo show still a little peeved. But the Nemo Musical for us was just the most amazing show we have ever seen anywhere on Disney property ever. We are both musical addicts, and this show is right up there with some of our favorites we have ever seen, even on on Broadway. For us the costumes, the sets, the songs, the talent was all top notch. We saw it twice in June and wish we had gone a few more times. We have a short trip coming up in October to see some Johnny and the Sprite Shows, and the only other thing she has requested to do is see the Nemo Show. She wants to get it on video so she can watch it at home whenever she wants.

I am sorry that your family was so disappointed. I fully expected to feel that way as well, but for us it ended up being a wonderful change.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    We both thought the Nemo show was amazing. The costumes, set, lighting, and music are all top notch, and very theatrical. It's an incredibly creative and entertaining show. I think Nemo is a much better show than Tarzan ever was.

These are my feelings exactly too I saw Tarzan once and never saw it again. I liked it, that's all. I loved Nemo and I'm sure I will be seeing it again

to Intercot **a_spoonful_of_sugar**

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here saw Tarzan once and never went back. I saw Nemo and really enjoyed it.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox
    Ok, so we all knew 'Tarzan Rocks' (Animal Kingdom) was one of the all time worst shows at WDW, and i personally was ecstatic when hearing it was closed. After finding out it was going to be changed into 'Finding Nemo the Musical' I expected a show that would be better than Tarzan and knock me off my feet.

The costumes and effects were attractive, topping those of 'The Festival of the Lion King' and other Disney performances ive seen in the past. Ive recently got back from my 42th visit to Disney and ive never been more satisfied with a show before. I think this is one of the best decisions Disney has made in a long time and I just wondered what other peoples views were on this topic.

That's how I feel...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    That's how I feel...
    Your flip-flop quotation of "yourself" is more creative than any of the music in Nemo... I enjoyed your post much more than the show.
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

pogo Guest

I'm sorry you didn't like it.

We really liked the Tarzan Rocks show... especially me, being a retired drummer.

But we both think Finding Nemo is one of the best stage shows we've ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleveSJM View Post
    Your flip-flop quotation of "yourself" is more creative than any of the music in Nemo... I enjoyed your post much more than the show.
    i dont understand

p.s. thank you too all the people who have given their views so far

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by **a_spoonful_of_sugar** View Post
    i dont understand
    Sorry, maybe I'm confused as well. I think DisneyRox quoted your original post but flipped it around to say the opposite and then agreed with herself.

Very cool and creative. I wish I would have thought of that sometime. I think I may borrow it from time to time...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CleveSJM View Post
    Sorry, maybe I'm confused as well. I think DisneyRox quoted your original post but flipped it around to say the opposite and then agreed with herself.

Very cool and creative. I wish I would have thought of that sometime. I think I may borrow it from time to time...

haha ok fair enough

im glad people have given their personal views
    maybe the music was the main thing that put me off nemo rather than the performace its self, after all we have our own indiviual tastes. i prefer something that is powerful enough to make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck, rather than something that gets me up and dancing

Post Thanks / Like

Actually Tarzan Rocks was not one of my favorites. We saw it once and then skipped it on subsequent trips. I like the Nemo show much, much better. We thought it was great. I had no complaints at all and will make a point to see the Nemo show on all my future trips.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Tarzan Rocks was good. Not great... but good. I was very impressed by the acrobats and the roller bladers. I'd only seen the show once. So, I may not be the best judge.

Finding Nemo, to me, was fantastic. I cried at the end. I love thinking about how much goes on behind the scenes to get everything to pull together. Really... amazing!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I really like the new show. Maybe it is because I really liked the movie. Anyway, I know it can be upsetting when a favorite attraction is replaced with something you don't like as well. Maybe you should give it another try next time.
    Dawna
    TTA Traveler

Feb. 1989 - Honeymoon Offsite
    Feb. 2004 - Contemporary
    June 2005 - Coronado Springs/Swan
    Feb. 2006 - Downtown Disney
    April 2007 - Boardwalk
    October Food & Wine 2007 Boardwalk Villas
    Jan. 2008 - Boardwalk

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: