Quantcast Facebook - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pink View Post
    Facebook is great, but I still perfer Myspace because I can make my profile completely private. With Facebook it's only partial, people can still stalk what you say to your friends vice versa.

Actually, there is a way to turn all of that off. I did it on mine. And it used to be that even if you weren't friends with someone in your own university, you could still see their profile, but you can turn that off too now. It's all in the privacy controls at the top right corner of the page.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been on Facebook for a year or more using it to communicate with a friend of mine who is serving over in Iraq.

A few weeks ago I read the post about myspace and noticed they had a Intercot group there so I did a check on Facebook and found an Intercot group and joined. It's great to see so many of us on there.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you see me there.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessimagineer View Post
    ALSO: i typed in "intercot" in the facebook groups and there is an intercot facebook group! (naturally i joined!) so is anyone reading this part of the 12 other people in that group?
    There's an Intercot Facebook group? :Runs and joins:

In all seriousness, I like Facebook a lot more than MySpace. A lot more of my friends are on it, and I feel it's safer than MySpace.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

There's an Intercot facebook group?!?!?! I'm SO there! I'm Janine (hence the J9!) Nice to meet you all!
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

Good Lord I'm old, this was all a blur.

The story is there was a post on here about a fellow intercotee and her doggie. Someone answered that they had seen pictures of her dog on her myspace page so I tried to find them. Let me just say that was the most confusing thing Ihave ever tried to do. I was looking at pictures but I think they were of her "friends" or something. Well needless to say, I didn't see any dog pictures.

Now facebook, yikes, who knew 33 would be so old!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Good Lord I'm old, this was all a blur.

The story is there was a post on here about a fellow intercotee and her doggie. Someone answered that they had seen pictures of her dog on her myspace page so I tried to find them. Let me just say that was the most confusing thing Ihave ever tried to do. I was looking at pictures but I think they were of her "friends" or something. Well needless to say, I didn't see any dog pictures.

Now facebook, yikes, who knew 33 would be so old!
    How funny! I know people my age that can't get around on those websites so age has nothing to do with it. Facebook is a little bit more "idiot proof" IMO. I didn't like it at first but now that i'm used to it I find it to be a lot less cluttered than MySpace. It's safer and doesn't have all of the spam like MySpace does. It's funny to see some of my friends' parents on there. I never though i'd see a 60 some year old advertising themselves for dating on MySpace. Dating websites are one thing... MySpace is quite another.

Post Thanks / Like

I just joined the group on facebook!
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    who knew 33 would be so old!
    33 old!!!!!! Yeah right.

I vote it's not age related at all. I'm rapidly approaching 50 and I've used Xanga, MySpace and Facebook.

I've used them to keep track of friends and family near and far. I also use Facebook group for my Venturing Crew to help distribute information to the crew about meetings and activities. They're all college and high school kids, and what better way to pass information.

I wasn't aware there was an Intercot group, I'll have to check it out. I know there are many Disney related groups including one I randomly joined call "I'd rather be in Walt Disney World", and one called "I wish I was at WALT DISNEY WORLD right NOW!!!" that created on a whim one day that for no particular reason has grown to 42 member, all but a couple of which I don't even know.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on Facebook! I'll join the INTERCOT group. Feel free to Friend me, my pic is of Goofy and me in LTT. Just send me a note with the friend request letting em know you're on INTERCOT.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: