Quantcast Life After Sopranos?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Life After Sopranos?

Does anyone else find themselves with a void to fill now that the series ended? Boy I miss it. I catch the reruns on A&E but it's not the same.
    Anyone find a good "replacement" to follow?
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have tried to watch them on A & E and I agree its not the same. I have started watching Niptuck. Im really getting into it. Im up to the beginning of season 3 now, I had to start from the beginning. Hopefully I will catch up before season 5 starts in Oct.!

No one will ever replace Tony. (Dr. Troy is doing a good job of trying though! )
    Everybody's got a laughing place!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I watch Entourage, but I watched that when Sopranos was still on so it's not really a "replacement" per se.

Honestly ... I don't think anything will ever be able to replace the Sopranos ...
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, there will probably not be any replacement for the Sopranos. IMO, that was one of the best shows of all time - it would be really difficult to duplicate that type of talent with the cast, writing, directing, etc.

I have to say, my HBO viewing has dropped WAY down since the show ended. I was a HUGE Six Feet Under fan too so I really don't have much of a reason to continue my HBO sub. Watched Big Love last year, but we just haven't gotten into it this year. I thought John from Cincinnati was just horrible. Never really got into Entourage and it's hard to sell me on a series once it's already been established. I'm one of those first on board and down with the ship people when it comes to television (been with ER since the beginning and I'm holding onto the life jackets there too).

Honestly, I think if Real Time with Bill Maher was to leave HBO, I think I would probably just go ahead and cancel. With Netflix, movies are only a day away anyway.

I still have my fond memories of Tony and the 'families'. I'll treasure that last episode and keep them alive in my mind just the way I think it should be. I can't get into the A & E versions - they seem to be really different. DH and I were discussing - even some of the storylines seem different. Maybe they needed to clean it up for basic cable?? Definitely not the same.
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1998 - Offsite (Our Honeymoon!)
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW
    2005 - OKW & Gaylord Palms
    2006 - OKW & Omni Champions Gate
    Most Recent Magic! - November/December 2007 - OKW & AKL

Post Thanks / Like

To me, if you were going rank the best television series of all time, Sopranos would fall somewhere in the top 5. Maybe top 3.

Figure you'd have I Love Lucy, All in the Family, M*A*S*H, Law & Order, The Simpsons, The Sopranos, Cheers ...

From that list I'd put Sopranos no worse than 3. It was an amazing, amazing show with an amazing cast, amazing writing, amazing stories ... It's arguably the best ensemble cast ever assembled.

I will tell you that you're really missing out on Entourage, though. Jeremy Piven alone makes it worth spending a 1/2 hour on each week!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: