Quantcast Disney's Hollywood Studios - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    [CENTER][SIZE=4]New
    "This is easily one of the most ambitious attractions rollouts in the 18-year history of the park," Crofton said. "With so many great coming attractions, we are thrilled to be launching a Studios year unlike any other. Wrapped in a brand-new name...Disney's Hollywood Studios."
    This statement is just sad. I have to echo the feeling of lame attractions. The only true one they have is the new Toy Story ride! And even that is just a variation on a ride they already have! A new parade? Meh. Didn't they already have a Play House Disney show? Another meet and greet? That seems to be Disney's band-aide when they don't have anything good planned-throw in a meet and greet.

Wouldn't this have been a good time to announce, say, a new Indiana Jones ride?

I do like the name though.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Disney's Hollywood Studios all I can say is Although I do have to admit it is better then Disney Pixar Studios that would have deserved a . Something that will be true though I Will always call MGM MGM I really can't see myself chaning that. All the times I have ever gone to WDW its always been MGM. I think for alot of people it will always be MGM I think that might be confusing for some with people calling it MGM and other calling it DHS or whatever it is refered to.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

I HATE THE NEW NAME!
    BOO!
    "It's called a salute to all nations but MOSTLY America"

Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count

Visited Disneyland Paris in May 2002

Disneyland & Cali Adventure in June 2007

Hope to someday make it to Japan, China, and back to Paris for Disney Studios!

Trying to steal the blueprints for the JII rehab!
    Post Thanks / Like

A new parade? Meh
    But BPB is soooo much better than the current parade!

Didn't they already have a Play House Disney show?
    Yeah but it's updated with the current favorites...

That seems to be Disney's band-aide when they don't have anything good planned-throw in a meet and greet.
    That's for the time being right now there are many plans for Disney Hollywood Studios! Right now there are two E-ticket attractions planned. One will be a coaster/dark ride that'll kinda be like the Crush Coaster in Disneyland Paris, but it won't be a clone but rather themed to Ratatouille. Then will be the huge reburb for Startours but that's a whole another story. The next E-ticket is supposed to be a lucas property attraction. So yeah there's gonna be alot of changes soon...

I do like the name though
    AGREED! ^_^
    Last edited by Figment!; 08-10-2007 at 07:59 AM. Reason: .
    "From the sparks, a fire will be woken. A light from the darkness shall spring. Renewed shall be ride that was broken. The Dreamfinder again shall be king!"

mttafire Guest

First off..I like the new name. It makes sense to me. Second..I have also heard the rumours of the "e ticket rides" being added. We'll just have to wait and see. In the past the "Hollywood" studios has been a 1/2 day park. In the future hopefully it will be a whole day park.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Sounds better than "Disney - Pixar Studios"
    Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Yea well, you think "Eagles" sounds better than "Giants".

I couldn't agree with you more!!!! In BOTH sections!
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

I like the new name better then the pixar one and I can't wait to see the new parade they have coming, sounds cool.
    -Nate

It's kinda fun to do the impossible.

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope they don't take away THE Great Movie Ride... or I'd probably never forgive them. The name is {bad} too, btw.... and it will always be MGM to me!
    *~Amanda~*
    Next trip: WHENEVER I WANT!!! Moved to Tampa, FL in 2009, so now I'm less than an hour away from my happy place!
    I was made & born a Disney nut... was conceived in the Hilton by Downtown Disney, in July of 1984

Post Thanks / Like

In my very humble opinion...

I'm up for anything. It's Disney.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what to think about the name change. I will always call refer to it as MGM and actually prefer that over Hollywood Studios.

As for the attraction changes, I don't think they are big enough changes to really improve crowds. I guess one of those things we will have to wait and see.
    Aug 2006-POFQ & MWC
    Feb 2007-DL
    Jan 2008-POP/DCL
    Sept 2009-Cont
    May 2010-POP
    May 2011-Poly/YC
    Sept 2011-Cont
    April 2012-POP
    Jan 2013- AKL
    Sept 2013- BLT/Swan
    Upcoming Trips
    April 2015- Cont/BWI

Post Thanks / Like

I mean honestly the only things I do regularly there are ToT, RRC, Muppets, and TGMR. Toy Story will add another ride that I'll do every time, but other than that theres not a whole bunch to do there. I know, or at least i would hope that, Disney is planning some E-Tickets for the Studios because the park needs them. I just think it is comical for Disney to say that this is the most ambitious attraction roll out when really I only see one true attraction to spend more time in the park for. I think this would have been the perfect time to announce one or two of the bigger attractions coming in the years to come.
    Last edited by Figment!; 08-10-2007 at 08:04 AM. Reason: .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    "DHS"

This will be the first Disney park to offically change the name of one of their parks if I remember right. It's going to take me awhile before I will stop calling it "MGM Studios".
    I dont think its the first park to change its name Disneyland Park in Paris was orignally EuroDisney.
    Miss you daddy RIP 08-14-04

Bring on my 23rd Birthday! 08-10-08

Post Thanks / Like

As or right now I am not trilled with the name, but I can't say that I hate it. I probably would have preferred just Disney Studios or even Disney's Movie Kingdom to go with all the other kingdoms. Of course I agree with other posters that I will have a hard time not call it MGM. After all isn't the people mover still the people mover? As for new rides, I wish they would have announced another E-ticket ride now, but I still love MGM and am looking forward to Toy Story Mania. What I really wish though is they would some how put a path from Rock and Roller Coaster over to Animation Courtyard. That dead end street with two of the most popular attractions causes such traffic jams with people coming and going.
    WeLuvBuzz

Post Thanks / Like

For all of the negative posters, keep in mind, Disney isn't going to announce a new ride/attraction until it is 100%. Just because the list that was turned out today isn't awe-inspiring, doesn't mean nothing else is coming. Disney isn't about to put out a new release that says, we're changing the name of one of our parks, see ya. There's always embelishment, no matter how small.

I would have like to see The Studios called The Walt Disney Studios, but I'm fine with Disney's Hollywood Studios. One, the comment about "Hollywood is our middle name", I like that. Two, Disney may choose to revive the Hollywood Pictures name, that's pure conjecture, but...

Everybody take a breath, things seem to be moving the right direction lately at Walt Disney World.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Moderator Note

Folks,

The INTERCOT Terms of Service is very clear that we do not allow personal attacks or arguments on the boards.

Several posts in this thread were clearly personal attacks/argumentative and have accordingly been edited/removed.

Everyone agreed to the Terms of Service when they joined.

If one has not reviewed them in a while, it is suggested to do so again.

Thank you,

INTERCOT Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the name's ok. I still would've preferred Walt Disney Studios.

I'm happy the Block Party Bash is moving along, not happy that there's another HSM show in the works. (I just really think it's a waste of time.) And as for "Toy Story Mania" opening in Summer, I hope there's some previews going on in the early part of May.
    Going back May '08.

My likes-POTC, Haunted Mansion, Muppets 3D

Looking forward to-Simpsons, Star Tours 2, Harry Potter, visiting Tokyo Disneyland and USJ!

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they just cut it down to the Disney Studios. Plain and simple. I do like the Hollywood in there since most of the streets and sections are named after Hollywood stuff, and come on, they do have the Chinese Theater, but Disney Studios sounds good as well. Oh well, as long as they keep the Muppets, I'm a happy camper!!!!

BTW, from the begining of this post the Eagles do sound much better than the Giants!!!!
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not thrilled about it. I will probably call the place MGM forever. The new name "Disney's Hollywood Studios" just sounds dumb. Calling the place The Walt Disney Studios Florida or Disney Studios Florida would have sounded better. No matter. At least they didn't go all Pixar on us.

BTW: Redskins sounds much better than Eagles or Giants.
    Clay
    Old Dominion University
    Class of 2001

I got bit by the Big Blue Beast and I loved it...

Post Thanks / Like

As for the name change...
    "a rose by any other name..."

2nd, the shopper in me is wondering... when I'm there in 2 1/2 weeks will everything that says MGM studios be on sale???

3rd. They really do need to add some rides. Universal is closing Back to the future, that's a great ride, maybe Disney could get it at cost!

4th maybe they will add some better counter service up closer to the front of the park, something along the lines of Flametree
    I also don't want the GMR to go anywhere. Maybe update some of the scenes though
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

I realize that my opinion is just another opinion, but I am very glad that none of the rumored corporate names are associated with this park. That reminds me of all the sports complexes and conference centers we have that change names every 5 years when a new company decides to fork over money for the endorsement. I am glad WDW rose above that. Hollywood is more of a timeless icon and invokes an image in our minds . . . . I think once we get used to it, this name is a far better choice than Pixar, ABC, or MGM.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: