Quantcast BronxTigger's Pre-Trip Report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool BronxTigger's Pre-Trip Report

Pre-Trip Report

Trip Dates: August 18-22, 2007

Trip Members: Me, along with Amanda, my cast member friend who will be meeting up with me throughout the trip. We were good friends in high school but didn’t see each other much afterwards; it’s been about 3 years since I’ve seen her. We are both very excited to see each other and hang out together at WDW. She’s been a cast member in the college program for the last few months and I’m her first friend to visit.

Resort: Caribbean Beach Resort. I requested Aruba or Jamaica; we will see what happens.

The Plans:
    Day 1, August 18: Jet Blue from JFK to MCO. I’m supposed to get in at about 9:30, but NYC airports are notorious for delays. I’ll be using the Magical Express. I’m a little nervous about the baggage claim part, because my luggage has a funny habit of catching the wrong flight. About half the time I fly I either lose my luggage on the way down or the way back. But, I’m going to try to trust this system because I want to get to WDW as soon as possible! After I get checked in, I need to head over to DTD to get my Disney Rewards card. I might not do this though. I might let my rewards add up for later; they don’t expire for a long time still. If I head over to DTD, I want to eat at Earl of Sandwich. After DTD I will go to MGM, which is my least favorite of the four parks, so I only plan on spending a few hours at this park. I want to do RnR and a handful of other things before heading off to the MK for the Pirate and Princess Party! The party starts at seven, but I want to enter MK a bit before that. I’m not planning to dress up for the party unless I can find something cheap between now and then, or if I just HAVE to get one of those Mickey pirate hat things.

Day 2, August 19: This is the only day Amanda was able to get off. She usually works evenings, so we hopefully will spend some other mornings together, but today we have the whole day. This day will start early, with a 7:50 breakfast at Chef Mickey’s (my only ADR of this trip). I haven’t been to CM’s for a long time and I’m looking forward to seeing the characters without having to stand on long lines in the hot sun. After breakfast, we will probably go to Epcot for a while. At some point, we will probably hop over to the MK because it is evening EMH and we can get in a few extra hours in the parks. We take a mid-day break to go swimming at CBR, but that is yet to be seen.

Day 3, August 20: I’m excited about the way this day will start. I signed up for the Mickey’s Magical Milestones Tour, which is at the MK. I have to meet at City Hall at 8:45. The tour is supposed to last about 2 hours or so, and the main topic is the history of Mickey Mouse. I chose this tour over the others for a few reasons. One, my trip is only five days so I didn’t want a long tour, but I did want a tour. Also, it is one of the cheapest tours at $25 ($20 with Disney Visa discount), so I figure it’s a good first tour for me. After the tour, I plan to hang out in the MK for awhile. At some point on this trip I want to get my haircut on Main Street; this might be the best time to do that. I think this will be a good day to have a mid-day break and head back to the hotel for a nap and a swim break. It’s halfway through my trip and with a lot of late nights and early mornings I think I might need it. I’ll finish out the day at Animal Kingdom, because it is EMH and I have never seen AK in the dark, and it should be dark by 9:00. After AK I will probably head over to the Marketplace at DTD to do some shopping or just head back to CBR for an “early” night.

Day 4, August 21: This day has MK EMH, which I may take advantage of, or just skip it and go to AK. My plan is very MK heavy, so if I do amEMH at MK, I will defiantly hop early in the morning over to AK. I also want to visit Fantasia mini-golf this day. My package includes a mini-golf voucher, and I fully intend to use it. Last year we went to WinterSummerland, so I want to go to Fantasia this time around. The rest of the day will be spend at Epcot, because it is pmEMH there. I want to get there early enough to watch Illuminations, because it’s the only day I have it on the schedule.

Day 5, August 22: Last day. This day will be spent doing whatever I missed earlier in the trip. I plan to start at AK because it’s amEMH there. My flight takes off at 4:30 so I expect I will have to be back at CBR ready for the ME by 1:30.

I'm hoping for an encounter with the Dream Team, but even if I don't see them, this should be a great trip!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great plans! Have a wonderful time! It'll be fun to catch up with an old friend!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if this rule still applies but when I went to visit my CM friend's they couldn't go to EMH with me because they aren't resort guests. Just something to watch out for.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
    I don't know if this rule still applies but when I went to visit my CM friend's they couldn't go to EMH with me because they aren't resort guests. Just something to watch out for.
    She asked about this, and about the pool. She was told that as long as she was with a resort guest she could go, and same with swimming at the resort. If this turns out to not be the case, we'll find something else to do.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you have a fun, safe and magical trip! And hope your luggage all arrives in one piece... if you have a direct flight there should be no problem.. it seems to be only with lay over flights that issues arrive!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time!! Can't wait to hear about your tour.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip!
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

How fun to meet up with your friend that you haven't seen in a few years, and she's a CM? Even better! I hope you have a wonderful vacation and that all your luggage goes where it needs to be.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

hope you have a great time!! and thats awesome you get to hang out with your friend again!! and what a perfect place to meet up in after 3 years of not seeing each other! cant wait to hear all about it when you get back!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

We might have to meet up for those Mickey bars! It sounds like you have a great trip planned. Enjoy Chef Mickey's- it is a good one! Have fun catching up with your friend. Maybe we will see you down there!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    She asked about this, and about the pool. She was told that as long as she was with a resort guest she could go, and same with swimming at the resort. If this turns out to not be the case, we'll find something else to do.
    I have an idea! Why don't you get a room key for your CM friend?? That way, there won't be any issues!!

Sounds like an amazing trip you have planned!!
    Tina

Life is a prize, live every minute...

Disney World x 100+
    Disney Land x 1
    Disney Land Paris x 2

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have a great trip planned. We want to hear all about it when you get back - and not in 2008!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TINKERBELL_82 View Post
    I have an idea! Why don't you get a room key for your CM friend?? That way, there won't be any issues!!

Sounds like an amazing trip you have planned!!
    I thought of this, but I have a package reservation, so I think if I added her I'd also have to add park tickets for her too, which she doesn't need. I'm going to have her ask again.

Thanks for all the kind comments, everybody! I'll be sure to post my trip reports before next April this time! When I went last August, the trip reports go put on the back burner...until April of this year! Oops!

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time! I'll be thinking of you!

P.S. JFK is much better on departure times than LGA... hope you're on your way on time and that your luggage makes it there with you!

P.P.S. Bring us back cookies!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fantastic! I hope you have a wonderful time, and maybe I'll see you around somewhere. (or I'll run around asking people if they are BronxTigger and get laughed at a bit).
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Let us know how the tour is... sounds like something I'd like to do in October.

Have a great time! Looking forward to your report!

TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Have a great time! I'll be thinking of you!

P.S. JFK is much better on departure times than LGA... hope you're on your way on time and that your luggage makes it there with you!

P.P.S. Bring us back cookies!
    Yes, I'll bring back cookies. How do the Main Street Bakery Toll House Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches sound??

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip!
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun trip. I cant wait to hear about the tour!
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: