Quantcast California Grill/X-Mas Wishes. Is it worth it?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default California Grill/X-Mas Wishes. Is it worth it?

My wife, daughter (5), and I have dinner reservations at the California Grill for the X-Mas Wishes fireworks in November. We are using the DDP and it is 2 TS points / person. We could not be guaranteed a window seating. I'm not sure if its worth it to use 2 TS points on a fancy meal, (which my daughter probably won't like) and, have the chance of not getting a good view. Can you see the show from anywhere in the restaurant? Is it a good atmosphere for children? Is it worth it to see the show from there or would we be better off going to the park to see it? Any info would bee appreciated. Thanks, Jim
    Jim aka PrincessASquared's Daddy º0º

DVC Owners as of August 1, 2007 at SSR!!
    2007 SSR
    2008 SSR

2008 - SSR
    2009 POP/BC
    2009 SSR
    2010 POP/OKW

2010 OKW
    2011 POP/BWV

Upcoming Trips
    2011 OKW
    2012 POP/BWV

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

For adults, it is no question to me that the CA Grill is worth 2 TS credits. It was one of the best meals I have ever had. I thought that the kid's menu looked a little bland compared to the adult menu. (This may be good for some kids, though.) If your DD is used to eating in nice restaurants, she should not have a problem here. The kids' dessert is cute (fruit sushi) and they have crayons for the kids. We weren't able to get a table during Wishes in March (but did snag one for October!) but in March the server told me that they would time the serving of your dinner around the show. You can stand out on the blcony if you don't have a window seat. The view of the MK is spectacular.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

yeah....the foods is amazing (try the peppermint ice cream if they have it).....and i'm sure your family will enjoy it......but don't fret about a window seat.....the balcony offers a spectacular view, plus you can take pics without the glass being in you way.....just bring a fairly warm coat or sweater, as it can get chilly and windy up there....
    DREAMS ARE MAKE-BELIVE UNTIL THEY ALL COME TRUE....

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is more treasure n books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main ... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life- Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Dont miss out on this! My Cali Grill dinner was one of the best parts of our trip in Feb. The food is great. We didnt get a window seat, but there is honestly not a bad seat in the resturant. The views from all over are spectacular. As for Wishes, Cali Grill has 3 huge balconies to view the show if you dont get a window. They even pipe in the music. This is definatley a must on all my trips.
    Have a great time!

Adina

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: