Quantcast Ticket Prices to Increase 8/5/07 [Merged Threads] - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jakk View Post
    How??? The only covention facilty is WoL (for the time being, it's not like it's gonna be like that forever), and the oddessy resturant. I think your overacting entirely, besides the convention places brings TONS of money...
    Money we probably won't see used at Epcot (the WS needs some help), nor will it reduce the cost of ANYTHING.

So, what does that money have to do with US?
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How??? The only covention facilty is WoL (for the time being, it's not like it's gonna be like that forever), and the oddessy resturant. I think your overacting entirely, besides the convention places brings TONS of money...
    There's also the Millennium Village which is HUGE! So, there is precedent for converting attractions to convention space.

Maybe that's part of the Oct 1st Announcement? A new pavillion? Spit it out!

Post Thanks / Like

That's so funny because out of the 11 years I've been going to WDW not once I have ever had bad experience with a cast member. But it's proabley just bad luck!
    When we needed assistance the most because of a theft on property of a camera, we got worse treatment than we could have ever imagined. First, the CMs we spoke with were suddenly worthless when we had a real problem. Disney Security came out and acted as if we had done something wrong and needed to be treated awfully for it. Finally, Orange County PD came out and acted like tremendous jerks about it. From the first CMs we talked with, through their manager, through Security, they treated us like they'd rather we hung ourselves than tried to get assistance and reported this incident. I will never forget what that was like. Despite it, we've warmed to the idea that we might go back to WDW someday.

But it's logic sence if the attendance is going up the you raise your prices, if your attendace is down then you decrease your prices...
    So? It doesn't mean that rising prices won't influence my economic choices. Rising prices are good for Disney, not good for me.

Which attraction are shutterd or even on seasonal stautus? Because I don't know any of them..
    Wonders of Life is the prominent one currently, which includes Body Wars, Cranium Command, and at one time Making of Me.

Isn't that how it's always been?
    I always thought Disney was good at not making you feel like they were after your money. I definitely feel like they are interested in money first and foremost these days and don't mind telling the world. That's certainly not very magical. Any business in the world can do that.

Trying to steal the blueprints for the JII rehab!
    Post Thanks / Like

Money we probably won't see used at Epcot (the WS needs some help), nor will it reduce the cost of ANYTHING.
    How? They updated rides like Granfiesta Tour, and O'Canada instead of keeping them very outdated. Plus who said that WS won't get any money spent there's plans for a E-ticket attraction and a new country in the near future (3-5 years) so saying money isn't getting spent in WS is a lie...

When we needed assistance the most because of a theft on property of a camera, we got worse treatment than we could have ever imagined. First, the CMs we spoke with were suddenly worthless when we had a real problem. Disney Security came out and acted as if we had done something wrong and needed to be treated awfully for it. Finally, Orange County PD came out and acted like tremendous jerks about it. From the first CMs we talked with, through their manager, through Security, they treated us like they'd rather we hung ourselves than tried to get assistance and reported this incident. I will never forget what that was like. Despite it, we've warmed to the idea that we might go back to WDW someday.
    But a bad experience shouldn't stop you from going. I'm sorry somthing like that happend but I can't relate to your experience...

So? It doesn't mean that rising prices won't influence my economic choices. Rising prices are good for Disney, not good for me.
    No offence but when did Disney care about one single person?

Wonders of Life is the prominent one currently, which includes Body Wars, Cranium Command, and at one time Making of Me.
    But to the average guest it meant nothing! When the pavillion was open in the past winters I only saw 3-5 people in all the time's I've been there. So whats the point of keeping a pavillion open that means nothing to the average guest, besides in my opinion the pavillion was very outdated and the attraction were medicore...
    "From the sparks, a fire will be woken. A light from the darkness shall spring. Renewed shall be ride that was broken. The Dreamfinder again shall be king!"

Post Thanks / Like

But to the average guest it meant nothing! When the pavillion was open in the past winters I only saw 3-5 people in all the time's I've been there. So whats the point of keeping a pavillion open that means nothing to the average guest, besides in my opinion the pavillion was very outdated and the attraction were medicore...
    So, with profits moving up and prices moving up, why not update it instead of mothballing it?

Post Thanks / Like

Walt Disney was an incredible visionary.

Build it, and build it like no place else on earth, and they WILL come. That's the magic of Disney.

It just so happens it was also a fantastic business decision. But Walt wasn't driven by profit/loss and balance sheets, he was driven by his vision. He had alot of "business" types continually trying to reigh him in, saying it's too expensive and too great a risk, but he forged ahead proving them wrong every time.

One thing you could never accuse Walt of was mediocrity. Walt never did anything mediocre.

I fear Disney is now run by business people. That's why you get mediocre rather than spectacular improvements to the parks.

I've heard many people say "Epcot is boring now".

But, I've seen some of the Epcot pavilion plans that never made it passed the business people. They were incredible!! Mission Space is only a shadow of it's original plans...again reigned in by the business people...too expensive...too risky. So what do we get...mediocre.

Disneyworld is like no other place on earth, but it is losing it's magic, milking Walt's vision to the last drop. They need a visionary at the head.

There should be massive investments going into the parks, not just new attractions, but whole new areas to handle many more guests. Unique and immersive rides, not just glorified roller coasters.

I would be happy paying the the rising prices if that were happenning, but it's not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneybob View Post
    I would be happy paying the the rising prices if that were happenning, but it's not.
    Indeed. For now they seem to be able to bank on their reputation, but I think it will eventually catch up to them. For the most part they have been able to maintain the illusion that they are actually trying to do things the way Walt would, but it will get harder as they continue to try and drive down quality of products and services in favor of quantity of dollars.

Post Thanks / Like

I happen to think that Body Wars and Cranium Command are excellent attractions. Let's think of the reasons why people weren't at the pavilion... hmm... could it possibly be that it isn't even on the MAP anymore? The only reason we even bothered checking it out in the winter of '05 was because we had read here on Intercot that it MIGHT be opened. Other than that there was nothing to indicate to the average passerby, especially one who had never been to WDW, that this pavilion even existed.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Rising prices are good for Disney, not good for me.
    Exactly!!

If Disney's success in park attendance is only resulting in higher prices without a commensurate increase in quality of experience, then it's a bad deal for the me the consumer.

It used to warm my heart when Disney did well, but no longer, it's only making them fat and complacent. Give me the day's when they were struggling, it was then I got special deals and promotions, bending over backwards to please thier guests....now they don't have to.

I'm convinced if they continue on this short sighted path, they will eventually pay for it with declining numbers.

If they keep (only yearly) raising prices at this rate, in 5 short years a single day, single park ticket will be over $100.

Post Thanks / Like

There is good news, though I'm not sure if it's been mentioned.

Even though the tickets have gone up for the parks in other outlets, the discount price of AAA is the same as it was for the time being. The rep told me she doesn't know when they're raising it, but I do suggest that if you're an AAA member, get it soon!
    Going back May '08.

My likes-POTC, Haunted Mansion, Muppets 3D

Looking forward to-Simpsons, Star Tours 2, Harry Potter, visiting Tokyo Disneyland and USJ!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaDracul View Post
    There is good news, though I'm not sure if it's been mentioned.

Even though the tickets have gone up for the parks in other outlets, the discount price of AAA is the same as it was for the time being. The rep told me she doesn't know when they're raising it, but I do suggest that if you're an AAA member, get it soon!
    Yes, I've mentioned this, somewhere on page 3. This happened last time they did the price increase as well. When you buy in bulk, you enjoy the price savings until they run out. Some less scrupulous ticket brokers could increase accordingly and just pocket the extra.

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to a cast member about the dicountinuation of the advance purchase discount when purchasing on-line. Per the cast member; the discount was dicountinued because of the confusion it caused individuals that wanted to upgrade there pre-purchased tickets when they got to WDW. Basically, when you went to change add an option on the pre-purchased ticket at the gate, Disney would charge you the addtional cost of the add-on plus, the amount that was originally saved. This as you can imagine got some people a litlle mad.

While understand the explination I am still not very happy with the elimination of the advance purchase savings option. My felling is you should know what you are buying in the first place and these people that need to add on after the fact should be charged. Disney should have done a better job of explaining this to the customer.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofyskier View Post
    Basically, when you went to change add an option on the pre-purchased ticket at the gate, Disney would charge you the addtional cost of the add-on plus, the amount that was originally saved. This as you can imagine got some people a litlle mad.
    Companies use this concept often. We've done away with your financial savings to save the confusion that some experienced when making changes. They could have simply included the information with the existing pricing structure, but it is always fun to spin the removal of a discount as an extra convenience for the customer (instead of a money grab, which is the truth of it).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: