Quantcast The World in December

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The World in December

Our first visit to WDW was Dec 26-29, 2005. Needless to say, we didn't get to see much of any park except MGM. By noon each day, we had to leave MK because the crowds were crazy. I had read about the crowds but I didn't realize you can't even walk without running into people. It was way too much closeness for me. We spent one afternoon at AK and one night at futureworld. Never got to World Showcase. This year we are going Dec 12-17. We added a day to try to get to see more of each park and I have read the crowds are thinner this time of year. My question is for those of you who have been there during Christmas week and also two weeks b4. Are the crowds really that much smaller? Also, if the crowds are really that much smaller is it as necessary to use the FastPass?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the crowds are considerably smaller, but still expect to use fastpass, especially for the most popular rides. Every now and then you'll catch a FP ride with a short standby time, but in general during December FP is always needed.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Compared to the crowd levels on your last December trip, the crowds will be lighter.

Our experience in early to mid December has been very good. You should be able to do most everything you would like.
    Upcoming Trips:

March '11 Beach Club Villas
    July '11 Disney Institute Seminar-Beach Club
    Aug '11 Wonder to Alaska
    Nov '11 BLT

DVC Member Since 11/06

Post Thanks / Like

Default ...........

If you plan your days right you shouldn't have too many problems with crowds.

Also, The World is a MUST during the holidays. All the Countries are decked out in their holiday splendor with many activities going on that the whole family can enjoy.

It's one of my favorite times of the year to go.
    Carribean Beach / Saratoga Springs
    Boardwalk Villas / Saratoga Springs
    Wilderness Lodge Villas / Saratoga Springs
    Saratoga Springs
    SARATOGA SPRINGS & THE DISNEY WONDER

Post Thanks / Like

December has gotten more crowded throughout the years. Each day the parks gets more crowded. But since you'll be going to the parks before Christmas, it shouldn't be as bad. I would suggest doing at least one time MVMCP. Buy your tickets in advance so they will be cheaper. If you haven't booked any ADRs, I would do that now because there may be less of a chance to eating at the restaurant you may want to eat at.

If you want to have a more enjoyable visit at the parks will fewer crowds and more time to enjoy the parks than I would suggest either The Unofficial Guide or Tour Guide Mike.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: