Quantcast End of Summer Trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default End of Summer Trip

I am trying to arrange an end of summer fling for my immediate family. My wife, myself and our four year old autistic son. He absolutely loves almost anything Disney, especially Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, & the Toy Story movies. We would be going the weekend before he starts back to school. Drive there Friday, parks Saturday and Sunday, and drive home Monday. We have decided to stay on property, and are thinking about the Moderate resorts, but not opposed to Value Resorts. Our plan was to stay off property Friday night and go to the hotel early Saturday morning and check-in (I know the rooms will not be available, but we want to use Disney transportation from the hotel so we could go right back to the hotel at the end of the day). I have been to WDW several times, but never stayed at a moderate resort. So I am looking for any tips or suggestions regarding the resorts. We are currently leaning toward the POR. We always get such good suggestions, ideas, and comments when we post here. Thanks in advance.
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We love POR. The grounds are fabulous, beautiful and not to showy with too much stimulation. Might be a good "break" from the loud hustle and bustle of the parks to go to this quiet place. Have a great time!!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

My son is also autistic and when he was younger he really enjoyed the All-Star Movies Resort. If you make a reservation, ask for the Toy Story section. Now that he's older (15) we stay at the moderate resorts or at the Disney Vacation Club resorts for the extra space.
    Visted Disney World since 1975
    Disney treehouses 1980's
    All-Star Movies 1990's

All-Star Music 2000-2005
    All-Star Movies March 2007
    Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa June 2007
    All-Star Movies 11/07

Post Thanks / Like

Well, after calling and getting prices we used one of the discount codes and went with the Pop Century Resort, because of price. I almost bought the passes but wanted to do some research first. We are planning another trip near the beginning of next year so we are going to buy the 10 day passes. Last time we were there, Guest Services suggested to us that we buy the passes with no expiration, use the days we need to for that trip and before leaving buy the "no expiration" option for the remaining days instead of the the full days the pass was purchased for? Any ideas on this one?
    Thanks
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Post Thanks / Like

congrats and have fun !!!
    my understanding on the no expiration is it does not matter how many days are left, it matters how long the ticket was for (7 day/10 day)- that will indicate the price of the no expiration option

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. After my last post I did a search on here and found that wife. DW did not want to believe it and called Disney Information, got the number for guest services and called and asked them. Oh well, we bought the tickets last night after finding out. I am so hyped and ready to go already.
    °O° Von Drake °O°

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: