Quantcast Buying a second ownership

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buying a second ownership

For those of you who have more than one ownership, or you are "in the know" of owning a second membership, how does this work in comparison to the first? Do you have two contracts, two loans, two dues payments? Double the pleasure, double the money? Please tell me as we are waiting for the possible Contemporary DVC, or maybe some other monorail resort to make DVC years from now?!?! Thanks everyone.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    mprewitt Guest

If you add-on at another resort through Disney, it will be a sub-contract and will have the same Use Year as your first resort.

If you add-on via the resale market, you will most likely end up with a second contract with a different Use Year.

If you only want to add 25-75 points on, I would buy from Disney. If you wanted to add 100+ points at one resort, you can go with Disney or consider resale (since it may cost you less).

As for financing, I didn't use Disney so I don't know how they handle that.

Post Thanks / Like

When we added on to our contract it was on a subcontract with the same use year. Seperate loan payments and seperate dues payments. You can have just one dues payment if you choose to set it up that way.

The loan payment has to be seperate (I think, as this was how ours was set up).

Kristine----Mom to David and Kassandra
    Oct 2005 DVC Members SSR
    Jan 2006 SSR
    OKW Oct 31-Nov 6 2006 shhh its a secret
    OKW May 11-15 2007 Me Time
    OKW Sep-Oct 2007 Family X-mas Gift
    DCL Jan 2009 1st cruise (just DH and I)
    Next up Oct-Nov 2009 Land and Sea

Post Thanks / Like

By all means, try to stay with only one use year! Multiple contracts with the same use year are treated as one membership, even if the points come from multiple home resorts. If you have two different use years, you will have two separate memberships, two ID cards, two sets of banking/borrowing deadlines - basically lots more to keep track of.

We have 4 contracts (all August) at two resorts. We get one annual dues statement. Our three (yes 3 ) BCV contracts show up as one lump of points, just as if they were all one contract. Since dues are assessed per point, when you add points the dues go up (but the paperwork doesn't have to).

Double the pleasure, double the money, double the magic!
    WDW Visitor since 1973, DVC member since 2000

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: