Quantcast Why are you going to WDW this year? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Our 16th wedding anniversary! And the free dining didn't hurt!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default because we....

miss and love Disney, to visit my CM sister, to go to Epcot Wine and Food and to go to MNSSHP!!! whew, thats a lot of reasons!!
    "Stop this foolishness!...What foolishness would you like to see?" Sam the Eagle and Gonzo

Post Thanks / Like

I came in march to celebrate my 30th birthday, and to realize a childhood dream, with my boyfriend.

It was supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip... And here I am, planning for October 2008, and bringing two friends along with my boyfriend.
    -------------
    Numerous day trips to DLRP
    2007 DW - POP, AK, POFQ
    2007 DLRP - Halloween at DLRP, Newport Bay Club Hotel
    2008 : Universal And POR WDW
    2009 : Disneyland Anaheim Off Site
    2010 : Florida, Wilderness Lodge and DCL : 04/22 - 05/06

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You need a reason to go to WDW?
    Well, I need to see the joy on the faces of my family. (and on me when I'll look in a mirror!)
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am going to Disney World because...

We'll the first time I went was with my wife(10 years ago) and we LOVED it, think I want to retire there! Well 10 years later I'm not with my wife anymore but have a DD10 and a DS7 and I'm taking them myself for 7 days. They have never been on a plane and it's been over 20 years since I've been on one. But I know the 3 of us will have an great time! I want my children to experience what I experienced 10 years ago,MAGIC!

Post Thanks / Like

We needed to take a vacation and weren't sure where. And we couldn't pass up on the deal with free dinning and with the deal we got on airline tickets.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

We've gone Feb 06 and Feb o7. Before that we hadn't gone since 1999. We weren't even sure if we were going to go again for a few years but "free dining" happened. Now we're going this September!

62 days left!!!
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

We we're originally going for our 5th consecutive winter vacation, but now it's turned into taking my niece and nephew for the 1st time trip. I can't wait to show them DW!!!!! My niece and I are doing the Dolphins in Depth Tour.

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me start by saying that given about 30 seconds I could come up with a half dozen convincing reasons to go but the actual reasons are:

1. Its been WAY too long since we've been there (almost 10 years!)
    2. My sister graduated from high school last year and turned 18 so this is her BIG celebration (she's been requesting it since the last time we were there but with me in school I haven't been able to swing it)
    3. I turned 25 in April so my BIG belated birthday present to myself!
    4. I just finished working a year at my first full time job!
    5. I'm starting law school next August so this is our last opportunity to go for awhile and we didn't want to miss it.
    6. I get to go with my 2 best friends in the world (mom and sis) so what could be better than spending a week with just the 3 of us in the happiest place on Earth?

With so many reasons we couldn't pass up the opportunity!
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

My husband's sister lives in Florida and is getting married this November. So, I convinced hubby to make the trip our long overdue family vacation as well. Thanks Ladawn! I love WDW and am so glad that something lit a fire under my husband's backside
    Michigan Mommy, dreaming of Disney days!

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to WDW this year for several reasons. First my husband and I have a mutual love for Disney. September 15th will be our Second Anniversary and WDW is the best place to spend time together. After/During our September trip we are planning on having a baby, so this is going to be a special trip with just the two of us before it becomes the four of us (DS is 15). This trip will probably be our last for a couple of years.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

My children are 7, 5 and 2. Santa Clause will be bringing a surprise trip to WDW for Christmas this year. We will be staying at the WL from January 1st through the 7th. My oldest is dangerously close to losing his faith in Santa. I fear that we may only have one year left where he truly believes. If that ends up being the reality, I wanted to make sure that Santa really delivered something magical this year.

Post Thanks / Like

We're going because we didn't get to go last year (first time to miss in 6 years) and we missed it HORRIBLY!!!

147 more days!!

Post Thanks / Like

We're going in November to celebrate my husband's return from his deployment in Kuwait. He's been gone 16 months. He'll be home 2 weeks, then off to Disney! I can't think of a better treat for the whole family.
    It's not easy being green....

Post Thanks / Like

We're going because the fishing here stinks and I plan on doing some serious Bass fishing on the stocked lakes. As you can tell by my screne name, my wife lets me get my way a lot.

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my wife, who's not the world's biggest Disney fan, is the one who suggested it, a SHOCK to me. It's always been our plan that we wouldn't go to WDW again until our youngest was in grammar school, so we wouldn't have to worry about strollers, diapers, how late we could stay out, etc. That would put us at about 2012/2013 for our next trip.

But we got to talking and figured that would not be fair to our oldest, who is 4 now and will turn 5 during our trip. By the time we went again, she'd be 9 or 10 and my wife just thought it would mean more to her to go at a younger age, since she loves Playhouse Disney, the princesses, Winnie the Pooh, etc. So we planned it for this year, for her.

A couple of other factors played in:

1. My wife is NOT a hot/humid weather person. As my oldest daughter starts kindergarden in fall 2008, this really is our last opportunity to go with the kids out of season between this fall and next spring and not have to go during the summer. We originally looked at this past May, but that wasn't enough time to plan/save. Then we REALLY wanted to go in Sept to get free dining, but we planned a trip to the Outer Banks last fall with my family, so we didn't want to go two trips either back to back or so close together. So trying to go off season and before our daughter goes to school, we picked this year.

2. I've always wanted to go down there during Christmas time and, again, this would be our last chance for a LOOOOOONG time. So we planned it right after Thanksgiving.

So, those are our reasons.
    Gawrsh

1979 - Polynesian Village
    1988 - Treehouses
    1990 - Treehouses
    1997 - Disney Institute Villas/Yacht and Beach Club
    1999 - Disney Institute Villas
    2001 - Carribean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Pop Century
    2010 - Offsite/Port Orleans Riverside
    2014 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Why are you going to WDW this year?

Why Not
    Gareth șoșwen

DVC Member - My Home Resorts: AKV

Previous visits:
    1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2001, 2005, DLParis 2006, 2007, 2008 AKV, 2011 Baylake & AKV, 2011 Saratoga, 2013 AKV & Saratoga, 2014 Saratoga & Keywest, 2015 Keywest & Saratoga, 2016 COMING SOON

Post Thanks / Like

it says it in my signature..but...ya..
    Petes (my fiance) cousin is getting married at the Beach club and Pete is the Best Man..so of course i wasnt gonna let him go to Disney without me!! lol then it turned into a whole family trip...my parents, my sister and her hubby and petes parents will be there too...i cant wait!! only like 4 months to go!!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Jacksboro, Texas (Northwest of Dallas Fort Worth)
    Post Thanks / Like

Wedding Anniversary...3rd year !...we were married at Disney and try to return each year to celebrate
    First trip 1981

Married at Disney's wedding pavillion 12-22-04
    DVC owners @ SSR Dec 2005
    OKW-DEC-2004-Wedding
    VERO BEACH-DEC-2004-(honeymoon)
    ASM-DEC-2005
    SSR-OCT-2006
    SSR-DEC-2007
    AKV owners Jul 08
    SSR Dec 08
    SSR June 09
    New Baby Boy arrived Aug 3 2009 !! (our first)

Post Thanks / Like

Disney was suposed to be our honeymoon location. Then DH got a new job and they wouldn't give him more than 2 days off for a honeymoon.
    So on our 5 year anniversary, he suggested, out of the blue, "Let's go to Disney World! We never got to take that trip!" I went on my first adult trip. Sometime on our first night, during Fantasmic, I fell in love with Disney World.
    DH was interviewing for a new job, and he said, "If I get this job, we are going to Disney World." Well, he got the job. His offer letter says, "I guess you'll be going to Disney World" in it.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: