Quantcast NEW THREAD STARTED, WITH SPOILERS. Harry Potter VII [Merged Threads]

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: How many of you stood in line for the new Harry Potter book?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • I stood in line for the book

34 60.71%
  • I will wait a few days and then buy the book

7 12.50%
  • I don't buy the books, I wait for the movies

3 5.36%
  • I couldn't care less about the books

11 19.64%
  • Who is Harry Potter?

1 1.79%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NEW THREAD STARTED, WITH SPOILERS. Harry Potter VII [Merged Threads]

So, let the wild speculation begin:

We all know that J.K. Rowling has publicly stated that there will be more major characters dying in this book, though she has not revealed which ones, or even how many.

And since we all have to wait another week and a half to find out, I thought we could pass the time by throwing out our theories.

Sound like fun?

Who wants to go first?
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

All my speculation, no spoilers:
    My guess is that the connection between Harry and Neville and Voldemort will be made much more of, with the potential of Neville dying a hero's death to save Harry. My other thought is that Snape will die in the process of saving Harry. I can't imagine Dumbledore's faith in Snape going unrewarded. And, finally, there are so many Weasleys-- can all of them possibly make it? Obviously Voldemort needs to die.

I do think that Harry will live. I hope I'm not wrong.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

i hope Neville doesn't die he has been my favorite since the beginning, but I do agree that there is more to the harry, neville, voldemort connection. I wouldn't mind if it were Draco or his father.
    2002 - Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    2003-Off Property
    2005- Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    March 2006- Off Property
    June 2006 - POP Star Wars Weekend
    Dec 2007 - ASMu Family Suite

Dec 2009 ASMo Daughter's 1st Trip
    April 2011 Beach Club Daughter's 2nd Birthday Trip

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100% with everything in Sherri's post! When Neville started gaining confidence in the last book I started thinking that he may be one who dies as the Harry-Neville-Voldemort triangle unfolds. I think that Draco may do the right thing in the end and die in the process....maybe taking his father down with him?
    I really hope that Snape will somehow redeem himself, it was a huge shocker when he killed Dumbledore.
    I like to think that Harry, Ron and Hermoine will all make it out alive!

I can't wait to ready everyone else's thoughts!!
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    All my speculation, no spoilers
    Not to be a nit, but how can there be any spoilers? This thing is locked up tighter than a <insert cliche of choice here>

But to the point at hand, I do know that there are some "reasonable" conclusions that have been already be drawn on various sites & message boards. Some are downright controversial. I will not post them, or what I think of them until I get a better feel of this thread. But some of them I think are spot on. And some people do not like them one bit.

But to wet the appetite, I have a fairly good idea of what I think will happen to Voldemort. Specifically how he is vanquished. Note: I used the word from the prophesy, not the commonly used word "killed".

Also, I am a believer of the controversial Horcrux theory. For those of you who know what that means, you probably understand why I did not elaborate. For those of you who do not, well, you may be better off not knowing just yet.....
    1970-1990 Disneyland - 4 Day Trips
    1980-2001 WDW - 6 Day Trips
    2007 Polynesian (First Resort Stay!)
    2008 Polynesian - planning

GO HOKIES!

All my thoughts and prayers...
    Rest in Peace fellow Hokies
    04-16-2007

Post Thanks / Like

I think Snape will turn out good and that he killed Dumbledore for a reason. I think the lake that Dumbledore went into hurt him somehow and Dumbledore got the message to Snape. So Snape killed Dumbledore to not only help Dumbledore but to also look good with the death eaters/Voldemort and get on their side to kind of become a “spy.” Of course I think Harry will live, I think there will be a riot if Harry dies! Hehe I also hope that Ron and Hermione make it. I think they will end up together in the end.

Keith Olbermann thinks it will end like this:
    Harry, Ron and Hermione enter a diner. They order Butter Beer and onion rings. Voldemort is sitting at the lunch counter, marking time. Outside, Ron’s sister, Ginny, is having a hard time parallel parking, even though she’s using her wand. And just then the door to the diner opens and Harry Potter looks up and—the last 11 pages of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” are blank.

It’s not funny if you don’t follow the Soprano’s, but I thought it was hilarious!!!
    Last edited by ChipDale; 07-09-2007 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Language - please review the TOS
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! I'm glad other people are chiming in. See....this is the fun part for me. Actually reading the book is great, but the anticipation is what has made these books such a huge success.

As for what I think...there's been a though floating around in my head that Neville and Harry were mixed up somehow, and Neville is really the hero child from 17 years ago.

As for who is going to die...I like the idea of Snape or Draco dying a hero's death....but I think Draco may die a villain's death (or maybe a coward's death). OR...and this is my wife's theory...Ron gets killed fairly early (I know, very sad), and Draco confesses his love for Hermione...then, when the time comes, he kills his own father to protect his love.

Oh, and she's convinced that Ginny is done for. She's also convinced that Dumbledore is not really dead, but has sort of "graduated" to another level of being.

As for me, I like to think that the big three make it, but a bunch of the supporting cast will get killed off in the process.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Love Sherri's theory. I am very excited (and nervous) about this book. I cried at the end of the last book...no telling how I'll take it this time around if something happens to one of my favorites. I hope Snape does redeem himself though! I think I hated him more than Harry for what he did.

The unfortunate thing is that Book VII releases two weeks before my semester ends and I will have to make a choice between Harry or finishing summer semester. Hmmm...Harry all the way!
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

What do ya'll think of the rumor that Dumbledore is not really dead? I think it's possible, but I don't think Rowling will copy Tolkein and pull a Gandalf.
    I think, or hope, that Snape is actually good and dies to save Harry. I also think, after re-reading Half-Blood Prince, that Draco may redeem himself somehow. Perhaps Dumbledore's death was staged to save Malfoy's life, or he wanted Snape to kill him to save Draco.

I just can't wait much longer.
    July 21: Deathly Hallows
    July 23: Leave for WDW
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

First off, I am so wicked psyched about the next two weeks! I have my midnight movie tickets for tomorrow night. Rolling Stone's Peter Travers has already given the movie rave reviews saying its the best in the series!

Anyways, I agree with many of you that Neville will play a large part in this next book. My biggest theory is about the invisibility cloak and why James gave it to Dumbledore. This may sound crazy -- but I think that the cloak was used to hide someone.

Most importantly, I think that someone is Hermione. I think she's Harry's sister. I know it's a little Star Wars, but I think James and Lily wanted to keep the two separate, so Dumbledore found a pair of Muggle parents for her, and left Harry at the Dursleys.

I also think Snape will play a larger role. I still don't know if he's good or bad. As much as I want to believe Dumbledore, I still have a hunch that Snape was a Dark Lord and working for Voldy.

She also needs to shore up the whole part with Aunt Petunia knowing more about magic than she leads on. Does that mean she's a squib? Dudley has some powers? I don't know what she'll do with that.

Just looking at the cover art with Harry and Voldemort in the coliseum. I wonder what that is -- beyond the veil, perhaps?

So many questions yet to be answered... but SOOOOO excited!!!
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)
    AsMo - '09 (Princess 5K & 1st Anniversary)
    DCL - Dec. '11 (30th b-day gift)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pshokie View Post
    Not to be a nit, but how can there be any spoilers? This thing is locked up tighter than a <insert cliche of choice here>
    Hey, no kidding, but I'm covering my bases. I've seen too many people get all hot over potential spoilers on other threads, sometimes for good reason. Just clarifying that it's all fun guesswork.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew26 View Post
    This may sound crazy -- but I think that the cloak was used to hide someone. Most importantly, I think that someone is Hermione. I think she's Harry's sister. I know it's a little Star Wars, but I think James and Lily wanted to keep the two separate, so Dumbledore found a pair of Muggle parents for her, and left Harry at the Dursleys.
    That's a wild theory! I love it. It could be a little too Star Wars, though, yes. Please don't say that Voldemort is really Harry and Hermione's father, too. (I laugh, but ooh, it could work out!)
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I loved reading everyone's ideas.

I had the most horrible thought a few days ago.
    I had just finished re-reading Half Blood Prince to prep myself. There is no way the ending of Deathly Hallows is going to stay a secret. It will be all over every news medium you can think of. I'm bummed out that I may know the ending before I have a chance to finish the book.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

I love the idea that Dumbledore may not really be "dead", that he may have gone to a higher plane (sp?) or maybe like some of the other Hogwarts ghosts that have unfinished business and have remained in the castle, Dumbledore can be in the school still in some way.
    What about the paintings of past headmasters?? Could Dumbledore help Harry on the horcrux quest somehow through his painting??

The idea of Harry having a relative that was hidden is intriguing and Hermoine would fit the bill for that...but I don't know....

I need to go back and re-read Half Blood Prince, I am going to start tonight!
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LarryBoy View Post
    What do ya'll think of the rumor that Dumbledore is not really dead? I think it's possible, but I don't think Rowling will copy Tolkein and pull a Gandalf.
    Okay, I don't want to be the bad guy here - but this is a direct quote from JKR at the Harry, Carrie and Garp fund raiser at Radio City Music Hall - first she said "Umm, I really can't answer that question because the answer is in book seven but, you shouldn't expect Dumbledore to do a Gandalf. Let me just put it that way. I'm sorry."

Then, when Salman Rushdie asked a question, her answer was "Well, Salman, your opinion, I would say is, right. But I see that I need to be a little more explicit and say that Dumbledore is definitely dead."

Sorry! But, I think he's definitely dead, as much as I don't want him to be. I literally just put down HBP now, at the part where Dumbledore died, because even though it's the 3rd or 4th time I'm reading it, it still makes me cry.

But, having just re-read all the books, I admit I'm really nervous about Book 7. JKR killed off Sirius and Dumbledore, even though she knew fans would be devastated - she doesn't stray from her original plan at all, no matter how hard it will be on the fans. And, she already said last year that there would be a lot of death, including two characters whom she originally planned would live, end up dying.

This next part I'm going to white out - it's not really a spoiler but just in case people don't want to know anything at all about the next book, don't highlight this....

For anyone who didn't know, she did an interview on BBC last Friday night and two things she said really stuck out - one was that she sobbed uncontrollably when she finished the 3rd to last chapter, and at first jokingly referred to the book as a "blood bath" but then did say there was a lot of death. So, that has made me especially concerned that one or more of the trio doesn't make it. I think I'm suddenly not in as big a rush to read it!

I belive it was Keith Olbermann who also had another theory that ended with Harry surviving, but in destroying Lord Voldemort, he had to give up his magical ability - I thought that was interesting! And definitely the kind of sacrifice that I can see Harry doing.

But, I do agree with others that have said that Neville will play a bigger role in this last book.

Ack! I'm so nervous, yet I can't wait!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyatic View Post
    What about the paintings of past headmasters?? Could Dumbledore help Harry on the horcrux quest somehow through his painting??
    I've wondered about that too, but I've also wondered how much of the story will really take place at Hogwarts, where his painting would be? The end of HBP doesn't make it sound like the trio will be back....

I also wonder about the mirror that Sirius gave Harry. JKR said it would return in book 7 and I wonder how....
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget that in Chapter 29 it says that:
    "And a new portrait had joined the ranks of the dead headmasters and headmistresses of Hogwarts: Dumbledore was slumbering in a golden frame over the desk, his half-moon spectacles perched upon his crooked nose, looking peaceful and untroubled. ....." Pg 626 if anyone wants to check. I'm sure Dumbledore is dead and will remain in contact w/ others at the school through the portrait.
    My biggest concern JKR's selection of names Remus- the werewolf, what about some of the other names. WHY is Weasely so close to Weasle? Is there a traitor in the family?? What if Harry needs his help and he "weasels out" and is killed ?? What about Draco, he was looking very pale and grey in the last book is there a connection w/ the name Dracula? Just curious.

I wonder about why Olivander disappeared. You know the connection btwn Harry and Voldy's wand... Does he want another more powerful wand?
    I hope Harry lives b/c I want to see good triumph over evil. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the three die and I can see Neville dying- it would make his grandmother proud.
    I do think that Snape was acting in his own behalf b/c of the unbreakable vow but do believe he will try to redeem himself and die trying.
    The prophecy does say the Dark Lord will "mark" him as his equal. and he shall have power the Dark Lord knows not. I think this power is still relates to the love and the counter curse his mother placed will still have a role.
    I have to go read some more...... I am going tomorrow at midnight!
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

conorsmom2000: That BBC interview was a RIOT!!!! Cast Bob Hoskins as Prof Slughorn today!!!!!! And I have no idea who the host is (Jonathan Ross), but he was hilarious!

And yes, sorry to say, but she has said it on more than one occasion (not just the
    Harry, Carrie and Garp fund raiser, but also the Edinborough (sp?) Book Festival) that Dumbledore is in fact dead. And paraphrasing her, you cannot come back from the dead. It is one of the limitations she put on the "potterverse" as it were.

As for deaths, and I will white this out as well, on the BBC interview she says [highlight to read]:
    that people incorrectly interpreted her statement that "two who were not originally suppossed to die now do, but one who was supposed to die got a reprieve (paraphrasing)". Most thought that it meant that only 2 people will die. Ohhhhh no. There will be more than two deaths "We are talking about the ultimate evil here, and they do not go for minor characters. Well atleast I don't"

And yes, she jokingly (or mybe not) used the word "bloodbath" in the interview.

This cannot be good.

BTW, I am still looking for someone (other than myself) to break the seal on Horcruxes. Of the 4 that remain, I think I know more or less the exact location of 3. Can't help myself,I love the theories......

Any takers??????

GO HOKIES!

04-16-2007

Post Thanks / Like

I think that all three leads will survive. Neville will avenge his parents against Bellatrix. Snape will die, Hagrid will die. McGonagall remains headmistress.

Harry and Voldemort will face off(obviously). Harry wins.

I think that there is more to Aunt Petunia than meets the eye. I think that will be revealed, I also think that her soft side will come through.

Umbridge is a death eater spy I think.

Malfoys will get their comeuppance (all of them).

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and one more thing......Just wanted to add this to the discussion to give folks something to think about, and since it is all in the text I do not feel the need to use spoiler-font.

Halloween night at Godrics Hollow all those years ago.....
    Voldemort shows up to the Potters.
    He kills James.
    He tells Lilly to step aside (3 times).
    She refuses.
    He kills her.
    He tries to kill Harry.

The curse rebounds and kills/destroys Voldemort and the entire house. And leaves Harry with only a scar.

So here is the thought provoking question...
    If Voldemort was turned into Vapormort (I love that cliche), James is dead, Lilly is dead, and Harry is just a baby........

How does everyone in the wizarding world find out what happened in less than 24 hours (when Harry is left upon the doorstep)??????

Hmmmmm......

I have a thought!!!! Pick me!! Pick me!!!!

GO HOKIES!

04-16-2007

Post Thanks / Like

conorsmom2000: That BBC interview was a RIOT!!!! Cast Bob Hoskins as Prof Slughorn today!!!!!! And I have no idea who the host is (Jonathan Ross), but he was hilarious!

This cannot be good.
    The interview was a riot - that host was great!

Thanks for posting the exact text....I had only watched the interview, so I didn't know the exact words she used. But, I was so glad that she's said this because it's been driving me nuts - so many people, even news organizations, have said "two will die" and I've been constantly saying (and, not to be too much of an HP geek, but even emailing the news people) that it wasn't what she said - that it was ....well, what you posted....I won't type it out again to save on people having to highlight!

So here is the thought provoking question...
    If Voldemort was turned into Vapormort (I love that cliche), James is dead, Lilly is dead, and Harry is just a baby........

How does everyone in the wizarding world find out what happened in less than 24 hours (when Harry is left upon the doorstep)??????

Hmmmmm......

I have a thought!!!! Pick me!! Pick me!!!!
    Well, I definitely pick you !! go for it!

I've never heard "Vapormort" before - that's hysterical!

My easy guess, though, without putting too much thought into it, is the dark mark.....??
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: