Well, I will give this one....and I think I will not highlight. Just this once. Cause while it could be considered a spoiler, it is merely a theory (that I stole ) but really really like.

There had to be someone else there that night. No other way for the news to get out. And JKR has confirmed this via a non-denial denial....

JKR: Go on, hit me with it.

MuggleNet (Last Question): Was there anyone else present in Godric's Hollow the night Harry's parents were killed?

JKR: No comment

The Potters were in hiding under the Fidelius Charm (who's the potter geek now!!! ). So no one could know where they were unless they were told by Wormtail (secret keeper). I am not going into the in&outs of who Wormtail would tell the secret to or why (rationale is too long - but in short he wrote it down and it was intercepted - ala Dumbledore and the #12 Grimauld Place note for Harry), but suffice to say atleast one of two people saw the note.

The first....bum-bum-baaaaaahhhhh: Snape.
Good/Evil, you pick. But it was not him. I can feel it in my bones (plus I think she actualy squashed that rumor - don't know why....)

The second......Frank Longbottom.

Wha??????????

Yep, you read that right. He was there. Not sure when he arrived, or what went down, but he was there.

How do I know? Again, the books.

What were Belatrix LeStrange, Rudolphus LeStrange and Barty Crouch Jr sent to Azkaban for?
The torture of the Longbottoms via the Cruciatus Curse.

Why?
Becuase these specific Death Eaters believed that Fank Longbottom was in possesion of information regarding the current where abouts of the Dark Lord. Check it out....Goblet of Fire, the chapter where Barty Jr is on trial (don't recall the chapter #).

Now, why would 3 Death Eaters think Frank Longbottom would know where Voldemort is or what happened to him???? Hmmmm....

And is just a coincidence that you happen to know exactly where Frank Logbottom is currently residing? St. Mungos.....hmmmmmm....

And do you think it is coincidence tha Dumbledore has already shown that it is possible to extract a memory from an "addled" mind, as he did with Morphin and Hokey in HBP? Hmmmmm......