Quantcast What did you forget on your last trip??? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousetrapper View Post
    OK, you're going to laugh, but on our last trip -- it was a short weekend getaway -- I forgot my ...

bra

duh. I have a very good reason why I forgot it, I swear. I decided to wear my bathing suit under my clothes because I knew we'd be swimming before we actually had a chance to get into our room. So I realized it halfway to my destination...

This was only a two-day trip, so one was all I needed...for our upcoming week-long trip to WDW, I'll have a few, so even if I forget one, I'll have a few spares!

yeah, you're right. i'm laughing. problem is, i can't stop.
    ~~Julie~~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

so busy laughing over the missing bra, i forgot to share.

i've been lucky not to forget anything (just jinxed myself, didn't i?). but when i was 12, we drove down. we picked my dad up from work. got to a hotel that night to discover that my mom had forgotten to pack my dad's suitcase. he had ~nothing.~ we had to hit a mall and grocery store to replace everything. ten day vacation and my dad is wearing the same 3 outfits in all the pics. hilarious.
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how "different" the Fedex UPS etc deliveries to WDW are, compared to your more normal dull routine business complex or residential neighborhood? Too bad the drivers don't get to see what's in the packages. Wait, maybe it's better that way.

I suppose I better contribute something worthwhile to this thread so I'm not accused of hijacking it, so... I suggest bringing along a selection of different sizes of ziplock bags and various disposable containers for all that otherwise wasted DDP food (not buffets though since taking food from them is a tad tacky unless you've gotten special dispensation from the management ). That way when the hunger bug strikes at 11PM (I know where of I speak) you can raid your stash of goodies instead of having to make a trip to the canteen and spending more $. Please be safe though, your leftover salmon better be in a fridge or not more than an hr or 2 old.
    Dec 1977 - my 1st MK visit
    1978-1994 - annual 1-day visits from TN OH and PA
    1995 - moved to Orlando
    1995-today - many many short visits with SP's and AP's
    2003-today - taking photos all over WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meldan98 View Post
    One trip my family took when I was a kid, my mom was so concerned about packing for me and my dad, my mom forgot her underwear, her socks and curling iron. So for those packing mom's, don't forget about your own necessities.
    ...like your bra!

(per my earlier post)

Probably already mentioned here, but an extra memory card or two for the digital camera is good, especially if you don't have access to a computer to download the pics every day and can't decide (or don't have time to decide) which ones to delete on the fly...and batteries of course.
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Extra pepto! I had brought some, but we overate one night--tried to do an early dinner (at Boma!) and a late late one at wolfgang. Yea, we were silly. Anyway all I wanted to was for 3 days and used all my caplet pepto and had to buy a bottle at the resort and chugged it (yea, killed that in a day).

Always bring more than you think you need is my motto. I'd rather have too much than too little.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone else mentioned this, too, but I also forgot socks...for me. I know this probably isn't the "suggestion" you're looking for but judging from many of the other posts the thing you DON'T want to forget are the obvious socks/underwear or even bra....who wants to spend precious souvenir money on "unmentionables?" Not me!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going in 3 days (!!!) and did some travel-sized shopping at Target over the weekend. I don't think I've forgotten anything!

So now I have about 5 pounds of travel sized...

-Shampoo
    -Conditioner
    -Body wash
    -Bath poof
    -Disposable razor
    -Hair gel
    -Hair spray
    -Toothbrush
    -Toothpaste
    -Dental floss
    -Deodorant
    -Hand lotion
    -Baby wipes (good for a quick freshen up on a sweaty face)
    -Gold Bond foot creme (to prevent blisters)
    -Blister Band-Aids (in case I get them anyway)
    -Advil
    -Sunscreen
    -Tide stain pen
    -Tide to go (to wash a few things in the sink)
    -Purell
    -Clorox wipes (for public restrooms)

...and I told myself I'd pack light this trip.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

The 2 things that I will absolutely make sure that we bring this trip are hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes for eating tables and other surfaces.

Last trip DH and I both came home with a horrible case of bronchitis and DH had the beginnings of pneumonia It took us about 2 weeks to recover from our vacation

Post Thanks / Like

My toothbrush.
    I left the holders int he bathroom, so we could packed them in the morning. I brushed my teeth put everyones elses in the holders and left mine sitting in the bathroom.
    Had to buy a horrible one at the resort for $3.00.

Post Thanks / Like

Allergy medicine. Something in Florida made my allergies kick in and the gift shop had only limited offerings. I had to pay top dollar for allergy medicine that didn't even work that well.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

this is a great topic!

We forgot about 2 things. The first thing we forgot was an extra set of clothes in case of a delay or something unforseen like a food spill or whatever. Luckily we didn't really need it, but what we DID need we didn't have. We packed all our necessities in our checked-in bags and when we hit a weather delay we were stuck in our connecting city for the night. (the mrs wears contacts, and we didnt have solution or a place to put them. also, no toiletries, bath products or toothpaste.) Needless to say we were looking for the shower when we got to POP. Hope this tip helps someone!
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    Allergy medicine. Something in Florida made my allergies kick in and the gift shop had only limited offerings. I had to pay top dollar for allergy medicine that didn't even work that well.
    That's a good one! The year I went with DH, DS, MIL, and FIL, I forgot mine as well. My allergies flared up so bad on our last day (I think it was all the flowers in Epcot), we left the next day, when I landed in Boston (I felt like I had a knife in each ear, twisting and turning), I went straight to the walk in clinic at the hospital...I had a sinus infection, a throat infection, and both ears were infected as well. I walked out with 5 prescriptions, plus I was starting a new job the very next day. I made a great impression!

My poor husband had to unpack everything and do all the laundry! God bless him!
    Karen
    1995 - Offsite
    Oct. 2003 Offsite - 5th Wedding Anniversary!
    Oct. 2004 Pop Century - Trip with the In-Laws!
    June 2005 Pop Century - Just me and my boys (DH&DS)
    Dec. 2007 Coronado Springs - Myself, DH, DS, and DD!

Post Thanks / Like

Default No one has mentioned...

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but how about writing down all your numbers: ticket numbers, credit card numbers, photo pass number, ADR numbers, etc. Last trip I bought a new 5-day park hopper no exp ticket and LOST IT! I had not written down the number and the WDW staff were unable to do a thing for me to replace it. A nice CM at SSR heard my sad story and gave me 2 park admissions, bless her heart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessM0m View Post
    I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but how about writing down all your numbers: ticket numbers, credit card numbers, photo pass number, ADR numbers, etc. Last trip I bought a new 5-day park hopper no exp ticket and LOST IT! I had not written down the number and the WDW staff were unable to do a thing for me to replace it. A nice CM at SSR heard my sad story and gave me 2 park admissions, bless her heart.
    I was JUST about to say that. In my previous post I said FILM since I had to pay thru the nose to get another one since I had left mine in my room.

Here is what my mother did in 1989. We had purchased annual passes in 1988 so we decided to go back. To know my mother you have to know this woman packs enough stuff for a month and brings EVERYTHING. However, we get to the wonderful world of Disney and she realizes she she has left her, mine, and my brother's annual pass in her jewelry box at home in NJ. The only one who had his was my dad who had kept his in his wallet. To make matters worse, my mom's friend overnighted the tickets to our offsite hotel where the lady signed for them but we never received them. Thankfully, Disney had them on record and was able to replace them.

I have what I call the "Disney Packet". It's full of my itenerary full with ADR numbers, maps, my print out of the plane confirmation, my DME pack and everything Disney has sent me along with our vouchers. I keep my DL in there along with my AAA card. This packet has everything and stays with me at all times until we get to the hotel.
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I wish I had remembered to bring on our last trip was the email addresses of friends and family. I made an email card at Mission Space in Epcot. It was very funny, my face in a space suit tripping down the ladder of a space shuttle. But the only email address I could remember was my own!

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: