Quantcast What did you forget on your last trip??? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tink2006 View Post
    I always take a small power strip. It has come in handy. There are so many things to charge-phones, video cameras, batteries, Ipods, the list goes on and on....
    I take this as well, only I pack it in my carry on. I've done it for 10yrs or so. Then I heard it on Rachel Ray (I think) and she was right. You can never get a plug at the airport because they are always taken. With a powerstrip, you can get more to an outlet and you make friends quick this way. We usually end up with a DVD player or computer dieing in the airport.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Embarrassing: I remembered my underwear, just not enough pairs! So I bought some at DTD to get me through the last couple of days. Turns out Disney-brand is about three sizes larger than what I normally wear. Thanks for the compliment, but giant undies? Ugh... Also, DD managed to get a runny nose so we had to buy travel packs of kleenex in the gift shop. They're on my list for the next trip, along with 20 pairs of underwear!
    Andrea
    WDW trips:
    POFQ DEC 2014 (!)
    Disney Wonder 2010
    POFQ 2006 (MNSSHP!)
    ASMu 2005
    Off-site 1979

Post Thanks / Like

batteries , tide stick, extra pair of sneakers, chap stick!

StitchLuvr Guest

Last October we were in such a rush to get to the MK once we got dropped off at POFQ that I left our camera in the room and had to buy a disposable to take to Chef Mickey's!! Almost $30!!

Also, since I'm prone to motion sickness and had a script for Phenergan, I left it on the kitchen table.....REALLY bright!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am an overpacker too and usually have anything anyone needs BUT last year, we got a new digital camera a few weeks before our trip and we left it on the kitchen counter. We left at 3 am to get to the airport, so SIL was kind enough to overnight it to us. $35 lesson we learned. This year I am planning a trip for 10! So I am making sure we both don't forget anything
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

Post Thanks / Like

Nail file and/or nail clipper!!

Last trip I had forgotten both of these items and had a jagged nail that drove me crazy for 3 days until we finally found some cheapos (but overpriced of course) at the hotel's store tucked away in a back corner.

As a side note, this experience gave me a great idea for Disney. Why not sell those cute wide kind of nail files with cute disney pictures on them?? I see them everywhere else, but not one store in any of the 4 parks or DTD had a single nail file for sale.
    February 4-11 AoA
    October 13-20 2012 CBR
    November 7-13 2010 Pop
    November 3-10 2009 Polynesian
    September 19-26 2008, CBR Honeymoon
    May 11-18 2007, CBR engaged <3
    April/May 2006, OKW
    July 2004, All Star Movies
    June 1981, Sheraton World
    June 1976 somwhere offsite[/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Boy, this thread is making me nervous. I leave tomorrow morning and I haven't even taken my suitcase out of the back closet yet. Well, I guess this is a reminder to myself, but I need to remember to charge my camera before I leave! Nothing like getting to Disney and having to leave the camera in the room for the first day while it charges.

Post Thanks / Like

Blister band-aids. I got the worst blisters after my second day last time we had to drive off-site to a Rite-Aid to get bandages and moleskin and sole inserts to cusion my sneakers.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

The Tide to Go stick will definately be on the "don't forget" list for us. Not so sure it will be as important in the cooler temps of November, however, my DD (30) is famous for remembering to bring her deodorant wherever she goes for her periodic "pit checks". To most people it appears to be an overexagerated stretch, but I know it truth. She has passed this funny and sometimes embarassing quirk onto her two DDs (11 and 5 when we go), so we'll see if she carries it into the parks when we go.
    Grammie

July 1988 Disneyland
    Aug 1997 Dixie Landings
    July 2003 off site
    Dec 2004 Day trip to Epcot
    Nov 21-Dec 1, 2007 CBR
    Nov 18-28, 2009 POP
    Nov 18-26, 2016 POP

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

This is completely not essential but one year I forgot my little bag of handpicked pennies to make pressed pennies. Imagine my horror when trying to scrounge up change! You don't see much of that around Disney!

If it is such a small world then why do my feet hurt so much!!
    1972-1984 Off Property
    1991 Disney Inn / Poly
    1994 Dixie Landings / Poly / Port Orleans
    1996 Dixie Landings
    1996 Institute / GF / Contemp
    2001 AS-Movies / Poly
    2002 GF
    10/2004 WL
    8/2006 WL
    9/2007 Riverside
    9/2014 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

On a recent trip I forgot my shoes! I had worn just a pair of flip flops for our trip down but realized when we arrived that I had no other shoes. There is no way I could wear them all day for 2 weeks so I called home and my parents FedExed my walking shoes down. The next day we returned from a park and my shoes were waiting for me in our room.
    1975 - Offsite
    1992 - CBR
    1994 - Yacht Club
    1999 - Dixie Landings and CBR
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort and Coronodo Springs
    2003- Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian Resort, CBR, and Contemporary
    2006 - Port Orleans French Quarters and Beach Club
    2007 - Disney Cruise
    July 2007 - CBR

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

I pack everything but the kitchen sink...but the last time I went my tennis shoes got wet and rubbed a horrible blister on my little toe. I wish I had packed some blister band-aids. I had to make due with corn pads and tons of band aids from the gift shop.
    Here is a tip for sending postcards. I pre-type the names and addresses on labels that I can just peel and stick. I pack those along with my post card stamps. That makes it so much easier to just send a little note when your are on the go.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disguy View Post
    This is completely not essential but one year I forgot my little bag of handpicked pennies to make pressed pennies. Imagine my horror when trying to scrounge up change! You don't see much of that around Disney!

That is hilarious! We did the same thing. We read on intercot (yay!) that the older pennies are the best to press (1982 or before because there is less zinc or something like that) and spent countless hours scrounging up the best ones at home and then cleaning them in vinegar baths to make them all shiny again. We get to Disney, and realize that said pennies were still sitting on the drier at home, all ready to go! Needless to say, we were a bit frustrated but couldn't help but laugh at the situation. On the plus side, when we leave in 20 days (!!!!) we have a pre-cleaned set of pennies ready to be pressed
    July 06: Coronado Springs (Honeymoon)
    Sept 07: POP Century
    Feb 09: Port Orleans Riverside
    Dec 09: Caribbean Beach
    Jan 11: Coronado Springs

I blame this obsession on my wife...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Dutchman View Post
    That is hilarious! We did the same thing. We read on intercot (yay!) that the older pennies are the best to press (1982 or before because there is less zinc or something like that) and spent countless hours scrounging up the best ones at home and then cleaning them in vinegar baths to make them all shiny again. We get to Disney, and realize that said pennies were still sitting on the drier at home, all ready to go! Needless to say, we were a bit frustrated but couldn't help but laugh at the situation. On the plus side, when we leave in 20 days (!!!!) we have a pre-cleaned set of pennies ready to be pressed
    20 Days!!! WHOOOOO
    If it is such a small world then why do my feet hurt so much!!
    1972-1984 Off Property
    1991 Disney Inn / Poly
    1994 Dixie Landings / Poly / Port Orleans
    1996 Dixie Landings
    1996 Institute / GF / Contemp
    2001 AS-Movies / Poly
    2002 GF
    10/2004 WL
    8/2006 WL
    9/2007 Riverside
    9/2014 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

OK, you're going to laugh, but on our last trip -- it was a short weekend getaway -- I forgot my ...

bra

duh. I have a very good reason why I forgot it, I swear. I decided to wear my bathing suit under my clothes because I knew we'd be swimming before we actually had a chance to get into our room. So I realized it halfway to my destination...

This was only a two-day trip, so one was all I needed...for our upcoming week-long trip to WDW, I'll have a few, so even if I forget one, I'll have a few spares!

**mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AvonleaCF View Post
    Blister band-aids. I got the worst blisters after my second day last time we had to drive off-site to a Rite-Aid to get bandages and moleskin and sole inserts to cusion my sneakers.
    Go to your local athletic shoe store and get a stick of BodyGlide. This stuff lubricates the places where you rub and keeps blisters from forming. Also prevents chafing. (Sound ike a commercial, don't I? )

Post Thanks / Like

Default Forget to bring?

I always seem to run out of clothes for the kids
    because they get in and out of the pool so many times in one day!

Post Thanks / Like

nothing specific to add (though i have been in the "underwear deficiency" club on more than one trip before)- just want to say thanks to the OP for a great thread- i'll go back to this bookmark in april to make sure i've got everything covered.

love the power strip and tide stick ideas. definitely will be toting those along next trip.
    john

Off-site '76, '89, '91, '96
    LBV Hilton '84
    DLR '86
    Poly '93, '08
    CR '96, '02, '03
    Next trip- Poly Aug '11

Post Thanks / Like

I pack moleskin and a small scissors to cut it with. I took it on our cruise too. Nothing is worse than blisters with all the walking you have to do. It is now a permenant part of my toiletries bag. Our last trip I would get up in the AM and my feet were still sore form all the walking! Also cold medicine including Airborne.
    Aug 1974 Fort Wilderness
    Aug 1981 Fort Wilderness
    Oct 1986 Polynesian
    Oct 1992 Beach Club
    Aug 1998 All Star Sports & Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 1999 Grosvenor
    Aug 1999 Beach Club
    Aug 2002 Yacht Club
    Feb 2007 Old Key West
    Jan 2009 Old Key West
    Jan 2010 Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

i suggest bringing chapstickfor some reason the sun dries my lips.drives me crazy,wouldn't go without it..
    have fun!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: