Quantcast What did you forget on your last trip??? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    It's not that I forgot anything, but I did run out of stuff last trip. My DD's were both off and on sick and I ran out of cough medicine and Ibuprofen. I spent somewhere around $30 on medications in the gift shops and first aid stations and those bottles were so tiny!

We did not think to bring cold medicines on our son's first trip. He ended up with a nasty cold and we had to buy medicine there. Ridiculous!

We have brought cold medicine, tylenol and extra asthma meds every year since for us all.

Each and every year we all end up with a cold, especially the kids.

I highly recommend bringing the above mentioned things.

Oh yeah...bug spray too. Mosquitos are few and far between in WDW but, we did get bit one night on the train going to Main St from Toontown, pretty badly. We had to pay $12.99 for a small bottle of OFF to get through the fireworks. If you are prone to bug bites, I would bring a small bottle/can.

DH forgot to bring a ball cap one year too. He had to buy a few when I refused to give up any of mine.

Have a great trip!!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    pogo Guest

All good idea's but I haven't seen this mentioned yet. Hand Sanitizer..... the little bottles come in handy. (no pun intended.)

Post Thanks / Like

Another non essential item... DH surprised me with a bottle of nice champagne to celebrate our anniversary. What he forgot was a stopper for the bottle to keep it from going flat. They don't sell those at the POR giftshop, needless to say
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the bug spray. Never would have actually thought of it untill I got eaten alive waiting for Illuminations.

I actually plan on bringing less this year. I'm always an overpacker and found last time we went it was way too much. I don't bring my hairdryer (too humid to dry my hair), no makeup (just slides off my face anyways), and I'm bringing half as many clothes. DH and I did a load of laundry halfway through the week while we were lounging by the pool and had more than enough clothes.

I always make sure though that I have all the electronic chargers (phones, DVD, camera, etc), and our cell phones as calling from your room can get really expensive.
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot sunscreen for the kids and I had to pay a small fortune for it in the gift shop.

And I also missed the fact that the kids' toothpaste was over the 3 oz limit for air plane carry on and it had to be thrown away at security. My kids are extremely picky when it comes to toothpaste. Thankfully my cousin lives in Orlando and was able to find the brand at Target!
    Amy

10/14 French Quarter
    5/12 Coronado Springs
    5/10 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    12/08All Star Sports
    5/07 All Star Sports
    5/06 Pop Century
    1/05 All Star Movies
    2/03 All Star Sports
    3 times before this millenium!!
    Next up: 9/16 Caribbean Beach!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of sunscreen! We didn't forget we just ran out, and it is really expensive at the world, especially if you like the spray stuff. We always stock up now on store brand before we go.
    Last edited by LarryBoy; 07-05-2007 at 03:24 PM. Reason: bad typing
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a tendancy to forget stuff than you want someone like me to be in your group. Because I overpack and have something for any emergency. My husband has gotten used to it now. I packed a suitcase full of snacks on our last trip.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Well, on our trip a couple of weeks ago my mom left the bag with everyone's tooth brushes, tooth paste, deodorant, etc. on the counter at home and didn't realize it until we were halfway to Orlando. Thank goodness we were driving and there was a Wal-Mart near our hotel!
    Erin- WDW College Program Alumni and current WDW Seasonal Merchandise CM- The Art of Disney Gallery/Wonderful World of Memories/Disney Days of Christmas @ Downtown Disney Marketplace ºOº

Last Trip: June 4-6, 2010 @ CBR- Pirate Room!

Next Trip: Spring Break 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Being ever the planner (and packer), imagine my suprise to find that I left DD & DS's sunglasses at home. First stop at MGM was for each a pair of sunglasses...not too bad $10/pair. DD ended up loosing hers towards the end of the vacation.

Also, I wished I had remembered the nighlight and sandwich baggies. Rest assured that they (and the sunglasses) are on the top of my packing list for our upcoming Aug trip.

Thanks for the reminder to bring two pairs of shoes!
    Karen

DVC Owners at SSR & BLT
    1994-Offsite Honeymoon
    2003-May ASM-1st Time for Kids
    2005-Feb AKL
    2006-May SSR
    2006-Aug OKW
    2007-May VWL
    2007-Aug SSR
    2008- May BWV
    2009- Aug Cruise (Wonder) & WDW
    2009 -Dec Last minute Christmas trip
    2010-May BLT

2011- Aug- DISNEY DREAM!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

DH forgot his sunglasses (understandable since we left for the airport at 3:30 am LOL).

I am a typical overpacker, so I think the only thing I didn't take was a thermometer, and had to pay something like $3 for one of those strips that goes on your forehead LOL.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Motrin, sunscreen and first aid kit. (I didn't forget these, but important nonetheless!)

------------------------------------------------

Sept./Oct. 05-POFQ
    Oct. 07-POP Cent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    I would have like to have forgotten FIL's wife but alas, she came along to make everyone's lives miserable.
    That is the funniest thing I have ever read....

I once forgot all of my DD's underwear!! (because as I packed she would unpack wanting to do it herself!) Needless to say we had to take a quick trip to Walmart

My nephew worked really hard on making family reunion shirts for our 2001 disney family reunion.. My sister in law forgot her familys on her kitchen table.. we still do not let her live that one down!
    Disneyjo
    I have been so many times I have lost count!!

it all started with a mouse........

Post Thanks / Like

Default Start a list!

I always work off a list. I go through my daily routine a write everything on the list.

I would recommend some sports drink sachets, they replace all the essential elecrolytes in your body. If you get slightly dehydrated (easy in Florida) pop one into a bottle of water and they will rehydrate you and give you some energy back.
    Also, I know they are ugly but try to use a fanny pack (we call them bum bag's in Australia), they take the weight off your back. Walking around the park is alot more pleasant without a sore back and shoulders.

Most of all, don't forget your smile, you'll definately need it!
    Little Disney Lovers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    I actually plan on bringing less this year. I'm always an overpacker and found last time we went it was way too much. I don't bring my hairdryer (too humid to dry my hair), no makeup (just slides off my face anyways)
    I wish I could do this! I agree there is no point in taking it since it is too hot and humid. But it is part of my morning routine that I can't live without

I always take a small power strip. It has come in handy. There are so many things to charge-phones, video cameras, batteries, Ipods, the list goes on and on....

First trip 1972
    Last trip 7/11
    Next trip 6/12

Post Thanks / Like

What did I forget on my last trip?

I forgot to be born into a wealthy family so I wouldn't have to work and could stay away from work for more than one week at a time. Vacation is always too short.

Post Thanks / Like

One trip my family took when I was a kid, my mom was so concerned about packing for me and my dad, my mom forgot her underwear, her socks and curling iron. So for those packing mom's, don't forget about your own necessities.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

My husband bought me a new digital camera for Christmas and I forgot it at home. Had to buy some throw away ones for a reasonable $19.95 a piece at the parks. Still had a great time and the camera is already packed in my "don't want to forget box" in my closet for our September trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year my husband forgot to bring an extra pair of contacts, and he tore the ones he had the very first day. So he was blind at the pool, and had to deal with the sun all day in the park.

I forgot to bring extra clothes for the girls when we went to Epcot. I knew they'd want to get wet in the fountains, and they did. Then of course they didn't want to wear their wet clothes around. Being september, I couldn't find a single pair of shorts or sundress in all of Mousegears, so I had to buy them each a $25 nightie to wear around until their clothes dried - an expensive lesson!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tink2006 View Post
    I always take a small power strip. It has come in handy. There are so many things to charge-phones, video cameras, batteries, Ipods, the list goes on and on....
    Excellent idea! I'm pretty good at remembering all of the chargers(I, like others on here, am a list person so I rarely forget to pack anything). However, I HAVE forgotten to unplug my phone charger and left it behind at the resort. Having everything plugged into a power strip instead of scattered around in different outlets makes it much easier to remember to bring them all back home.
    Jenn

1974 * 1985 * 1993 * 1997 * 1997 * 2000 * 2002 * 2004 * 2005
    Oct 06 CBR/AKL
    Dec 06 ASM
    Oct 07 POP
    June 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 SSR
    Jan 09 SSR
    May/June 09 BCV/AKV
    Aug 09 AKV
    Oct 09 AKV
    Christmas 09 BLT
    May/June 2011 CBR
    May/June 2012 AKV

Post Thanks / Like

This is especially important if you are also going on the cruise. There are very few plugs in the stateroom and the are at odd angles. So, if you just plug in a blow dryer with the special plug, you can forget plugging anything else in unless you have a power strip.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: