Quantcast What did you forget on your last trip???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What did you forget on your last trip???

On your last trip, what was the one thing that you forgot to bring, that you swear you will never leave home without again??

We are leaving in 26 days and I am pretty much packed (everyone at home thinks Im crazy, but I know you guys will understand )but I am worried that there are some things I am overlooking..

Any suggestions would be great!! Thanks...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

May I suggest a Tide to go stick. They are awesome. My DH had his arm knocked and the coffee in his hand went flying.....Of course, all over his white shirt. Pulled out the tide stick and viola! The stain was gone. Just like the military guy with the ketchup stain::::::what did you send me a daggone houdini?!? It really does work great. Got our marinara sauce a few days later when DGD hit his arm again.

Other little things, a tube of hydrocortisone cream, burn gel, sunblock, a mini deodorant for your fanny pack/back pack.

Lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Have a great time, we'll be there in 39 days.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

A WATCH BATTERY! Haha, yeah, our watch died when we got there - didnt know where to get a battery for one, so we were always taking turns bothering the CMs for the time!

Chris
    Remembering the Magic:
    March 1997 - Off site
    March 1999 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    May 2007 - Pop Century & Caribbean Beach Resort
    September 2007 - Pop Century Resort
    August 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort

UP NEXT::
    October 2009//MNSSHP//CSR!!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't forget this on my trip, I forgot it in the hotel room.....FILM. I left my film in the hotel room and had to spend a small fortune to get another roll. I have a digital this year and you bet I'm going to have a second SD card and a TON of batteries.
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

Okay....my items isn't something you necessarily need......but.....

In a trip in 2005, I forgot my curling iron. I had my husband pay a taxi to take him to the Walgreens....pay $15.00 to get one....and then have to pay the taxi driver $14.00 for a roundtrip of 4 miles.

Funny thing is.....the pictures of me without having my hair curled that day....was the best I've looked in years. He begged me not to curl my hair anymore. he he
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Extra hair ties or pony tail holders for girls.. you don't know how many can get lost or popped!

A brush/comb. I always forget one or the other.

Chargers for cell phones.

I usually pack a million days in advance and make a list of stuff I use everyday. I go through my normal getting ready routine and write it all down, then I pack them and cross off the item!

Extra pair of tennis shoes... if you don't, the rain will soak your only pair about an hour into your first day! haha
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Address list for post cards. And stamps.

Packed already???

Heck, we plan on going late September and I haven't even made room reservations yet!

We considered just walking in and asking for a room. It shouldn't be a problem in late September. We always dine very late so dinner reservations aren't a problem. And we wouldn't have to worry about Hurricanes. If one blows up, we don't go down. (we are driving from Ohio)

But last year, I was like you. 3 ring binder with every minute scheduled. It was actually too structured, thus the idea of winging it this year.

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

We, no make that "I" forgot to pack my DD's Belle dress.

I feel much shame.....

Had to buy a whole new one while we were down there.

On a serious note, I did not see babies listed in your party, but if you do have an infant (and for anyone else who has an infant) bring bibs! Lots of them. Of all the baby stuff you can get (for a price $$$ ), for the life of us we could not find a bib in all of WDW.
    Last edited by pshokie; 07-03-2007 at 08:57 AM. Reason: typo
    1970-1990 Disneyland - 4 Day Trips
    1980-2001 WDW - 6 Day Trips
    2007 Polynesian (First Resort Stay!)
    2008 Polynesian - planning

GO HOKIES!

All my thoughts and prayers...
    Rest in Peace fellow Hokies
    04-16-2007

Post Thanks / Like

Batteries for camera, pal Mickey or whatever....they are crazy expensive in the park so pack and bring extra.
    Offero

81, 82, 84, 85, 87, 90 - Disneyland (Off Site)
    83 - Offsite
    95 - Offsite
    00 - Kissimmee
    03 - Pop Music
    06 - Port Orleans/ Cruise

"The crowd which follows me with admiration, would run with the same eagerness were I marching to the Guillotine."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Post Thanks / Like

Stamps for postcards
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

We're usually pretty good about remembering everything, but on our last trip I managed to leave all my jewelry at home. It was all packed in its travel case, and I left it sitting on the armoire when we put everything into the suitcases.

On the bright side, I got to buy some beautiful earrings and a necklace at the Italy pavilion in Epcot. Hmmmm... maybe I should "forget" my jewelry again in October.

Rachel R.
    7/84 Offsite
    4/87 Day Trip
    10/00 Contemporary
    10/02 Polynesian
    12/04 WL
    3/05 AKL/Contemporary
    5/05 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    10/05 Contemporary/POR
    12/05 CBR
    5/06 OKW
    9&10/06 OKW/BCV
    12/06 Contemporary
    4/07 OKW
    10/07 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Beleive it or not, my 5 year old son's Socks. He only had the pair he was wearing for a 9 day trip.

We washed them and used the hair dryer until we found a package of three at Epcot for asomething like $15.

He still has those socks, (they really have held up well) and the are his favoites, but that was an expensive "never again!"
    First time @ Disneyland 1969
    Disneyland Resort Hotels: Disneyland Hotel, Disney's Pacific Hotel, Grand Californian.

First time @ Disney World 2004
    WDW Resort Hotels: Contemporary, Carribean Beach, Pop Century, Saratoga Springs. Next: 1/2009 Saratoga Springs

Post Thanks / Like

Tide to go Sticks are a must, as well as, wet wipes that are invaluable in wiping tables in crowded restuarants.

DH's tennis shoes are what we left behind. DH is a fanatic about picking up things around the house and is always on the kids about picking up their shoes. The morning we were leaving DH couldn't decide what shoes to wear and our baby...(3 year old) ever obedient to Dad picked up Dad's shoes for him. They were safely tucked away in Dad's closet when we got home. DH and DBIL made trip to the local Factory Outlets while the hit the park.
    Nobody Move! Dropped Me Brain.
    _Jack Sparrow_

All Star Music - 05/96
    All Star Sports - 10/98, 06/00, 06/01, 07/09....Can't Wait
    Pop Century - 10/04, 08/05, 07/06, 08/08 (Gustav Evacuation)
    Caribbean Beach Resort -04/08

Post Thanks / Like

An extra pair of glasses!

My mom broke her glasses when riding BTMRR and didn't bring an extra pair. We had to go find super glue and a rubber band to temp. fix them so she could see the rest of the trip.

The year DD potty trained we didnt' bring her potty seat ... she wouldn't #2 without it ... took a trip to Walmart to fix that problem.

-Kristy

Many trips all off-site
    Oct 07 Pop and Poly
    June 08 POP/Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know how, but I forgot my deodorant. Florida is not a place to be without. Was able to buy it in the gift shop for a whopping $2.69 for the travel size!! I have learned to double and triple check everything.
    Once, on a business trip, I went off and forgot all of my makeup. It was the only time I was thankful that there is a Wal-Mart in every town in America!

Post Thanks / Like

Hydrocordisone cream and Benadryl. We didn't have any on our last trip and yours truly ending up having some sort of allergic reaction to the sunscreen we brought. I was rather itchy and splotchy, not how I wanted to spend my honeymoon, so we had to buy some of the ridiculously overpriced stuff in the gift shop. From now on, we're bringing our own. And finding a different brand of sunscreen.
    laughter is timeless. imagination has no age. and dreams are forever.

Past Disney World Trips:
    2/97, 4/98, & 4/00 offsite
    7/06 Honeymoon @ CSR, 9/07 @ Pop with MNSSHP, 2/09 @ POR, 12/09 @ CBR with MVMCP, 1/11 @ CSR
    Next Trip:
    12/15 @ Pop! First trip with 2 little princesses!

Post Thanks / Like

we forgot the charger to our dvd recorder! it was awful since one of the deciding factors to buying the thing was to tape the fireworks!! so we had to wait a year to get back and film everything - i don't know about you all but it seems the packing gets easier and less is left behind each year we go

playdead88

boardwalk villas may 2005
    boardwalk villas may 2006
    beach club villas april 2007

wilderness lodge april 2008
    DVC member april 08
    animal kingdom villas may 09

Post Thanks / Like

Last year my husband left his cellphone on the table before we left-- are kids were 4 and 12 and we did alot of splitting up, so it was a little more difficult to find eachother.So this year I will make sure both phones go with us.
    [*]2013 POR[*]2012 Swan / AKL[*]2011 POFQ[*]2009 AS MUSIC FAMILY SUITE[*]2008 POFQ[*]2007 POLY/ POFQ[*]2006 AS MUSIC[*]2005 AS MOVIES[*]2004 POP CENTURY[*]2003 AS MOVIES[*]2000 POFQ / 3 DAYS ON WONDER[*]1998 AS MUSIC[*]2 off site trips in High School[/LIST]

Post Thanks / Like

One year my DH and I forgot our swimsuits. Thankfully we were visiting my in-laws first before Disney, so we took a little side trip and went shopping at the local mall.

Last year we forgot our DD's carseat. We were planning on having her sit in it on the airplane (she was 18 mos old and WIGGLY). Needless to say it was a long flight down!

TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

It's not that I forgot anything, but I did run out of stuff last trip. My DD's were both off and on sick and I ran out of cough medicine and Ibuprofen. I spent somewhere around $30 on medications in the gift shops and first aid stations and those bottles were so tiny! I would have like to have forgotten FIL's wife but alas, she came along to make everyone's lives miserable.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: