Quantcast what was i thinking? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

For the most part, DH and I are pretty good about purchases (well...at least at Disney.) We actually think about our purchases beforehand. The only thing that we buy that we don't wear again is the Mickey hats. Other than that, we'll buy maybe a tee shirt or a book.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Everytime I go, I buy a new key chain...not so bad right? Except for the fact that I have 3 keys, I won't carry around a thousand key rings (I hate when they rattle together in the car or in my purse!), and I love one of them so much, that I can't bring myself to rotate it out and use another from the collection. So I have about 25 different key chains, just collecting dust.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Well.. I do this too.. its bad.. as I don't have enough room for anything. I've finally had to make a list before hand and TRY not to stray... like stuff I didn't get last time.. that sorta thing....

I'm gonna hafta stick to small things and stuff I'll actually wear...
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

We used to buy T-shirts, hats and such too. The last few trips we have treated ourselves to 1 really nice souvenier. I purchased a Disney charm bracelet. I good one not costume. I can't wait to add to it! My son choose the
    R2-D2 robot from MGM. He still plays with it. I cannot remember what my husband chose. All the money we were spending on junky souveniers added up. It's amazing what looks appealing in the moment, lol!
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

Post Thanks / Like

That's what the stores are there for!!!

When we went in 1996 my wife told me she wanted to go to the "tackiest gift shoppe" we could find. She wanted to get something for my MIL. We found a gift shop on 192 in Kissimmee shaped like a giant orange. She got what she wanted for my MIL and my DD6 (at the time) also wanted something that I did give in for.

"Build it and they will come."

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is always talking about the 'smells' of WDW. Haven't any of you realized that there is some sort of mind control thing released into the air at WDW that turns us all into idiots that will buy anything? It's a conspiracy!!!

You think the welcoming arch is just that - but in reality it's probably some sort of nefarious device that works on the 'buy buy buy' brainwaves of adults.
    Life is Beautiful - pass it on. Sign your organ donor card.

Post Thanks / Like

We have those antenna balls and no antenna too, I made them into to a Garland and I use some as pencil toppers. I never regret what I buy, just what I don't. We also always have matching clothes, we have done it for so many years that it would be weird if we did not match at least once or twice. My DH does not even bug me about this anymore, he just gets dressed and smiles for the pictures.
    Although my mom did buy us St Patricks Day Mickey Ears, they are very cute but very hard to store, they do not fold. Long live Disney and all the stuff.
    "We get there when we get there!"
    Disneyland Too many times to count
    Saratoga Springs OCT '00, Dec. 2010, Dec. 2014, Dec. 2015
    A S Sports DEC '03
    POP May '06
    AKL Jan '08 Offsite Sheraton Vistana Jan '08
    Port Orleans Mar 2015, May 2015
    Coronado Springs Sept 2015

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago I read a wonderful idea.....probably on these boards....about what to do with all the old Disney T-shirts we all have hanging in the closet or stuffed in drawers.....the ones that don't get worn anymore, but you just can't bring yourself to throw out.

Make a quilt. Cut out the graphic portion of the t-shirt into a square and sew (or find someone who sews) them into a quilt/throw.

It'll be extra special because it preserves your memories, and extra comfy because it's made from T-shirts.
    Mary
    College Program Spring 1993
    Casual Temp Castmember 1993-2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2005
    Port Orleans Riverside September 2008, 2010, 2012, 2016
    Yacht & Beach Club September 2006
    Caribbean Beach September 2014
    Wilderness Lodge September 2007, 2011
    All Star Movies June 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary ct/cm View Post
    A few years ago I read a wonderful idea.....probably on these boards....about what to do with all the old Disney T-shirts.......

Make a quilt......
    What a wonderful idea! Has anyone tried that on here? I wonder how well it worked out.
    Aug 2006-POFQ & MWC
    Feb 2007-DL
    Jan 2008-POP/DCL
    Sept 2009-Cont
    May 2010-POP
    May 2011-Poly/YC
    Sept 2011-Cont
    April 2012-POP
    Jan 2013- AKL
    Sept 2013- BLT/Swan
    Upcoming Trips
    April 2015- Cont/BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angedeaile View Post
    What a wonderful idea! Has anyone tried that on here? I wonder how well it worked out.
    My mom's friend made one for me with my old t-shirts that meant too much to me to throw away but that didn't fit or that I didn't wear anymore. She just cut the graphic portion of the shirts out, stiched them together and then put some sort of batting and a backing on. I love it!
    laughter is timeless. imagination has no age. and dreams are forever.

Past Disney World Trips:
    2/97, 4/98, & 4/00 offsite
    7/06 Honeymoon @ CSR, 9/07 @ Pop with MNSSHP, 2/09 @ POR, 12/09 @ CBR with MVMCP, 1/11 @ CSR
    Next Trip:
    12/15 @ Pop! First trip with 2 little princesses!

Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip my DD bought $12.00 Cat treats!!
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

Funny, I never buy tee shirts or hats with the intention of wearing them when I get home. if I do, more the better. But I buy them to wear at Disney! Where else will I wear the ears, tee shirts, and glitter hair accoutrements?

Some of the tee shirts find their way into my regular wardrobe in the form of "lazing about the house" type shirts, but mostly, I wear them at the parks and then they become bed shirts or souvenirs that take up room. I am at peace with that.

You can also make pillows with your old tee shirts. Great for floor pillows or a child's room.

Post Thanks / Like

I never regret what I buy. It's what I don't buy that I regret. Just two weeks ago at WDW I kept eyeing a Pirates Snowglobe (I have a Disney Snowglobe Collection at home). I kept stumbling upon it the entire week and I never did commit myself to it. Now, I wish I had bought it.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m pretty good about controlling myself with the souvenirs at Disney ever since I decided I wanted to buy one small thing from each World Showcase country. Years later I was getting ready for a move and I had tons of tiny things like a mini Eiffel Tower and a sombrero keychain that I didn’t need and just collected dust. I’m bad with the food souvenirs. I always tend to bring home a box of Mickey shortcake cookies or Mickey macaroni and cheese, or something like that. But, at least those don’t go to waste!

Although a few weeks ago I was at DTD and we decided our dog, Charlie, needed a Disney toy. We found a chew toy for $12 that we thought he would love. When we got it home it turns out that the toy is as big as Charlie!!! He hates to play with it because he can hardly lift it! hehe What were we thinking?!
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ImagiAsh View Post
    I never regret what I buy. It's what I don't buy that I regret. Just two weeks ago at WDW I kept eyeing a Pirates Snowglobe (I have a Disney Snowglobe Collection at home). I kept stumbling upon it the entire week and I never did commit myself to it. Now, I wish I had bought it.
    I hope it okay to say this; If you want anything that you did not get at WDW, you can contact the Laughing Place Store and they will get it for you.
    A dream is a wish your heart makes!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: