Quantcast What's your theme?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's your theme?

I might not have seen a thread like this in awhile so this could be fun.

Do you have a pin theme? Do you just collect what you like?

It can range from Muppets
    to chip and dale.

I might not have just one theme. I collected Sorceror Mickey, Figment, Logos (the castle etc.), Pluto, attraction pins, and pins I just liked. Now I may narrow it down to Pirates, Star Wars, the Haunted Mansion, and/or attraction pins. I am not sure yet.

My theme matters when I want to buy pins at Disney (unless I am buying pins to trade). When I am trading, usually I might trade for pins that I like and/or are valuable. Last year, there was a booster pack available that was 4 pins and each was for each park. I liked the pack but I didn't buy it. I eventually found all 4 pins while trading. They aren't that valuable but I like them

So what is your theme if you have one?

The Force will be with you, always.
    --Obi Wan Kenobi

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a few random pins but I do have a lot of the Pirates pins. Those are the ones that I tend to search out.
    Karen

2009 ~ Hopefully next trip!
    1/2006 ~Coronado Springs
    12/1999 ~Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Can you tell from my name? I helped my DH to start collecting Pluto. We like the ones of Pluto by himself better than the elaborate ones. I'm having too much fun helping DH to have chosen a theme for myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Well. . . I collect many different pins, but focus on Socerer Hat, special events, and year pins.
    "We'll make a wish and do as dreamers do; and all our wishes will come true!"
    SEPt1998 - RCC - Enchantment of the Seas
    JAN2003 - WDW - ALL STAR MOVIES
    OCT2003 - RCC - Majesty of the Seas
    OCT2004 - RCC - Voyager of the Seas
    JAN'05-SEPT'07 - 4 TRIPS to POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

I do not collect pins but, my two boys do.

Taylor is going to start this year.

The boys get one pin from each park, each day. The trick is that the pin has to reflect that park. In other words, they will not buy a Test Track pin at MGM. Then, at the end of the trip the can pick one pin that is whatever they want. Last year Sean got a POTC pin and Riley went on a mission to find the NYY Mickey pin. Unfortunatley they were sold out everywhere in the World, we ordered it when we got home.

They love pin collecting.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to go for the attraction pins!
    A llama? He's supposed to be dead!

(starting last year...)
    Feb 08- 4 days at Saratoga Springs
    Apr 08- 6 days at Old Key West
    July 08- 10 days at Beach Club Villas
    Christmas 08- 6 days at Beach Club Villas
    April 09- 2 days at Universal Studios Orlando

Post Thanks / Like

Stitch!

and anything else I think is cute or different

Post Thanks / Like

All of my pins are of Mickey Mouse....by himself, with nothing around him..... I have Jedi Mickey and Mickey as Peter Pan, and Mickey as Jack and Steamboat Willie Mickey and Raincoat Mickey and Pirate Mickey and Sorcerer Mickey and Old School Mickey and Golden Mickey... I have about 25 pins, and I love them all!! ... I am thinking about starting a Mickey and Minnie set.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    All of my pins are of Mickey Mouse....by himself, with nothing around him..... I have Jedi Mickey and Mickey as Peter Pan, and Mickey as Jack and Steamboat Willie Mickey and Raincoat Mickey and Pirate Mickey and Sorcerer Mickey and Old School Mickey and Golden Mickey... I have about 25 pins, and I love them all!! ... I am thinking about starting a Mickey and Minnie set.
    That sounds like a collection I might wanna start

Tho I do enjoy Haunted Mansion pins a lot too.
    The Force will be with you, always.
    --Obi Wan Kenobi

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from WDW last Thursday and it was the first time we did pin trading. I thought it would be fun for the kids- little did I know that everyone would get into it!

There were ten of us and I ordered a random lot of 50 from Ebay before we left. We decided beforehand that we would theme our lanyards around our favorite Disney movies. My mom chose "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?". My various cousins chose "Pirates of the Caribbean", "Beauty and the Beast", "Peter Pan", "Princesses", "The Lion King" etc. My sister chose "The Little Mermaid" (I was jealous as there were some pretty cool pins to be found in the park for that movie) and I chose "Alice in Wonderland" (my favorite Disney movie and a very good book). However, it is very hard to find unique pins for Alice and friends. For instance, my sister traded for a Ariel Father's Day pin, an Ariel topiary pin cast member pin, Ariel in her wedding dress and she bought a revolving Ariel pin which shows her as a mermaid on one side and as a girl on the other. I, on the other hand, saw the same solitary Alice pin for sale in each of the four parks and one Cheshire cat with a spinning tail. Ah well, it just made hunting for pins that much more rewarding!
    April 1986 Off-site
    July 1991 Off-site
    Dec. '95/Jan. '96 CBR
    July 2001 Off-site (DL)
    Feb. 2004 Off-site
    June 2007, off-site
    Sept. 2007, POP

Sept. 2009, POP AGAIN!

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen a cool looking Cheshire cat sculpting a Pluto topiary pin on eBay. But it was above our price limit.

Post Thanks / Like

We tend to get a variety of pins, themed around our favorite movies - Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, Snow White. My DD likes to get cat character pins. DH just recently decided to focus on Donald Duck pins. On our Dec. trip my focus is on Pirates for me and DS, Princesses and Fairies for DD, Donald for DH, and also Playhouse Disney for DS - hoping to find Handy Manny and Johnny and the Sprites. Of course, it will be Christmas season, so there will probably be a bunch of those purchased as well! What an addictive habit!!

Post Thanks / Like

DS (who got me and DD hooked on this crazy hobby!) collects sports themed pins
    and vehicle themed pins, and anything else that he thinks looks "cool".

DD is just starting but has a thing for Chip&Dale and Pooh
    I try to collect special event pins (Mother's day when we were there, the anniv of the WL--which also happens to be my wedding anniv!, Food & Wine etc) and Steamboat Willie pins (hard to find but close to my heart!)

Some we got on previous trips have become "traders" as the kids have grown and tastes changed.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 main groups:
    1.Villains
    2.Walt Disney Pins
    3.Pirates
    4.Sports [predominatly basketball]

The pin trading is so cute !!
    And of course i have pleanty of random ones!

JOrdan :]
    The King and his men stole the Queen from her bed
    And bound her in her bones.
    The seas be ours and by the powers
    Where we will, we'll roam.
    Yo ho, haul together, hoist the colours high
    Heave ho, thieves and beggars,
    never shall we die!

"But why is the RUM gone !?! "

Post Thanks / Like

Talking My Themes

I collect Alice in Wonderland pins, but specificly the March Hare, as he is my favorite Disney character. I also collect attraction pins and characters dressed up as other characters...
    March Hare: It's very simple. Now, thirty days has Septem -No. wait... An unbirthday, if you have a birthday, then you -
    [laughs]
    March Hare: She doesn't know what an unbirthday is

Post Thanks / Like

My main collection: Magic Kingdom park pins. My pins are displayed on a framed poster sized map of the MK. I have just about every current attraction (the CoP pin was the hardest to find!). I am also doing Epcot and AK maps but those only have 5-6 pins on them as of now.

I also have a set of Peter Pan pins, some Mickey pins, and some Pooh Heffalump pins.

TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I mainly collect pirate pins and stitch pins. It just seems a lot more stitch and pirate pins have come out lately its hard to resist.
    Philly Eagles Fan! Red Sox Fan! Celtics Fan!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some pins of e-bay for DKs to trade last year at WDW. It was soo much fun.

DS(9) - Mostly Stitch, hidden mickey CM only pins, years, attractions, parks, Chip and Dale, Mickey Sorcerer

DS(5) - princesses, princesses, princesses, Tinkerbell, with a Bambi, Pooh and Figment thrown in - did I mention )

I also got a flag pin for them from every country we visited in Epcot.

This year we are doing it again. I also got enough for me to trade. I love Pixar so will be looking for Buzz, Woody, etc. I also would like pirates and Nightmare before Christmas. Of course, I will have to look for some Mickeys, attractions, and a Monorail pin.

It will be neat to see what themes the DKs and I pick this year. DS says it won't be Stitch this year. He wants to try something different. We'll see what happens when he sees a real cool Stictch pin he does not have already. or
    Next trip - August 2008 - Poly (yoohoo!)
    July 2007 - CR
    July 2006 - CR
    Several off-site trips pre 2006

Post Thanks / Like

DD4 and I have a collective collection going--they're "hers," but not really LOL I tried to convince her to go with all Tink/PeterPan themed pins last trip--that lasted for about 10 minutes! It's hard to say no, they're all so cute! Her trades were for all different characters, whoever she liked at that moment.

This time around I'm going to try to convince her to stick to one (or two!) characters/themes. She's REALLY into POTC right now, so it shouldn't be too hard to steer her in that direction.

I, personally, would like a pin from each resort we stay at, but that's taking too long, so I think I'll try to get one of each resort we visit. Much easier, and easier on the wallet (as opposed to actually staying there LOL)

FYI- eBay is a dangerous site for pin lovers!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really have one specific theme.

I am trying to stick to characters dressed as other characters, but also pick out pins that are unique to a particular trip (eg Christmas, Halloween, Labor Day, etc.).

Also, I look at what pins the Cast Members are wearing and try and trade for any Cast pins that I like.

Of course, I'm open to any pin that grabs my attention...
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: