Quantcast Disney DIning

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Disney DIning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney DIning

We've made over 25 trips to 'the world' in the last 7 years, but we're getting ready to use the dining plan for the first time. I have a couple of questions for the veterans of the plan.

1. We will have a 2 year old and a 4 year old with us. I know that the 2 year old is "free" at buffets, but if we order a child's meal for him we'll have to pay for it. He will typically want his own "mickey meal" when his older brother is getting one. I think the price for children on the dining plan is extremely reasonable. What I'm wondering is CAN I purchase the dining plan for the 2 year old so that we have the same benefits for him as the 4 year old????

2. For the snack credits - I know that some things like ice cream, popcorn, etc. are easy to identify. What I'm wondering is are there alternatives like hot dogs or chicken nuggets that are regularly priced below $4 as part of the snack options - and does anyone have a comprehensive list of snack options available?

Thanks!
    Disney Trips:
    (daytrip) May 1990; (WL) March 2000 - When I fell in love with the "magic"!!; (GF) December 2000; (CS) March 2001; (AKL) September 2001; (Poly) December 2001; (AKL) September 2002; (Poly/GF) December 2002; (BC) October 2003; (Poly) December 2003

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, since you are not purchasing park tickets for the 2yr old, you can not purchase the dining plan for him. It would be much more cost effective to pay for his meals OOP. I'm not sure about this site, but I have seen a comprehensive list of snack items on a couple other disney sites. I may be wrong, but I do not remeber things like hot dogs/chicken nuggets being included on the list.
    many, many trips as a child
    WDW 2000 - offsite
    WDW 2001 - offsite
    WDW 2006 - Pop Century
    WDW 2007 - Poly Concierge / OKW
    October 2007- Became DVC Members!!
    February 2008 - Saratoga Springs
    May 2008 - Boardwak Villas
    August 2008 - Beach Club / Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

From Info Central:

One Snack includes your choice of one (1) of the following*:
    Frozen Ice-Cream, Novelty or Fruit Bar
    Popcorn Scoop (single serving box)
    Single Piece of Whole Fruit
    Single serving Grab Bag of Frito-Lay’s Chips
    20 oz. Bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite
    24 oz. Dasani Water
    Medium Fountain Soft Drink or Apple Juice

Please note: In May 2006, some flexibility was added to snack credit items available. In general a snack on the Dining Plan is any item under $4 that is edible, not merchandise and nonalcoholic. It does vary and some locations are still not participating in the "under $4" option.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'd pay OOP for the 2 year old for sure. This year we are doing CS breakfast with our kid's credits and paying OOP so they can have a better lunch.
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tltcats
    2. For the snack credits - I know that some things like ice cream, popcorn, etc. are easy to identify. What I'm wondering is are there alternatives like hot dogs or chicken nuggets that are regularly priced below $4 as part of the snack options
    No. The rule of thumb is side items and desserts priced under $4.

and does anyone have a comprehensive list of snack options available?
    While not completely comprehensive, the lists in the Disney Dining Plan FAQ should help in planning.

For an idea of what types of snack items are available on the plan see the following listings for Unofficial Listings of Disney Dining Plan Snack Item Inclusions.

Magic Kingdom Snack Items
    Epcot Snack Items
    Disney-MGM Studios Snack Items
    Animal Kingdom Snack Items
    Resorts & Beyond Snack Items

See INTERCOT Snack Items Exclusion Listing for an Unofficial Listing of Disney Dining Plan Snack Item Exclusions.
    What I'm wondering is CAN I purchase the dining plan for the 2 year old so that we have the same benefits for him as the 4 year old????
    Not with out also purchasing park tickets and counting them in your total room occupancy--essentially they would need to be equal (in cost) to every other member on the package.

but if we order a child's meal for him we'll have to pay for it.
    That would likely be your most cost effective option. Other food for thought:

1)Most Disney Dining Locations will provide small complimentary entrées (upon request) for Guests Under 3 in a Dining Party.

2)Many Guests find that the number of courses included in each meal on the Disney Dining Plan provide enough food for their Under 3-year-olds to eat off an Adult plate(s).
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    1)Most Disney Dining Locations will provide small complimentary entrées (upon request) for Guests Under 3 in a Dining Party.
    That sounds like an outstanding option for our family. I’ve never heard of such a thing nor has anyone ever offered a complimentary entrée for our under three-year-old. Please tell me more! Are there certain restaurants that do this? Do you have to ask for it? Is it rude to ask for it? I’m not comfortable asking for something for free, but if it’s a regular thing and something they normally offer I wouldn’t mind.

tr

Post Thanks / Like

As already stated, they offer items that are generally $4 and below. Most of these items are ice cream, cookies, cakes, pies, pastries, pretzels ect but also they have some side orders such as fries, eggrolls, corn on the cob, cereal (at resorts). It's just a matter of finding them.
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 year old entrees

tr - I'm guessing that this (small complimentary entree) is probably only extended to families on the dining plan - has that been your experience?
    Disney Trips:
    (daytrip) May 1990; (WL) March 2000 - When I fell in love with the "magic"!!; (GF) December 2000; (CS) March 2001; (AKL) September 2001; (Poly) December 2001; (AKL) September 2002; (Poly/GF) December 2002; (BC) October 2003; (Poly) December 2003

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps that's the case. We've never been on the dining plan before. Maybe that's why it hasn't ever been offered to us.

tr

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone clarify for me when the DDP goes into affect. Is it from day you check-in to your resort until the day you check-out? I'm a little fuzzy on this point. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope to un-fuzzy you. Your DDP credits activate when you check into your resort and expire at midnight of the day you check out.

tr

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: