Quantcast Worst Meal EVER in WDW - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station. I was really disappointed in this meal. The Unofficial Guide raved about this place so I was expecting some decent Chinese food. What we got was extremely bland and it took FOREVER to get our meal. DH called me twice while I was in line and he was securing a table to see if I got lost!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Our worst expereince was at Planet Hollywood. The food was terrible.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Five of us ate at the Sci-Fi and did not care for the entrees at all. They were just so-so and for the price???...it was not worth it at ALL. We did enjoy our appetizers and the desserts. We liked the atmosphere of it, but we didn't sit in the cars. We had a table, so we could share some laughs over what we were watching. We would consider going back - but just for dessert.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

DTD Rainforest Cafe - bad food and appalling service. I was there solo and the waiter made it clear that he was getting ripped off on his tip having to take care of one person instead of two. I'm a generous tipper becauase I can appreciate the server's point of view. Had he not whined and moaned and had actually given me some service he wouldn't have suffered at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Default worst

Alfredos, I had a shrimp alfredo dish, the alfredo sauce had no flavor and the 5 (yes count them 5 shrimp) were like rubber

Post Thanks / Like

Worst food we've ever had was at The Plaza Restaurant. Ordered hamburgers. Our first impression was that the burgers had no taste. Our second impression was that the burgers were just frozen patties, cooked and thrown on a plate.

We've not been pack & have no desire to return.

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I am just a lucky guy but my only "So-so" meal was at Tony's Town Square. The spaghetti was bellow average. It wasn't horrible, just unimpressive.
    "But you've read it twice!" -The Bookseller

02-1987 Off-Site, 09-2005 Pop Century, 09-2006 Pop Century,
    09 2007 All-Star Sports

Next trip: 09-2006

Yes, I am a Browncoat.

Post Thanks / Like

I did not care for my meal at Concourse Steakhouse. My lobster bisque was pretty awful and my steak kinda tasted funny. Everyone else was raving about their meals, so maybe it was just me.

I was very disappointed in the Biergarten at Epcot. Maybe it's because we've been to Germany and our expectations were too high. It could be sooo much better. I think it needs to be a true sit down restaurant where you order your meal...not a buffet.

The definate worst meal we've ever had at WDW is Chef Mickey's...although our waiter was superb.

Our waiter was not so great at Crystal Palace. My DH actually went and filled up some of our drink glasses because he just never came back. I thought for sure he'd get reprimanded by a CM, but no one noticed. The food was wonderful that evening and we had a great time.

My friend got a hot pretzal from a vendor at MK across from the Winnie the Pooh ride. She took a bite and immediately threw it away. She said it was "nasty".

That may sound like a lot, but considering the number of meals I've had at WDW it's really not too bad. The good experiences far outweigh the bad.
    Beth

Feb 2001 - All Star Movies
    March 2003 - Caribbean Beach
    Oct 2003 - All Star Movies
    Feb 2005 - Pop
    Dec 2005 - AKL
    Oct 2006 - Old Key West
    Jan 2007 - Boardwalk Villas
    Feb 2007 - Pop
    Sep 2007 - Old Key West
    Feb 2008 - Old Key West
    June 2009 - Old Key West & 3-day Cruise!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tink2006 View Post
    I would have to say Mickey's BBQ. It was our own fault - we are not much for picnic style food and eating on picnic tables. The food was horrible and it was VERY crowded. The entertainment was mediocre. The characters did not go around any of the tables. It was just not for us!
    I agree that the entertainment was mediocre. Not quite what I expected.
    But the food was an entirely different matter. I thought the food was hot, tasty and plentiful. I normally stop eating long before I feel sick, but not at the BBQ. I just couldn't get enough of the cole slaw, ribs and corn on the cob. Yum!!
    I can't remember if this place had corn bread (I know Hoop Dee Doo did), but I know I ate my weight in corn bread also.
    Before Kids:
    Off-Site - September/91 & September/92

With Kids:
    Off-site - November/03 & September/05
    FREE DINING:
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/06 (w/ my parents)
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/07
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/08 (w/Bro's family)
    POP Century - Sept/09 (NO KIDS!!!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly thought that the worst food I have ever had was at the Hoop De Doo. I realize that you are paying mostly for the entertainment and the food wasn't that bad but I thought it was a lot of money for what you got. I have had better fried chicken at Bojangles.

I also thought the entertainment was mediocre. There are some other free shows that are better.

I don't regret it however, it is something that everyone should try once. It is pretty popular so most people must really like it.

I think it is interesting that some people picked some of my favorites as their worst meal. It just goes to show you how different everyone's taste is.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

another vote for Planet Horrible
    "in darkness there is power"

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, most of my dining experiences at WDW have been great. We have had 2 so-so ones, one at Boma, where they kept us waiting for a table for ages and ages, and service was slow (food was great though) and one at the 50's Prime Time, where the girl who was "mom" was not into character at all, and it wasn't as fun as I expected it, and MY Mum's dish was cold.
    Amy AKA Fantasmic

Let your Disney magic shine!

Mystries and Magic, visions Fantasmic!

WDW in 88,89,90,91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,04,05,07,09,11,13,14,16
    DLP in 99,00,08

Post Thanks / Like

Toy Story Pizza Planet! I am not picky at all. I find very little fault with food...but honestly, I still feel queasy thinking about that wet, doughy pizza, greasy and mushy. GROSS!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Ours was Boma, but this was mostly our fault. I think we had set our expectations too high based on recommendations of friends who had previously visited. We like to try differnt foods, and usually enjoy many ethnic foods. However, for some reason, most of the foods on the buffet just did not do it for us. I can say that the food trays were all very well stocked, food was hot and plentiful, however, none of us really cared for most of the selections. Having said that though, I could have stayed all night and ate the Zebra Domes & Chocolate Mousse It was one of those places I can say I tried, but probably won't be going back, unless we were to go with someone who really had their heart set on trying it!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mama Melroses

My worst meal was at Mama Melroses.

It wasn't really bad and I certainly can not fault it. I wanted to try tuna, and I was afraid to try it cooked anyway other than well done. I got what I asked for, but at the time I was very disappointed.

Since then, I've had seared tuna and found that I really like it.

Post Thanks / Like

I really love this thread - and not because I love to hear negatives about WDW (in fact, nothing could be further from the truth), but simply because of the diversity of opinions and experiences that people have had.

About 99% of our meals at WDW have been either good or better (meaning excellent!).

But we've had a few bad ones:
    Service Problems: Spoodles
    Ultimate Letdown: Mickey's Backyard BBQ
    Worst Meals for food (twice): O'hana's (don't kill me on this one - I'm well aware of the popularity of this place!)
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Without question, our worst meal ever at WDW was at Alfredo's.
    I know that Alfredos has a large number of fans here but our meal was bad from the start.
    The service was uninspired and only got worse when they found out that we were on the Dining plan. The food was very disappointing, three of my family ordered the Fettuccini Alfredo, what we actually received was overcooked pasta in a thick, pasty sauce.
    Not disappointed that Alfredos is going away.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

This has been an excellent thread to read! Knowing that opinions weigh heavily based on the experience you are looking for, if you have kids, and how much $$ you are willing to spend. I have enjoyed reading all the responses!

I have to say, for us, the excellent and outstanding far outweigh the sub-standard and the lousy.

DH says Cape May Cafe didn't do it for him. Being from New England, he expected more quality in the seafood. Service has always been great though. Yep, we do go back when we have first time guests with us who want to try it.

I say Sci-Fi Dine In Theater-bad food, small portion (thank goodness)and lousy service. We'll never go back there.

Rose and Crown was nothing to write home about either. DH missed that meal but Mom and I didn't enjoy ourselves. We ended up snacking before the night was over. Suppose we might try it again if someone in our party really wanted to.

More trips than I can list, DVC Members since 2003.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never "detested" a meal at WDW...but by far the worst meal I've had was at Rose & Crown. We sat outside, with a beautiful view of ALL of World Showcase. My fish, which was what I was looking forward to the MOST, was not fresh, and tasted (excuse the pun) 'fishy'...which is NEVER what you want to taste from a fish...especially a fried fish. I simply could not eat it. Thankfully, my steak was good, as were the appetizers and desserts. However, I will probably not go there again...unless it is JUST for appetizers. I'll stick with my favorites Coral Reef and 50s Prime Time Cafe!
    ~Greg~
    18 trips to WDW!
    Next trip: Nov 14-18, 2013!

9 trips to Disneyland!
    Next trip: Dec 22-23, 2013

4 trips to Tokyo Disneyland!
    Next Trip: Dec 17-19, 2013

5 trips to Hong Kong Disneyland!
    Next Trip: ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IC10 View Post
    ABC Commissary makes my mouth dry thinking of all of that salt. Ewwww!!!
    Tina

Life is a prize, live every minute...

Disney World x 100+
    Disney Land x 1
    Disney Land Paris x 2

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: