Quantcast Worst Meal EVER in WDW - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Would be a tie between Taste Pilots at DCA and Pecos Bills at MK -- both the same thing -- overdone burgers with overcooked fries, and a less than appealing fixins bar!
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of people won't like this, but my worst meal was at Sci-Fi. The atmosphere was unique, although I, for one, didn't like the car booths. For a party of three, it was impossible to carry on a conversation. Aside from that, I had the rib platter. I couldn't eat any of it! What meat was there was terribly tough and had no taste whatsoever. The rest of the meal was forgettable as well. To top it off, we went there for lunch and it was one of the most expensive meals of the entire trip - dinners included! I would never go back to Sci-Fi again unless it was with somebody who had never been there before and just wanted to see what it was like. And even the, I would stick with some onion rings and a shake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disdad13 View Post
    A lot of people won't like this, but my worst meal was at Sci-Fi. The atmosphere was unique, although I, for one, didn't like the car booths. For a party of three, it was impossible to carry on a conversation.
    I'm glad somone also feels as I do about Sci-Fi. Great thought but I like to see the people I eat with and my food.

If you thought people weren't going to like that one they really aren't going to like this one. My worst meal ever in WDW was at the Liberty Tree Tavern. All the meats were beyond dry, the mashed pots were flavorless, and the mac and cheese, Stouffer's, ewww. We loved the characters but the food, for us left quite a bit to be desired. to those of you who love it I guess it's just not for us.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Beirgarten. I love the building but the food is horrible.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Lotus Blossom - but that was a few years ago, maybe things have improved.

Post Thanks / Like

Default worst food

california grill was by far the worst. I cant believe i gave up my reservations for le cellier for that, but my daughter really wanted to see the fire works and we would have missed them if we ate in canada. i thought alfredos was good. didnt care much for the waiter but the food was good.

Post Thanks / Like

Default worst meal

i may have been mistaken. i cant remember oif the name is calif. grill or garden grill. anyway, it was the one in which the restaurant revolved around while you ate. and it was character dining.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Worst Meal

I don't want to say that it was terrible, but, dinner at SciFi, a couple of years ago was not good. My DD's hardly touched their food and it was so dark that I could hardly even see what I was eating. I would go back, just to see if things improved

Post Thanks / Like

It's a toss up between Sci-Fi and Lotus Blossom. But take my advice,avoid Lotus Blossom like the plague.
    1st trip to WDW Offsite-1994
    All Star Sports-June 1999
    Coronado Springs-February 26-March 4th 2007(solo trip)
    Can't wait to go back..

Post Thanks / Like

For us it was this past March and dinner at 1900 Park Fare. It is a buffet and most of the buffet is set up in a corner. You had to stand and wait as people moved out of the corner in order to get in to get your food. And you had better move quick. People were very pushy trying to get to their food.

The food though was awful! The pasta dishes were dried out, the rolls were stale, the meat was tough and cold and the bananas foster that I was so looking forward to had sat way to long and the bananas were mealy and mushy. YUCK! I could not believe the spaghetti on the children's buffet, it looked like it had sat there overnight it was starting to get crunchy!

The place itself is in major need of refurbishment. I figured since it was in the Grand Floridian that the restaurant would be lovely. That was not the case at all. Walls are scuffed, the carpet stained and it just did not appear nice looking at all. I felt like they know that the princesses (Cinderella in particular) are a draw so why bother fixing up the place. We will never go back.
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jax86 View Post
    i may have been mistaken. i cant remember oif the name is calif. grill or garden grill. anyway, it was the one in which the restaurant revolved around while you ate. and it was character dining.
    If it was at Epcot than it would have been the Garden Grill.

California Grill is on top of the Contemporary and is to us one of the best restaurants ever, not just at WDW!
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

This, for us, is a virtual tie between Alfredo's and (Ok here it comes and I'm prepared for the replies ) Rose&Crown.

We had three dinners in a row at Alfredo's that were just horrible (yes I like to give a place the benefit of the doubt). Rude service would have been preferrable to the distain and arrogance we experienced. Don't even remember what the food was or tasted like because we were treated so badly. It was like we were an imposition on the waiter's day rather than customers.

As for Rose&Crown, we had a reasonable and two bad meals. The two bad were so bad (the food was absolutely among the worst we've had anywhere not just at Disney) that we just can't think of going back. The reasonable was just that. Not bad, flavours good if not exceptional so we gave it a couple of more tries. Just not interested in risking getting the horrible anymore.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say the fish and chips from the Yorkshire County Fish Shop - they looked and smelled so good - were very greasy and the sea gulls seemed to enjoy them (and the nearby patrons' baskets!) more than hubby and I did.
    ---------------------------------
    DVC Member Since 04/08 Animal Kingdom Villas

CS 5/2010, SS 4/2010, AKV 11/2009, BW 5/2009,
    SS 2/2009, SS 10/2008, POR 7/2008, WC 8/2007
    POR 12/2006, POR 10/2005, POR 10/2004, FW 10/2002
    FW 10/1993, OS 12/1989

Post Thanks / Like

Our worse meal had to be ABC Commisary at MGM last September. Incredibly long wait for less than average food. Wouldn't go there again as a result. Time is too precious at Disney to spend it waiting in a food line.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi-

We have two that tie - Alfredo's and ESPN. Alfredo's service was horrible and the food was not good. Coming from Boston, I should have known been than to try Italian food at WDW. The server wasn't around to give us refills on our drinks.

And, ESPN's food was just plan bad! WE had wings - how can you mess up wings. They messed up wings. This upcoming trip wewant to go back to ESPN to watch Monday Night Football but are planning to eat at Flying FIsh first.
    Contemporary 10/82
    Polynesian 12/89
    Off-Site 2/02
    Port Orleans Riverside 5/02
    WL 2/03
    WL Concierge 10/03
    AKL 10/04
    WL 11/05
    WL Concierge 12/07
    WL- 11/08

Next trips
    WL - 11/11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tink2006 View Post
    I would have to say Mickey's BBQ. It was our own fault - we are not much for picnic style food and eating on picnic tables. The food was horrible and it was VERY crowded. The entertainment was mediocre. The characters did not go around any of the tables. It was just not for us!
    This was our worst too. Bugs were everywhere and we waited for over an hour in the dark for the bus to pick us up in the middle of no where.

Post Thanks / Like

Fried Chicken at WCC. Even though I love that restaurant, I just will never get that dish again. It was sooooo dry. And more recently the "lobster bisque" at Concourse Steakhouse. I was expecting what I had gotten at Coral Reef. But no go. But at the same time will still certainly do both restaurants again.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy My bad meal

FLame Tree Grill in AK in 2005. Food was old, corn was chewy, meat was fatty, beans were cold, horrible!!!!!

Other than that the food has always been good. Props to WDW for promoting quality.
    "We'll make a wish and do as dreamers do; and all our wishes will come true!"
    SEPt1998 - RCC - Enchantment of the Seas
    JAN2003 - WDW - ALL STAR MOVIES
    OCT2003 - RCC - Majesty of the Seas
    OCT2004 - RCC - Voyager of the Seas
    JAN'05-SEPT'07 - 4 TRIPS to POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

We've had a few bad experiences dining at WDW, but the meal that was perhaps the worst was lunch at CRT: we were there for my DS' birthday and I had to remind our CM twice about that despite the fact that it was noted on our ADR and I had mentioned it to the CM checking us in as well. This CM in particular obviously was thinking of things other than attending to our table that day and barely responded to requests for water, etc. And to top things off, my lunch made me within the hour.

Other less than perfect experiences (I'm being diplomatic here): lunch at Brown Derby, Lotus Blossom Cafe, Big River Grille, DS's lunch at Tangierine Café (though my lunch there was great).
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Our last trip to Liberty Tree Tavern was not so good. Our waiter was Haitian and did not speak English very well. My niece did not get what she ordered, it took forever to get drink refills and catsup.

My Dad thinks the food at Le Cellier made him sick once. It took a few trips before I could convince him to go back. We went this past trip and it was nothing great.

The food at the Polynesian Luau was really sub standard but the show was good.

Sci-Fi drive in was not good at all.

I am not a fan of Whispering Canyon for dinner. I think the ribs are terrible. They do have a good breakfast though.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP